Thread: Saginaw Valley Cardinals at Wayne State Warriors

Contribute to D2

Default Saginaw Valley Cardinals at Wayne State Warriors

WSU has a lot to prove and quite frankly, their whole season riding on this game. A loss to SVSU pretty much nixes any long term playoff hopes, as they still have Ferris and GVSU on the schedule. Warriors let a big one get away last Saturday on a perfect evening in Detroit... Can't believe they'll let another one off the hook. Picking a Warrior win in a redemption game they sorely need.

Default Re: Saginaw Valley Cardinals at Wayne State Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by MDRussell View Post
    WSU has a lot to prove and quite frankly, their whole season riding on this game. A loss to SVSU pretty much nixes any long term playoff hopes, as they still have Ferris and GVSU on the schedule. Warriors let a big one get away last Saturday on a perfect evening in Detroit... Can't believe they'll let another one off the hook. Picking a Warrior win in a redemption game they sorely need.
    lf I may quote the famous Lee Corso, not so fast my friend....looking to be a good game. This Saggy team is the one we waited for over the last few years. Very tough up front on both sides of the ball and we will have all of our starters back from last week's lil hiccup...I think this is the GLIAC game of the week and if our offense keeps producing, we should be able to hang tough....I need one more night of good sleep before I make my pics so until then, stay thirsty my friend!

Can not make the game so WSU should win. Offensive line was my main concern and they improved greatly from week one to two. Other than Ferris, should win out the regular season.

WHAT, looks like the cards are hanging...

The Warriors put on a very good showing, but still have some improvements to make. A couple of key plays against Indianapolis, and WSU would be 3-0 and would have earned a national ranking. This appears to be a pretty good Warrior squad, and where they go from here will be most interesting to see. Coach Winters has improved his play calling and I think ready to take this team to the next level....

I don't know how this team is blocking so well. No starters are playing from last years team. We know they had some excellent skill position players and they seem to be getting it done offensively. Defensively we are overcoming the injuries. All games in the Gliac are tough except possibly Davenport but if the Warriors can be healthy for Ferris, Grand Valley, and Ashland, we will be in the mix. Coach Wooster must be doing something real good with the OL as they are so young, one true freshman starting, and only one senior in the two deep.

Quote Originally Posted by MDRussell View Post
    The Warriors put on a very good showing, but still have some improvements to make. A couple of key plays against Indianapolis, and WSU would be 3-0 and would have earned a national ranking. This appears to be a pretty good Warrior squad, and where they go from here will be most interesting to see. Coach Winters has improved his play calling and I think ready to take this team to the next level....
    Good game for the Warriors. I thought they looked awfully good and very well coached....makes me envious...we have the talent but....I've typed the rest of it out 10 times and erased it each time...so I'll just keep it at that. Score could have been worse as we were beaten twice and receivers just a bit overthrown by Zezula...Sandman, you might be right, WSU will only get better and may not lose another game. Hat's off boys!

Saggydad. Seriously thought you could have won the game before it started. Know Cards have improved. the winning out thing was just trying to get an Ashland fan or GV fan to respond first and tag them. Guess they either did not read it or have some reservations this year. I do not think anybody is going to win out the rest of the season. Good luck to you and the Cards the rest of the season.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Saggydad. Seriously thought you could have won the game before it started. Know Cards have improved. the winning out thing was just trying to get an Ashland fan or GV fan to respond first and tag them. Guess they either did not read it or have some reservations this year. I do not think anybody is going to win out the rest of the season. Good luck to you and the Cards the rest of the season.
    Nah, we know the gig.