Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grand Valley State Lakers vs. Wayne State Warriors

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Grand Valley State Lakers vs. Wayne State Warriors

Waynes starting qb goes down with no contact - hmmm...maybe you should not play him against backups the whole 2nd half

Good game - special teams for Wayne screwed the pooch - run still an issue for GV D

Surprised wayne played their starting O the whole 2nd half...why?

Wayne State needs to change their handle to LOSERS

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGV View Post
    Good game - special teams for Wayne screwed the pooch - run still an issue for GV D
    Huh? I do know GV gave up some yards in the first half, but IIRC, it was a shut out. What concerned me more was the run option... so yeah, I guess run is still in issue. As for the second half, I think we had WR's playing corners?? Solid game all around IMO. Well, first half was best half of the year. On to Truman.

Yes, 1st half was good but, had not wayne's special teams screwed up a snap and mishandle a punt what might have happened - they were running the ball and stopping us in that 1st qtr the special team screw ups blew it open - just thinking, what if

Yes, 1st half was good but, had not wayne's special teams screwed up a snap and mishandle a punt what might have happened - they were running the ball and stopping us in that 1st qtr the special team screw ups blew it open - just thinking, what if
    Can't argue with that. But I'll take a first half shut out over a what if every time. Frankly, that second down run stop on that series with the bad punt snap could be the hidden gem in the first half. I think Wayne tried to throw on next play? Then the bad snap.. after that, the floodgates opened. Frankly, GV got out with a pretty easy win and no injuries to the ones.

O'Korn for Michigan is the worst QB in college football - no one can be as bad as him - bad decisions bad throws just bad bad play - the worst

O'Korn for Michigan is the worst QB in college football - no one can be as bad as him - bad decisions bad throws just bad bad play - the worst
    M clearly has QB issues. I have my biases, but Harbaugh should have better QB's at this point. Gonna be a ton of chatter about JH.

10. Default Re: Grand Valley State Lakers vs. Wayne State Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by 4nick8 View Post
    Classless Warriors
    I agree...Wayne was classless. I’m all for battling to the end but Wayne overstepped that line. Keeping ALL starters in down 45-14 with under 8 minutes to go? Then taking timeouts down 45-21 with 2 mins to go...mind you this is well after GV started pulling starters mid 3Q. Oh and then we have two players ejected at separate times. Andddd our starting QB goes down with less than 2 mins left in a meaningless game at that point. Disheartening watching that game.

11. Default Re: Grand Valley State Lakers vs. Wayne State Warriors

MD and N.E.W I wanted to chime in here as the GV game was not only ANOTHER loss but a physical beat-down IMO.
    I've been an ardent Warrior fan since 2008 and I'm seeing signs that this team is not responding to the coaching staff and not playing "WS Warrior" football.

Every football team is dealing with injuries this time of the season so the injury excuse is just that, an excuse. The losses to Tiffin, FSU and now GV were evident that this team is not competitive and is not playing inspired football.
    I don't see them winning more than 1-2 games with Ashland, Northwood, NMU and MTU coming up. Right now beating Davenport is not a lock.
    So MD and N.E.W, I pose this question: Is it time for AD Fournier to start looking for a new HC at WSU ?
    What I'm hearing from coach Winter's is a lot of excuses and semi-delusional comments that this team is "competitive" and "lost opportunities" are why this team didn't win over FSU and GV. Really ? What game is he watching ???

Quote Originally Posted by coachDano View Post
    MD and N.E.W I wanted to chime in here as the GV game was not only ANOTHER loss but a physical beat-down IMO.
    I've been an ardent Warrior fan since 2008 and I'm seeing signs that this team is not responding to the coaching staff and not playing "WS Warrior" football.

Every football team is dealing with injuries this time of the season so the injury excuse is just that, an excuse. The losses to Tiffin, FSU and now GV were evident that this team is not competitive and is not playing inspired football.
    I don't see them winning more than 1-2 games with Ashland, Northwood, NMU and MTU coming up. Right now beating Davenport is not a lock.
    So MD and N.E.W, I pose this question: Is it time for AD Fournier to start looking for a new HC at WSU ?
    What I'm hearing from coach Winter's is a lot of excuses and semi-delusional comments that this team is "competitive" and "lost opportunities" are why this team didn't win over FSU and GV. Really ? What game is he watching ???
    Wayne could play only the players from the 2017 recruiting class and beat Davenport easily.

wayne will beat davenport easily - but to the warrior fans point, yes, wayne state has always played tough, hard nosed football since we first played in the 70's but last night, that team wasn't there - now, the bad snap on the punt and the long run were two BIG plays that turned it all around BUT GV had big play after big play - the usually stout D just wan't doing its thing last night - good luck the rest of the season

14. Default Re: Grand Valley State Lakers vs. Wayne State Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
    I agree...Wayne was classless. I’m all for battling to the end but Wayne overstepped that line. Keeping ALL starters in down 45-14 with under 8 minutes to go? Then taking timeouts down 45-21 with 2 mins to go...mind you this is well after GV started pulling starters mid 3Q. Oh and then we have two players ejected at separate times. Andddd our starting QB goes down with less than 2 mins left in a meaningless game at that point. Disheartening watching that game.
    The ejections hurt not only this game but the next also. I was amazed that Winters would risk anything when it was clear the game was over. The lack of judgement by the head coach would give me concern as a Warriors fan. As always the folks at Wayne State were polite to this GV visitor. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Hmmmm... Youv'e said a mouthful Coach Dano. This year is a pivotal one for Winters and the Warriors. The warm fuzzy feelings from a national championship run in '11 are over. Year after year there is a sense of disappointment and failure to make the playoffs; especially with the emergence of ODU and the re-emergence of FSU. WSU has simply slipped back into mediocrity. No matter what happens here on out, the 2017 season is a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    M clearly has QB issues. I have my biases, but Harbaugh should have better QB's at this point. Gonna be a ton of chatter about JH.
    The Honeymoon is over for Jimmy H.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEraWarrior
    Yeah, not sure what Winters was doing there keeping starters in. Kinda knew that was something was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    The Honeymoon is over for Jimmy H.
    Yeah, not sure what Winters was doing there keeping starters in. Kinda knew that was something was going to happen.
    I can tell you why. Wayne State was already playing with what was essentially a second unit of defensive lineman due to injuries from the start of the game. The rest of the defense other than Pittman, James Howard, and Kyle Toth were substituted throughout the entire game due to injuries or bad play.
    Now for the offensive. When you have a starting offensive line that is made up of 2 sophomores, two true freshman and a junior, then you are going to stick with these guys for the next three or so years, so why not give them experience and confidence in the second half. As for Zezula, Brown, Stinson, and the receivers why not leave them in when you are building this offensive line which is IMO the most important part of any team.
    Now Grand Valley is a better team than Wayne, Ferris had just shellacked us , and Tiffin beat us. I'm thinking they just needed to be on a roll as we approach the rest of the schedule which should be competitive( other than maybe Ashland).

18. Default Re: Grand Valley State Lakers vs. Wayne State Warriors

Look, GVSU is a solid program with history, facilities, money, strong backing of alumni, and 12,000 fans every home game. Wsu plays them tough year after year, but honestly we aspire to be them. We are an inner city school with a lot a commuters but our crowds and support grows year in and out. Enough of praising GV; I am tired of reading this board and listening to new era warrior and his father disparage WSU w/o staying the truth. Yes, we are all frustrated and think this program continues to fall below where they should. But to write so much negativity without addressing the injuries and youth is wrong. Every team has injuries but wsu lost preseason all American lineman who is prob one of best players(yes better than theaker and long) at start of year, the first and second team d line has been pretty much eliminated, I believe for the Ferris game there were atleast 7 pre-season starters who did not make the trip. Ferris was #2 in the country the week before and we were without 7/8 starters. Gv is just warming up and we played hard first half but huge mistakes occurred. But to point out they kept starters in???? They were not starters, they were second and third team guys who happened to start. There is no one else unless u start burning redshirts.....on another note, there is a problem with alumni from the past 10 years not giving back to program. Do they attend the golf outing, buy season tickets, purchase W club passes? I guarantee you GV golf outing and other fundraisers r must attend events. Yes, wsu athletic support staff is pretty subpar and a lot is left to the coaches but maybe give a little back warriors.
    New era warrior, you know a lot about this program so maybe instead of criticizing point out a few truths. I do agree winters teams are always undisciplined with their personal fouls. This season is frustrating but keep supporting and go Warriors.

19. Default Re: Grand Valley State Lakers vs. Wayne State Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by TheW View Post
    Look, GVSU is a solid program with history, facilities, money, strong backing of alumni, and 12,000 fans every home game. Wsu plays them tough year after year, but honestly we aspire to be them. We are an inner city school with a lot a commuters but our crowds and support grows year in and out. Enough of praising GV; I am tired of reading this board and listening to new era warrior and his father disparage WSU w/o staying the truth. Yes, we are all frustrated and think this program continues to fall below where they should. But to write so much negativity without addressing the injuries and youth is wrong. Every team has injuries but wsu lost preseason all American lineman who is prob one of best players(yes better than theaker and long) at start of year, the first and second team d line has been pretty much eliminated, I believe for the Ferris game there were atleast 7 pre-season starters who did not make the trip. Ferris was #2 in the country the week before and we were without 7/8 starters. Gv is just warming up and we played hard first half but huge mistakes occurred. But to point out they kept starters in???? They were not starters, they were second and third team guys who happened to start. There is no one else unless u start burning redshirts.....on another note, there is a problem with alumni from the past 10 years not giving back to program. Do they attend the golf outing, buy season tickets, purchase W club passes? I guarantee you GV golf outing and other fundraisers r must attend events. Yes, wsu athletic support staff is pretty subpar and a lot is left to the coaches but maybe give a little back warriors.
    New era warrior, you know a lot about this program so maybe instead of criticizing point out a few truths. I do agree winters teams are always undisciplined with their personal fouls. This season is frustrating but keep supporting and go Warriors.

Sorry. Forgot to point out that new era warrior didn’t bring up the fact that wsu leading all purpose guy that is heart of the team Nicholas is out for the year too. He has missed last two games and is still leading all purpose; 170 yards a game....they are not excuses but before calling them embarrassing/heartless remember a few facts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheW View Post
    Welcome to the D2 Football message board, "TheW". For the most part we on this message board are the few die-hard WSU football fans that have followed this program for many years, I myself played back in 78-79. Since then I have followed and supported this program (both financially and volunteering) through good and bad days. I have travelled to many schools and met many of these posters at games over the years. You have said a lot in your post and I hope to meet you at an upcoming game. I am one of the few posters who uses his real name, so it's not hard to find me...I'm under the tent every game with the Tartar Twelve Club. Hopefully your enthusiasm and tenacity will spur more fans and followers to participate in the dialogue and support of WSU football.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast