Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official GAC pickem week 3

Default Official GAC pickem week 3

Alrighty!! Week 3 already!! Game of the week definitely SOSU @ OBU!! Somebody leaves (or stays) in Arkadelphia, undefeated for the season!! All games are scheduled for a 6:00PM Kick again this week!! Please have picks in by NOON Saturday!!

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2017:

6:00PM Oklahoma Baptist (0-2) @ #19Arkansas Tech (2-0)
    6:00PM Northwestern Oklahoma (0-2) @ (RV)Henderson State (1-1)
    6:00PM Southern Nazarene (1-1) @ Harding (0-2) *Note, yes you read right, SNU 1-1 vs. HU 0-2
    6:00PM Southwestern Oklahoma (1-1) @ Southern Arkansas (1-1)
    6:00PM East Central (1-1) @ Arkansas Monticello (1-1)

GAME OF THE WEEK:

6:00PM Southeastern Oklahoma (2-0) @ Ouachita Baptist (2-0) Battle of the undefeateds!! Whos record stays undefeated??!!!

2. Default Re: Official GAC pickem week 3

ATU by 17
    HSU by 9
    HU by 13
    SAU by 7
    UAM by 17
    OBU by 6

Default Re: Official GAC pickem week 3

Arkansas Tech by 21 (Shouldn't be much of a challenge after seeing what Arkansas Tech has done the first 2 weeks w/2 upsets of top 25 teams in SAU (ouch) & HSU)
    Henderson State by 10 (Henderson should bounce back, hopefully after only mustering up 3 points against Tech last week)
    Harding by 28 (Harding should be able to get its first win of the 2017 season, if not, then the train continues to go off the rails in Searcy!)
    SAU by 14 (SAU is the home team, and we saw how SAU plays at home last week; needs to continue to focus if their hopes of bringing a championship to Magnolia is to continue!)
    UAM by 7 (This one hurts, as a Rider, you never cheer for the rival Weevils! However, i have no confidence in East Central after last weeks loss to SNU! Weevils are the home team, so i take them in this one!)
    OBU by 3 (I think this one could go either way! However, as an Arkansan, this may be strictly based on biasedness! I want the title to stay in Arkansas! Plus i always go with the home team on close ones!)
    Last edited by bandguy11; 09-12-2017 at 08:49 AM.

ATU by 18
    HSU by 8
    HU by 14
    SAU by 7
    UAM by 10
    OBU by 6

ATU by 24
    HSU by 21
    HU by 20
    SAU by 13
    UAM by 6
    OBU by 10

Arkansas Tech 23
    Henderson State 8
    Harding 22
    Southern Arkansas 5
    Arkansas Monticello 14
    OBU Tigers 5

Arkansas Tech by 24
    Henderson State by 20
    Harding by 17
    Southern Arkansas by 10
    Arkansas Monticello by 9
    Ouachita Baptist by 12

Tech by 17
    NWOST 3 UPSET ALERT
    Harding 21
    SAU 17
    UAM 17
    Ouachita 9

ATU by 17
    HSU by 10
    Harding by 21
    SAU by 8
    ECU by 3 (How can anyone pick this team to win after what happened last week? I saw what ECU can do on the road to a similar opponent, and I think they can do that again if our QB is healthy. If he is out, and our defense puts up another performance like it did last week, then this might get ugly. Still holding onto some faith in my Alma Mater.)

SEOSU by 4 (Always tough to say anything positive about SE, but they are playing pretty good football at the moment, and OUA does seem a bit down.)

Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    UAM by 7 (This one hurts, as a Rider, you never cheer for the rival Weevils! However, i have no confidence in East Central after last weeks loss to SNU, their 2nd consecutive loss to them! Weevils are the home team, so i take them in this one!)
    I've been meaning to bring this up, but this is our first loss to Southern Naz since the GAC was formed. It's bad enough that we lost to them, but we didn't lose to them twice! Ha.

Arkansas Tech by 21
    Henderson State by 30
    Harding by 42
    SWOSU by 3
    Arkansas Monticello by 9
    Ouachita Baptist by 11

Quote Originally Posted by TigerGuy View Post
    I've been meaning to bring this up, but this is our first loss to Southern Naz since the GAC was formed. It's bad enough that we lost to them, but we didn't lose to them twice! Ha.
    Sorry TigerGuy, didn't mean to poke at the Tigers! I was misinformed! Thanks, got it corrected! They were thinking of the NWOSU game! I really hope you guys beat them, but which team shows up!!

Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    Sorry TigerGuy, didn't mean to poke at the Tigers! I was misinformed! Thanks, got it corrected! They were thinking of the NWOSU game! I really hope you guys beat them, but which team shows up!!
    This... This is the pain of a Tiger fan... Which team will show up. I hope the week 1 team!

Arkansas Tech by 20
    Henderson State by 14
    Harding by 19
    Southern Arkansas by 9
    Arkansas Monticello by 8
    Ouachita by 7

15. Default Re: Official GAC pickem week 3

Arkansas Tech by 29
    Henderson by 11...........will the Ranger Offense show up for the first time in years against Henderson? Henderson ranks at the very bottom in the Conference for offensive production so the Ranger Defense gets a huge break against a much less productive Henderson Offense than in the past. I think playing at Henderson and them coming off a loss may be too much but this would be the year to beat a weaker Henderson team than we've seen in years. I'd gladly be wrong on this pick.
    Harding by 39..........SNU gets a pissed off 0-2 Harding team.
    Southern Arkansas by 17
    Arkansas Monticello by 13..........Should be 2-0.
    Ouachita by 5......Ouachita is down this year and this could go either way but I'm taking the home team and Southeasterns struggle against Okie Baptist last week gives one pause.
    Last edited by Racous Ranger; 09-12-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Would someone please explain to me how Ouachita could be down this year when we return pretty much the whole offense and the defense is starting to look legit. I will wait.

6:00PM Oklahoma Baptist (0-2) @ #19Arkansas Tech (2-0) - ATU by 33
    6:00PM Northwestern Oklahoma (0-2) @ (RV)Henderson State (1-1) - HSU by 30
    6:00PM Southern Nazarene (1-1) @ Harding (0-2) *Note, yes you read right, SNU 1-1 vs. HU 0-2 - HU by 23
    6:00PM Southwestern Oklahoma (1-1) @ Southern Arkansas (1-1) - SAU by 11
    6:00PM East Central (1-1) @ Arkansas Monticello (1-1) - AMU by 13

GAME OF THE WEEK:

6:00PM Southeastern Oklahoma (2-0) @ Ouachita Baptist (2-0) - OUA by 25

ATU by 39
    HSU by 17
    HSU by 42
    SAU by 20
    UAM by 4
    OUA by 6

This is interesting. Last week only one person picked Tech, this week everyone is picking Tech by up to 39 points. Just a reminder though; Oklahoma Baptist surprised Tech last year. Yes, that was last year and this is this year but that's what makes this conference good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Boys View Post
    This is interesting. Last week only one person picked Tech, this week everyone is picking Tech by up to 39 points. Just a reminder though; Oklahoma Baptist surprised Tech last year. Yes, that was last year and this is this year but that's what makes this conference good.
    Well I wouldn't put it past us the way the gac has played out so far!! Different teams each week!! But if ok baptist does get the upset then only 1 team would remain undefeated!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast