Thread: CWU Starting PG Naim Ladd to Transfer?

Default CWU Starting PG Naim Ladd to Transfer?

Some very, very, very shocking news developing on the Twitter of CWU starting PG Naim Ladd.
    https://twitter.com/Ladd_SA/status/907734459906011137
    https://twitter.com/Ladd_SA/status/908195949779890176
    And then he removed the CWU under the caption area under his profile pic. I know I am jumping to conclusions, but it is looking obvious.

Ladd prepped at WA powerhouse Rainier Beach and was a very undersized, but prized recruit at CWU. He redshirted a year, then was CWU's 6th man in 2015-16 with 10 ppg. Last season, he increased that to 13.5 ppg in a starting role, being a great 3-point shooter and being able to weave his way into the paint and make so many plays happen. So why he is leaving the CWU program is quite a mystery. Was there a conflict with him and the coaches? This reminds me of when Jordan Russell left the program a couple seasons back.

Or does CWU expect to immediately play new incoming freshman PG of greater height and potential Khalil Shabazz (also from Rainier Beach), the prized recruit of this year's class?

This is a pretty big loss to the CWU backcourt. But still, CWU returns Jawan Stepney (12.9 ppg) and gains Shabazz in place of Ladd.

2. Default Re: CWU Starting PG Naim Ladd to Transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    Some very, very, very shocking news developing on the Twitter of CWU starting PG Naim Ladd.
    https://twitter.com/Ladd_SA/status/907734459906011137
    https://twitter.com/Ladd_SA/status/908195949779890176
    And then he removed the CWU under the caption area under his profile pic. I know I am jumping to conclusions, but it is looking obvious.

Ladd prepped at WA powerhouse Rainier Beach and was a very undersized, but prized recruit at CWU. He redshirted a year, then was CWU's 6th man in 2015-16 with 10 ppg. Last season, he increased that to 13.5 ppg in a starting role, being a great 3-point shooter and being able to weave his way into the paint and make so many plays happen. So why he is leaving the CWU program is quite a mystery. Was there a conflict with him and the coaches? This reminds me of when Jordan Russell left the program a couple seasons back.

Or does CWU expect to immediately play new incoming freshman PG of greater height and potential Khalil Shabazz (also from Rainier Beach), the prized recruit of this year's class?

This is a pretty big loss to the CWU backcourt. But still, CWU returns Jawan Stepney (12.9 ppg) and gains Shabazz in place of Ladd.

Naim informed us he is not transferring and is still at CWU.

3. Default Re: CWU Starting PG Naim Ladd to Transfer?

He just tweeted it too. I couldn't think of why he would transfer being the starting PG and having lots of success as a Wildcat with 2 fellow Rainier Beach alumni on the team with him. hmmm

Well, CWU is building a good team and I hope they are back to being D2 playoff contenders over the next couple of seasons.

Default Re: CWU Starting PG Naim Ladd to Transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    He just tweeted it too. I couldn't think of why he would transfer being the starting PG and having lots of success as a Wildcat with 2 fellow Rainier Beach alumni on the team with him. hmmm

Well, CWU is building a good team and I hope they are back to being D2 playoff contenders over the next couple of seasons.
    I read the first two tweets about change and all that and he never mentioned CWU or basketball once. It was probably something else.

5. Default Re: CWU Starting PG Naim Ladd to Transfer?

Yeah but his Twitter profile short bio thing under his picture said "CWU #2" and then he removed it after making those Tweets, therefore making is come across like he was leaving the program. But I wasn't sure, so I didn't post anything on my Facebook page, just on here until I could get a confirmation. Good to know he is staying.