THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12
    6:00 - Ouachita Baptist @ Southern Nazarene

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14
    1:00 - Arkansas-Monticello @ Oklahoma Baptist
    2:00 - Henderson State @ Southeastern Oklahoma State
    2:00 - Southern Arkansas @ East Central
    2:00 - Harding @ Northwestern Oklahoma State
    2:00 - Arkansas Tech @ Southwestern Oklahoma State
    Last edited by Tech Boys; 10-07-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Default Re: GAC Week 6 Recap

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I'm not sending the trophy to Durant yet. Just hoping for more GAC football craziness.

Tech still has Volleyball with a 20-0 record; including 15 matches with a 3-0 sweep, 4 matches went 3-1, and 1 match finished 3-2.

Hey we're just one game out from being tied for 2nd, and we probably couldn't beat Absorbine Jr. College.

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    Hey we're just one game out from being tied for 2nd, and we probably couldn't beat Absorbine Jr. College.
    Any team thats .500 or better right now has some sort of chance with how crazy this year has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    I’m routing majorly for you guys next week red!!! Come on don’t let me down!!

Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    I’m routing majorly for you guys next week red!!! Come on don’t let me down!!
    I won't, I promise. Now the Reddies team may let us down.

Southeastern has escaped the last 2 weeks!! Very well could’ve been 4-2 as well at the end of today!!

Okay, now that we are past the halfway point this season, here are three general takeaways:

1) The GAC is in a massive state of flux. By that I mean some teams are down, some are improved, some are now rebounding, some are now starting to sink. This season is like the Wild West.

2) I don't see any team that is playoff caliber this year. Right now Southeastern Oklahoma looks to have the best shot at making the playoffs, but they are not at the level a team needs to be to make a playoff run.

3) We are going to have a race for the Texarkana Bowl bid and maybe have a team or two with a shot at a Heart of Texas Bowl bid.
    Last edited by Armo Wood; 10-07-2017 at 09:39 PM.

9. Default Re: GAC Week 6 Recap

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Okay, now that we are past the halfway point this season, here are three general takeaways:

1) The GAC is in a massive state of flux. By that I mean some teams are down, some are improved, some are now rebounding, some are now starting to sink. This season is like the Wild West.

2) I don't see any team that is playoff caliber this year. Right now Southeastern Oklahoma looks to have the best shot at making the playoffs, but they are not at the level a team needs to be to make a playoff run.

3) We are going to have a race for the Texarkana Bowl bid and maybe have a team or two with a shot at a Heart of Texas Bowl bid.
    I'm glad someone with your credibility said it first. This league is down this year. It's hard to gauge just how much improvement some teams including mine are really making since the competition is not what we have been used to. The lack of quality of the "top" teams this year makes the others look better than they really may be. Parity, the top echelon has come back to the rest in a very big way.
    Last edited by Racous Ranger; 10-08-2017 at 02:06 PM.

10. Default Re: GAC Week 6 Recap

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post

After week 1 I predicted that no team from the GAC would make the playoffs. I still believe every team will have at least 2 losses and SEOK may not even get in if they finish with only 1 loss because the conference is so weak.

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT View Post
    I still believe every team will have at least 2 losses...
    This is a very real possibility given how the GAC is going this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT View Post
    ...SEOK may not even get in if they finish with only 1 loss because the conference is so weak.
    This is off base with how playoff spots are awarded and how the wider SR3 looks right now.

Let's look at the wider SR3 first.

GLIAC: Ashland, Ferris, Grand Valley all have one loss. Ashland and Grand Valley still have to play one another, so one of those teams will end up with a second loss. Ferris and Grand Valley also have to still play, again somebody is going to end up with a second loss. Granted, a GLIAC 2-loss team may make it in due to SOS considerations. However, the GLIAC is not likely getting two 2-loss teams into the playoffs.

MIAA: Hays & NWMSU are undefeated and WU has one loss. Hays & WU play this week. If Hays wins then WU is likely done for the playoffs. If WU wins, then the Hays-NWMSU game will take on even more interesting dimensions.

GLVC: Indy is undefeated. Nobody has only one loss, there are two teams with two losses. Granted, like the GLIAC, a two loss GLVC team could make it in due to SOS considerations. Having said that, Indy looks like they are going to tear up the GLVC as the only remaining teams left on their schedule with a winning record are Missouri S&T (GLVC team with 2 losses) and Notre Dame College (OOC against MEC). I have a hard time believing that Indy (who beat Grand Valley & Wayne St in the GLIAC and Hillsdale in the GMAC) will lose to Missouri S&T or Notre Dame College--especially since Indy plays both Missouri S&T and Notre Dame College at home. As for the two 2-loss teams, McKendree and Missouri S&T, they still have to play one another. One of those two teams will have three losses at that point and will definitely be out.

Keep in mind a team only has to be in the top 8 if earned access is needed.

So as you can see, if SE finishes even with one loss they will likely be in the playoffs. A one loss SE team's issue would not be whether or not they make the playoffs, their issue would be whether or not they play at home in the first round or end up playing on the road.
    Last edited by Armo Wood; 10-08-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Armo, do you believe a 2-loss GAC champion would be left out of the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by ReddieMade View Post
    Armo, do you believe a 2-loss GAC champion would be left out of the playoffs?
    Possible, but not probable.

I think a 2-loss GAC champ most likely gets in. Whether it is due to politics over one or two of the available PO spots for 2-loss teams, or they get in on earned access--that's anybody's guess right now.

The GLVC is the only conference in the region that looks close to clarity at this point.

The NCAA was suppose to pass the 48-team playoff change in January 2016. In D2 it only affected football and men's soccer. Before, a 48-team or more bracket has AQs and at least half the bracket must be at-large. The change would allow AQs for football and men's soccer and all bracketed postseason D2 sports would be able to set their own minimum number of at-large selections. This would end the earned access debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Boys View Post
    The NCAA was suppose to pass the 48-team playoff change in January 2016. In D2 it only affected football and men's soccer. Before, a 48-team or more bracket has AQs and at least half the bracket must be at-large. The change would allow AQs for football and men's soccer and all bracketed postseason D2 sports would be able to set their own minimum number of at-large selections. This would end the earned access debates.
    I learned from a source that the proposal passed. However, the individual sports committees had to request the AQs. The football committee decided against requesting the AQs.