Thread: Week 3 finals!!!

Default Week 3 finals!!!

Wow!! That's all I have to say!!! Wow!! In another wild week of gac action, both arkadelphia teams took a loss!! Southern Nazarene drops Harding who is now 0-3!! 2 undefeated teams go into week 4!!

Arkansas tech 58 - Oklahoma baptist 21!! (As expected tech dominated ok baptist)

Southeastern Oklahoma 41 - ouachita baptist 35!! (Se goes back to Oklahoma with 3-0 record!! Just when it looked like se put it away, obu storms back to within 6, but fall)

SAU 38 - swosu 14 (swosu intercepted renner at least 3 times to my knowledge but it wasn't enough as SAU took care of business)

Nwosu 36 - hsu 30 (classic back and forth who wanted it more!! Nwosu converted a huge 4th down with 2 minutes down to red zone! They wanted it more!!)

Snu 28 - Harding 27 (what can I say! Harding is 0-3 and snu 2-1!! Snu needed an onside kick in under a minute and a touchdown and got it!! Congrats!!)

Uam 49 - east central 7 (oh east central!! It's bad when you rank lower than snu!! Another season like last year perhaps?? Don't shoot the messenger!! Lol)

Default Re: Week 3 finals!!!

There's is not much to say about ECU. If the seat was hot last year, it's on a whole new level if they have a repeat one win year with a new university president in town. Not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerGuy View Post
    There's is not much to say about ECU. If the seat was hot last year, it's on a whole new level if they have a repeat one win year with a new university president in town. Not looking good.
    Hard to understand the issues in ADA. HSU is having some issues that can be overcome with a couple changes IMO. Hope that happens. Weird year in the GAC

Never seen anything on this wise!

Quote Originally Posted by sozo View Post
    Never seen anything on this wise!
    I will admit this. Even though I walked away for HSU stadium disappointed, I drove across the street to see the scoreboard. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I t made my day. Maybe it's wrong, but it always feels good when I see QUACHITA LOSE! Just having fun
    Last edited by Redready; 09-17-2017 at 09:39 AM.

NWOSU,SNU and UAM all winning on the same day. smh

Stunned is the word I thought of.

Two teams with a combined 15 wins in 4 seasons get big wins. I started doing more scoreboard watching midway through the 3rd of ATU-OKBU and tuned in to HSU in time for the Reddies field goal then switched to HU just after the final SNU touchdown. Both of those games fall into the "if I didn't see it I wouldn't believe it" category. The next 8 weeks will be a fun ride.

Arkansas Tech 3-0
    Southeastern Oklahoma State 3-0
    Arkansas-Monticello 2-1
    Ouachita Baptist 2-1
    Southern Arkansas 2-1
    Southern Nazarene 2-1
    East Central 1-2
    Henderson State 1-2
    Northwestern Oklahoma State 1-2
    Southwestern Oklahoma State 1-2
    Harding 0-3
    Oklahoma Baptist 0-3

Arkansas Tech and Wingate are the only D2 schools undefeated in both football and women's volleyball.

It's safe to say that everything we thought we knew about this conference has been completely turned on its head this season... and we are only three weeks in.

If you watched HSU play Tech last week, yesterday's result against NWOSU, while still very disappointing for a program like Henderson's, isn't what I would call a total shock. The Reddies have struggled mightily on offense this year and yesterday the defense wasn't able to stop NWOSU enough to counter that. Hats off to the Rangers, they played very well and have a good team which could easily be 3-0 instead of 1-2.

The one that truly shocked me, and probably everyone else, was Harding losing to SNU. That might be the biggest upset in the history of the GAC to this point IMO. Sure, HU was 0-2, but they played HSU and SAU. For SNU to find a way to win that game on the road, lucky or not, is pretty remarkable. Kudos to those kids and that program, it'll be interesting to see if they can maintain this success. I also feel for HU HC Paul Simmons. It's not easy to follow a legend, so getting off to an 0-3 start in your first year has got to be tough for him and the Bison, especially after going 13-1 last season.

The Tech and SEOSU game may very well determine who wins the league this year. Both of those teams look really sharp.

There's a lot of parity this year, which honestly probably isn't good for getting a team in the regional at the end of the year, but will at least make for an entertaining season.

There's a guarantee next week!! Only 1 team will remain winless in the gac!! Harding travels to Shawnee in the battle of the bison!! Who wants it more as both teams are 0-3!!

Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    There's a guarantee next week!! Only 1 team will remain winless in the gac!! Harding travels to Shawnee in the battle of the bison!! Who wants it more as both teams are 0-3!!
    I will go to that game. "Battle of the Buffalo". I believe Harding takes the 1st win of the season home with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    I will go to that game. "Battle of the Buffalo". I believe Harding takes the 1st win of the season home with them.
    I thought that was a lock this week red!! ;)

What a dominant defensive game by the Weevils. Wait......... did I just say Weevils and defense in the same sentence?

Way to go Weevils.

The Weevils looked great. Some good talent on that team. The Tigers are absolutely lost on defense, and we didn't have our starter at QB. That's a recipe for a blowout.

14. Default Re: Week 3 finals!!!

SNU stole the thunder from my Rangers win making our win against Henderson just another win and not some kind of program changer. As I predicted if our Offense showed up we had a shot. Luckily they decided to do so for half the game. I'm still in shock at the play that sealed the game for us. For a seasoned QB to make a bone headed play like that, just tossing the ball almost straight up in the air in panic on first down to nobody but Rangers was unreal. Put in perspective Henderson's only win so far is against Harding who are 0-3 and lost to said SNU team. What a difference 1 year has been to both Henderson and Harding. They have both regressed dramatically. Off this win it is difficult to say how much improvement we have made. We could be 0-3 just as easily as 1-2 so being a realist I still believe nothing short of a 7-4 or 6-5 season in this crazy year especially in a league that appears much weaker overall at the top would mean much. A losing record would be totally disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Racous Ranger View Post
    SNU stole the thunder from my Rangers win making our win against Henderson just another win and not some kind of program changer. As I predicted if our Offense showed up we had a shot. Luckily they decided to do so for half the game. I'm still in shock at the play that sealed the game for us. For a seasoned QB to make a bone headed play like that, just tossing the ball almost straight up in the air in panic on first down to nobody but Rangers was unreal. Put in perspective Henderson's only win so far is against Harding who are 0-3 and lost to said SNU team. What a difference 1 year has been to both Henderson and Harding. They have both regressed dramatically. Off this win it is difficult to say how much improvement we have made. We could be 0-3 just as easily as 1-2 so being a realist I still believe nothing short of a 7-4 or 6-5 season in this crazy year especially in a league that appears much weaker overall at the top would mean much. A losing record would be totally disappointing.
    In defense of Black, the HSU QB, up until that moment he played pretty darn well (150 passing, 150 rushing, 3 TDs on the ground). Certainly not a good time for him to make his first big mistake of the night, but it looked to me like he was trying to throw it out of bounds and just didn't get enough on it because he was getting hit as he threw. I think HSU has certainly regressed offensively compared to last year - losing two former DI WRs and JaQuan Cole at RB will do that to you - but the offense actually looked alright against NWOSU, it was the defense that struggled more, which was a bit of a surprise. The Rangers had incredible success on 3rd and 4th down which obviously ended up burning the Reddies, especially late.

HSU could easily be 0-3 right now, you're right, so we will just have to see if the team can respond moving forward and salvage the season. I believe NWOSU will finish with a record over .500 this year, though. Weed is a very solid QB, if he plays the rest of the year like he did on Saturday night against HSU, the Rangers will have a solid year.

Quote Originally Posted by ReddieMade View Post
    In defense of Black, the HSU QB, up until that moment he played pretty darn well (150 passing, 150 rushing, 3 TDs on the ground). Certainly not a good time for him to make his first big mistake of the night, but it looked to me like he was trying to throw it out of bounds and just didn't get enough on it because he was getting hit as he threw. I think HSU has certainly regressed offensively compared to last year - losing two former DI WRs and JaQuan Cole at RB will do that to you - but the offense actually looked alright against NWOSU, it was the defense that struggled more, which was a bit of a surprise. The Rangers had incredible success on 3rd and 4th down which obviously ended up burning the Reddies, especially late.

HSU could easily be 0-3 right now, you're right, so we will just have to see if the team can respond moving forward and salvage the season. I believe NWOSU will finish with a record over .500 this year, though. Weed is a very solid QB, if he plays the rest of the year like he did on Saturday night against HSU, the Rangers will have a solid year.
    I can agree with you on this one!! You had them at home, I'm worried this week as SAU has to make the longest road trip of the season to take on the Rangers at home!! I'm naturally like all of us going to be a homer for my alma mater!! But i'm definitely not putting it by the Rangers to pull the upset!! I'm definitely probably going with a score of SAU by 3!! Not a blowout by any means, and Rangers may pull it off!!

17. Default Re: Week 3 finals!!!

I think it is safe to say the Rangers have found a replacement for Reid Miller in Isaiah Weed. According to the Henderson announcers that was NWOSU's first win against Henderson state since 2002. Great job by this coaching staff and you can really feel the tide turning in Alva with winning against a premier GAC program even if they are down this year. I don't know what it will take for Racous to be positive about a Ranger win. Hard for me to believe a program like Henderson regressed so much that the score flipped from 62-23 last season to 36-30 final this year. The Rangers could very well be 0-3 but just as easily could be 3-0 going into this Southern Arkansas game. NWOSU may not have the tools this year to upset Southern Arkansas but with an improved defense and an offense that seems to be finding its groove with Weed at quarterback you just never know what will happen on a saturday in this league. Should be a very exciting finish to the season down the stretch and we should learn more each week this year. Whatever happens I am certainly feeling positive about the rest of the season after this weekend.

18. Default Re: Week 3 finals!!!

Hard for me to believe a program like Henderson regressed so much that the score flipped from 62-23 last season to 36-30 final this year.

Harding 63 and SNU 7 in 2016. This year SNU beats them and they are 0-3. Easy Central from 2015-2016. It's not hard at all to see the regression in those teams along with Henderson. It's a win against a team we haven't beaten in years but I'd much rather have seen it come 2 years ago when we should have beaten them and they were on top than this year when they just aren't nearly as good as in the past. I understand as a Coach you need to be overly optimistic and overplay the positives. As a fan I can be more realistic and see things in a different light. As for possibly being 3-0 I don't buy it. Monticello beat us fair and square leading easily the entire game. The final was close but we never threatened to win the game. The game is 4 quarters not 4 quarters and give us another possession or 2. Give them the credit they deserve.

I think the Conference as a whole is down this year. There are no 3 or 4 teams that dominate like usual. It's far more balanced and that makes it hard to measure how much if any improvement a team has made. I do like the job Weed is doing as QB> To think that just 2 years ago he was the #3 QB at a Minot St. team that was 0-11 or 1-10 is unreal.