Thread: Northern Michigan v. ASU

Contribute to D2

Default Northern Michigan v. ASU

What can we expect from the Wildcats when they make the long trip down to Texas this week?

Default Re: Northern Michigan v. ASU

A huge ASU victory. NMU is a gliac doormat.

I had to look up ASU on line to see where they were located, and I had to wonder what prompted NMU to take such a long road trip to San Angelo, Texas?! That's a long way from Wildcat territory! Northern will be competitive. They have a long football tradition, not always the best squad but they will show up and may steal a win.

Quote Originally Posted by MDRussell View Post
    I had to look up ASU on line to see where they were located, and I had to wonder what prompted NMU to take such a long road trip to San Angelo, Texas?! That's a long way from Wildcat territory! Northern will be competitive. They have a long football tradition, not always the best squad but they will show up and may steal a win.
    They can't get games with the NSIC or the MIAA, so they went looking for someone else that wanted to play. Pity they can't play ASU a little later in the season next year when the Witch of November comes slashing across the UP.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    They can't get games with the NSIC or the MIAA, so they went looking for someone else that wanted to play. Pity they can't play ASU a little later in the season next year when the Witch of November comes slashing across the UP.
    eh, they might.. but it's still indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    ASU is 2-0 in the UP in the last few years having beaten NMU last year in Marquette and beating Michigan Tech in the playoffs in Houghton in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    eh, they might.. but it's still indoors.
    True, but them getting to the stadium might be distracting to them Texas boys who have never really seen snow before. That and I'm sure that NMU could find somebody that could dress up like a whitewalker to show up outside of their hotel.