Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official GAC pickem week 4

Default Official GAC pickem week 4

Week 4 is here already guys! Last week all the Oklahoma teams travelled to Arkansas, now its time to return the favor as Arkansas teams travel to Oklahoma! Only 1 team will remain winless as 0-3 HU travels to 0-3 Oklahoma Baptist! That game is at NOON, so as usual, please have picks in by NOON on Saturday!!

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD:

NOON: Harding (0-3) @ Oklahoma Baptist (0-3) *Somebody has to win!!! (REDREADY HAS DUBBED THIS THE BATTLE OF THE BUFFALO)
    1:00 #16Arkansas Tech (3-0) @ Southern Nazarene (2-1)
    6:00 Ouachita Baptist (2-1) @ East Central (1-2) (BATTLE OF THE TIGERS) *Cue "eye of the tiger"
    6:00 Southern Arkansas (2-1) @ Northwestern Oklahoma (1-2)
    6:00 Henderson State (1-2) @ Southwestern Oklahoma (1-2)

GAME OF THE WEEK (IN BANDGUY11'S EYES): (This edges out the ATU/SNU game, simply bc its SNU!)

2:00 ARKANSAS MONTICELLO (2-1) @ (RV)SOUTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA (3-0)
    Last edited by bandguy11; 09-18-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Default Re: Official GAC pickem week 4

Let me get my thread started: Let me say there really is no rhyme or reason anymore, picking the GAC this year is just close your eyes, throw the dart and hope for the best!!!

Harding by 8 (I don't really know what to expect from Harding anymore! Who loses to SNU after all!! I give Harding the edge, but if they lose this one, i don't know if I can pick them anymore this season!!)
    #16Arkansas Tech by 21 (Should be more, and this game should bring SNU down to Earth quickly after their high of the "upset" of Harding last week! No upset this week, as the Wonderboys take care of business!!)
    Ouachita Baptist by 17 (Again, should be more judging by what I've seen from the tigers (of ECU that is)! However, how do the Arkansas Tigers respond to their first L of the season last week!)
    Southern Arkansas by 10 (I'm really worried about this one! Its the longest bus ride of the season for the Riders! Hope theres no bus lag on the way! If they come out slow that could definitely hurt! We saw the slow start last week w/2 interceptions on the first couple of drives! I am always a homer, especially since we were the preseason favorites to win (but we see how thats worked out for HSU/HU) Improve this week and stay at the top!! Racous Ranger, note the score, I'm giving you guys some respect, as I'm not doing a blowout score!! Definitely could go the home teams way!!)
    Henderson State by 7 (This is just a coin flip, I have no clue what happened to the Reddie offense! After looking at last weeks Dawg performance, I just can't go with them, although HSUs performance wasnt any better! Going with the Natural state on this one!!)

GAME OF THE WEEK:
    Southeastern Oklahoma by 7 (Nothing against the weevils, after their dominating performance on the Tigers, but this is mainly a Home field advantage for me! Also, it may be that I'm just waiting for another battle of the undefeateds, if Tech and SE remain that way! Could decide the GAC this year!! We shall see!! Who knows with this crazy GACtion this year!!)

Harding by 3
    #16Arkansas Tech by 16
    Ouachita Baptist by 14
    Southern Arkansas by 7
    Henderson State by 3

GAME OF THE WEEK:
    SOUTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA by 9  

Harding by 8
    Tech by 20
    OBU by 13
    SAU by 10
    HSU by 6
    SEOSU by 14

Okla Bapt by 6 over the "THE NEW SNU"
    Tech 19
    Ouachita 10
    NWOST 3
    Henderson 7
    UAM 3 UPSET ALERT

HU by 13 in "Battle of the Buffalo" (HU really needs a breakout game, and I think this is the week.)
    ATU by 17 (I truly believe SNU has improved slightly, but they're not winning this game.)
    ECU by 1 in the Battle of the Tigers (This is probably going to hurt my pick em standings, but I will be able to sleep at night knowing I stuck with my Alma Mater. East Central SHOULD have their starting QB back in the lineup, and maybe, just maybe the defense has the breakout game they need. Also, this game is being played at Koi Ishto (Big Cat) Stadium, so I'm hoping ECU pulls this one out, maybe? hopefully? please?)
    NWOSU by 3 (I'm picking the upset here, sorry bandguy. I think the rangers bring momentum into this game and get another great win.)
    HSU by 4 (Just can't see this team losing two in a row)
    UAM by 7 (Because southeastern)
    Last edited by TigerGuy; 09-19-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Okla Bapt by 6 over the "THE NEW SNU"
    This is just silly, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerGuy View Post
    This is just silly, by the way.
    Ok cubguy. I will call Harding the new ECU!!! Ouachita by 20 now!!!!

9. Default Re: Official GAC pickem week 4

First of all congratulations to Ranger QB Isaiah Weed for GAC Offensive Player of the Week!! A well deserved honor.

SAU by 9....SAU's Offense is averaging 100 yards less than last year and that's a question mark. If they can get it going they would be hard to beat the rest of the year. I'm not ruling out a Ranger win but for that to happen the defense has to really pick it up and the Offense must continue to rack up points. Zero sacks on the year doesn't cut it especially going up against Barrett Renner who could have a big day.
    The Buffalo's by 8....Flipped a coin and it landed Buffalo side up. Changed the coin from a Nickel to a Quarter and it comes up Harding so they are my pick, could go the other way if Harding's demise is for real.
    Ark. Tech by 17
    Ouachita by 18
    Henderson by 9..........No confidence here at all (sorry Red) but won't pick our archrival in this one. We want to hold the bragging rights facing Henderson this year.Hope we pissed off Henderson enough to really take it to these guys.
    Southeastern by 5..........Toughest pick of the day for me. I'd like to see Weevil dancing in the streets of Monticello so I'm pulling for them. Imagine the what if's if Monticello continues to win. Monticello the most improved team this year, SNU not far behind.

Harding by 14
    Arkansas Tech by 27
    Ouachita by 9
    Southern Arkansas by 14
    Henderson State by 1
    Southeastern Oklahoma by 17

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Ok cubguy. I will call Harding the new ECU!!! Ouachita by 20 now!!!!
    Ouch.

HU by 14
    ATU by 22
    OUA by 39
    SAU by 21
    HSU by 3
    SOSU by 20

Quote Originally Posted by Racous Ranger View Post
    First of all congratulations to Ranger QB Isaiah Weed for GAC Offensive Player of the Week!! A well deserved honor.

SAU by 9....SAU's Offense is averaging 100 yards less than last year and that's a question mark. If they can get it going they would be hard to beat the rest of the year. I'm not ruling out a Ranger win but for that to happen the defense has to really pick it up and the Offense must continue to rack up points. Zero sacks on the year doesn't cut it especially going up against Barrett Renner who could have a big day.
    The Buffalo's by 8....Flipped a coin and it landed Buffalo side up. Changed the coin from a Nickel to a Quarter and it comes up Harding so they are my pick, could go the other way if Harding's demise is for real.
    Ark. Tech by 17
    Ouachita by 18
    Henderson by 9..........No confidence here at all (sorry Red) but won't pick our archrival in this one. We want to hold the bragging rights facing Henderson this year.Hope we pissed off Henderson enough to really take it to these guys.
    Southeastern by 5..........Toughest pick of the day for me. I'd like to see Weevil dancing in the streets of Monticello so I'm pulling for them. Imagine the what if's if Monticello continues to win. Monticello the most improved team this year, SNU not far behind.
    No need to say you're sorry. Right now it's hard for Reddie fans to have confidence.

Harding 12 I do predict no roller skating
    #16Arkansas Tech 22
    Ouachita Baptist 30
    Southern Arkansas 8
    Southwestern Oklahoma 1
    SE Ok St 18

Harding by 10
    Tech by 28
    OBU by 17
    SAU by 14
    HSU by 3
    SEOSU by 17

Harding (0-3) @ Oklahoma Baptist (0-3) Harding finds a way to get back in the W column. Wow, did I just say that? HU by 17
    #16Arkansas Tech (3-0) @ Southern Nazarene (2-1) SNU gets exposed. Tech by 28
    Ouachita Baptist (2-1) @ East Central (1-2) Ouachita Baptist is a good squad. ECU...not so much right now. OBU by 21
    Southern Arkansas (2-1) @ Northwestern Oklahoma (1-2) Alva is a TOUGH place to play. Gonna go with the upset. Rangers by a field goal.
    Henderson State (1-2) @ Southwestern Oklahoma (1-2) Weatherford also a tough road trip, but I will go with HSU by 10.
    ARKANSAS MONTICELLO (2-1) @ (RV)SOUTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA (3-0) Home has been good to SE. Storm by 7

17. Default Re: Official GAC pickem week 4

Harding by 10
    ATU by 17
    OBU by 24
    SAU by 10
    HSU by 3
    UAM by 13

Harding by 13
    ATU by 10
    OUA by 6
    SAU by 17
    HSU by 7
    SOSU by 6

HU by 14
    Tech by 20
    OBU by 20
    SAU by 9
    HSU by 7
    SEOSU by 14

1:00 #16Arkansas Tech (3-0) @ Southern Nazarene (2-1) - ATU by 22
    6:00 Ouachita Baptist (2-1) @ East Central (1-2) (BATTLE OF THE TIGERS) *Cue "eye of the tiger" - OUA by17
    6:00 Southern Arkansas (2-1) @ Northwestern Oklahoma (1-2) - SAU by 25
    6:00 Henderson State (1-2) @ Southwestern Oklahoma (1-2) - HSU by 9

GAME OF THE WEEK (IN BANDGUY11'S EYES): (This edges out the ATU/SNU game, simply bc its SNU!)

2:00 ARKANSAS MONTICELLO (2-1) @ (RV)SOUTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA (3-0) - SEOSU by 11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast