Thread: NWOSU vs Henderson

Default NWOSU vs Henderson

Taking away nothing from those Weevils last weeks loss was hard to stomach, even Kevin Turco didn't lose to Monticello. This year it appears we will face what might be the weakest team Henderson has fielded since the pre- Kenny Rodgers years. If we can muster some kind of Offense we may have a shot. Last years debacle against Henderson showed what can happen when you put all your recruiting marbles into the Offense for years and they fail to show up. 10 possessions and less than 90 yards in the first half coupled with a QB fumble that was returned for a TD and another fumble/turnover in our territory was only the beginning of a horrible offensive game that snowballed into an avalanche on the entire team. I am still puzzled why Coach Walters left the first string offense in the entire game after Henderson had put it away and was liberally substituting on Defense in the 3rd Quarter. Ego and the desire for some kind of Offensive Stats perhaps? The total inability of the Offense to move or even hold onto the ball for 3 1/2 quarters until Henderson had emptied their bench left an undermanned Defense with no depth reeling. Two years ago in 2015 the Defense led by Junior All-Conference DL Jacoby Beasley played outstanding, scoring a TD off an INT, slowing down the Henderson Offense, and more than well enough for us to win. We sure could have used a Senior year from Beasley last year, it left us with and nicked up Joby St. Fleur and little else for a line all year. In 2015 the Offense once again failed to show up, 5 interceptions (one returned for a TD) in a 25-17 loss. Is this the year the Offense finally shows up against a Henderson team that appears vulnerable to us for the first time in years? Your thoughts Red?
    Last edited by Racous Ranger; 09-11-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Default Re: NWOSU vs Henderson

I'm not red, but to me, it depends on which Reddie team shows up! I mean a big win in week 1 against HU, then an "upset" at home against Tech. Does HSU come out guns a blazing, upset from last weeks loss, or do they look at it and are still reeling from it? Limit turnovers and get any sort of offense going, and it may be a good game.. not, and the Rangers may come away with a W! I can honestly say, i'd like the Rangers to win, to keep this craziness of a season going! Hell, I'd even like the Bison of OKB to beat the wonderboys, but thats not going to happen! lol..

Here are my thoughts on the game. But 1st, I have been traveling since last Friday. I spent a week with the Floridians on the run from Irma. We all stayed at an RV park in Navarre Fl. Great folks from all parts of the state. The Park fed us (FREE) on Sunday night "Hurricane Party", again great people, in preparation for the Monday that Irma's reach would have an effect on us "Potentially". We only had rain and wind gusts. No big deal.

Now. I left Florida Thursday to visit NASA space and rocket center in Huntsville Al. Worth it if you like those kind of things. I met an 88 year old engineer working for NASA that has been around the space program for quite some time. I loved it. Now I'm in Nashville Tn area and headed to Arkadelphia for tomorrows game.

The Reddies have issues with ball control and have had an issue for some time. The QB's are struggling to make good decisions at times and the result in TO's and the eventual losses from their performance is poison. Not saying they would have won the games they lost (in 2016 and 2017), but the TO's did nothing to help them. 4 INT's against Tech will tell most teams from film how that happens. I hope the Reddies will learn from these mistakes and right the ship. The HC for the Reddies is a winner and that will be a problem for NWOSU. The defense for the Reddies will be good. I think NWOSU has enough film to understand the weaknesses and have a good game plan. I think the reason that HSU beat HU was experience on the filed. Nothing more. Will this be the same for NWOSU? The Reddie defense will cause havoc on the QB for NWOSU and turn the game in HSU's favor. This game could be a lot closer than most believe and the losses for HSU happen in Arkadelphia. I will go to the game with my bag of chicken bones and tarot cards to lay a spell on the Rangers. Hope all is well with the GAC posters and look forward to another year of "Who Konws"? Ok it won't be SNU, UAM and OKBU to win the GAC. For that matter it won't be HSU. I will put the best spell I have on Ouachita to NOT win the GAC.

In the RV with a glass of wine and watching my girlfriend BURN marshmallows outside in a fire pit. GEEEEZ!!!! OK...... I love it!!!
    Last edited by Redready; 09-15-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Seems like neither team wants to score today!!

Nwosu leads 7-6!! Failed pat may hurt hsu

Never mind!! Didn't last long!! 13-7 hsu

Hsu interception b4 half !! 13-7

14-13 nwosu!!

28-27 nwosu!!

Hsu field goal! 30-28 hsu

Nwosu with a huge run on 4th down!! At the 1 with 1:35 remaining!!

That should be a game winning interception there for nwosu!! Looked weird almost like hands to face or something!?!

Down goes hsu!! 36-30!!

Congratulations to the Rangers. I think they have a QB that will continue to grow in confidence. Reddies lost a hard fought game.

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    Congratulations to the Rangers. I think they have a QB that will continue to grow in confidence. Reddies lost a hard fought game.
    Who would've thought!! Harding the defending champion 0-3, hsu 1-2, tech & se 3-0

It wasn't predictable by me.