Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: New Conference Thoughts

  1. #21

    Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    She seems to be committed to football at the D2 level. I don't think the administration, at any level, is really considering a move, but the students and general fans aren't very happy with what they see resulting from the resources going into football.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    3132

    Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dappling View Post
    I think that the continued western expansion of the GLVC should make Indy look elsewhere. I am not a fan of the GLIAC because of the public/private difference. I am also in favor of an all-sports conference.

    Here is my ideal conference...

    1. Indianapolis
    2. Ashland
    3. Tiffin
    4. Findlay
    5. Ohio Dominican
    6. Hillsdale
    7. Northwood University
    8. ? Kentucky Wesleyan? Lake Erie College?

    Pros:

    Nice footprint, logical rivalries, easy drives, and a definite step up from the GMAC

    Would this league satisfy the angry alums at Ashland?
    Step up from the GMAC? Tiffin will be joining the GMAC later this year. No offense, but your plan blows.

  3. Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    Thonas Moore will be officially out of the PAC this year, there was some talk previously they wanted to go D2, but do not know if that is case now. Also talk of a Kentucky conference forming.

  4. #24

    Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticCoach View Post
    Also talk of a Kentucky conference forming.
    a D2 conference? there are only 3 KY D2s

  5. Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dappling View Post
    I think that the continued western expansion of the GLVC should make Indy look elsewhere. I am not a fan of the GLIAC because of the public/private difference. I am also in favor of an all-sports conference.

    Here is my ideal conference...

    1. Indianapolis
    2. Ashland
    3. Tiffin
    4. Findlay
    5. Ohio Dominican
    6. Hillsdale
    7. Northwood University
    8. ? Kentucky Wesleyan? Lake Erie College?

    Pros:

    Nice footprint, logical rivalries, easy drives, and a definite step up from the GMAC

    Would this league satisfy the angry alums at Ashland?
    I suppose Indy joining with Ashland would soften the hard stance. I think they need to get to 12 football, go north/south divisions so only play each southern schools every other year.
    5 in division, 3 out of division, 3 OOC. That should give them enough points in the region to get maybe 2 teams in the playoffs and a home game depending on the OCC results.

    North- Ashland, Indy, Findlay, Tiffin, Hillsdale, and either Northwood or NDC, (ask Northwood first).
    South- ODU, LEC, KW, AB, Walsh, Malone.

    If it is NDC instead of Northwood, ask ODU, as core of the football, if they want to play in the north.
    Last edited by OhioD2; 07-02-2018 at 06:44 AM.

  6. Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    After reading and agreeing that NDC and AB would be a swap if either team moves, and Northwood in the middle of the GLIAC footprint logistically leaving not making sense, I would be left with these 11 for football:

    Northwest:
    1) Ashland
    2) UIndy
    3) Hillsdale
    4) Findlay
    5) Tiffin
    6) ODU

    Southeast:
    1) NDC
    2) LEC
    3) Walsh
    4) Malone
    5) KyWes

    12 would be perfect:
    Would Central consider travel over HBU status?
    Any likely NAIA: Marion, Sienna Hts, St Francis of FTW?

  7. #27

    Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by OhioD2 View Post
    After reading and agreeing that NDC and AB would be a swap if either team moves, and Northwood in the middle of the GLIAC footprint logistically leaving not making sense, I would be left with these 11 for football:

    Northwest:
    1) Ashland
    2) UIndy
    3) Hillsdale
    4) Findlay
    5) Tiffin
    6) ODU

    Southeast:
    1) NDC
    2) LEC
    3) Walsh
    4) Malone
    5) KyWes

    12 would be perfect:
    Would Central consider travel over HBU status?
    Any likely NAIA: Marion, Sienna Hts, St Francis of FTW?
    That would be great, I think Central is very happy where they are, and I can't think of a 12th but it would be even better.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Central WV
    Posts
    2,353
    Rep Power
    991

    Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    That would be great, I think Central is very happy where they are, and I can't think of a 12th but it would be even better.
    I think you ask Cedarville to start football, then you have 12.

  9. #29

    Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    Crazy idea -

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,873
    Rep Power
    172231

    Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by OhioD2 View Post
    Would Central consider travel over HBU status?
    Any likely NAIA: Marion, Sienna Hts, St Francis of FTW?
    As I recall, one of the reasons Central State left the G-MAC was because they didn't sponsor the required core sports.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

  11. #31

    Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    I go back and forth on whether Ashland EVER leaves the GLIAC. GMAC could still get to 10 with UINDY but I think a couple of things has to happen in the GLVC before they consider the move.

  12. Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    I go back and forth on whether Ashland EVER leaves the GLIAC. GMAC could still get to 10 with UINDY but I think a couple of things has to happen in the GLVC before they consider the move.
    Hot take: Ashland joins in two years, brings UIndy with them, a school from the southwest stops playing football in the GMAC. 10 teams for football.

  13. Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    New prediction for 2020-21 (football)

    1) Ashland
    2) UIndy
    3) Hillsdale
    4) Findlay
    5) Tiffin
    6) ODU
    7) NDC
    8) Walsh

    KyWes independent D2 and plays mostly NAIA schedule
    LEC- Logistics for going D3?

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Power
    10960

    Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dappling View Post
    I think that the continued western expansion of the GLVC should make Indy look elsewhere. I am not a fan of the GLIAC because of the public/private difference. I am also in favor of an all-sports conference.

    Here is my ideal conference...

    1. Indianapolis
    2. Ashland
    3. Tiffin
    4. Findlay
    5. Ohio Dominican
    6. Hillsdale
    7. Northwood University
    8. ? Kentucky Wesleyan? Lake Erie College?

    Pros:

    Nice footprint, logical rivalries, easy drives, and a definite step up from the GMAC

    Would this league satisfy the angry alums at Ashland?
    I don't think you would get Northwood from the GLIAC. Otherwise yes, I think a conference like that would have a nice football print and would appease many Ashland fans considering it would largely be the GLIAC south as its own conference.

  15. Default Re: New Conference Thoughts

    Final 2018 CPU rankings of the predicted conference out of 167 D2 schools

    1) Ashland-22
    2) UIndy-10
    3) Hillsdale-26
    4) Findlay-38
    5) Tiffin-34
    6) ODU-28
    7) NDC-20
    8) Walsh-86

    Should for their own benefit find other schools to play:
    KyWes-130
    LEC-161

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •