Thread: Post-Week 1 GAC Power Rankings

Contribute to D2

Default Post-Week 1 GAC Power Rankings

Entertaining first weekend of action. Some surprises on several fronts, most notably SAU falling to Tech. Here's how I would power rank the 12 teams as of now based on how they looked in Week 1:

1. HSU - gets the top spot after knocking off GAC Champs on the road, win Saturday vs. Tech and they're in the driver's seat
    2. Tech- feels right they get No. 2 after upsetting GAC favorite, win Saturday vs. HSU and they're in the driver's seat
    3. Harding- still feel like this is a very good team who is going to beat a lot of people this year
    4. SEOSU- impressive against SNU, definitely a sleeper to win the league this year IMO
    5. SAU- have to find a way to respond against HU on Saturday or season could unravel quickly with 0-2 start
    6. OBU- has potential to move way up based on offensive talent alone, need to tune up defense, get Oliver healthy
    7. SWOSU- Big blocked field goal late, showed guts to comeback down 13, off to a good start, could be dangerous
    8. ECU- nice opener to bounce back from 2016, QB put up some big numbers
    9. UAM- coaching staff could be in hot water sooner rather than later based on opener and rumblings I've heard from down there
    10. NWOSU- played well vs. OBU, just no depth at all, QB is a pretty good player
    11. OKBU- Could be a sleeping giant in the league long-term, but will likely struggle this year
    12. SNU- Wish them the best and always root for them, but may be better served to drop back down to NAIA at some point

Just my thoughts, interested to hear what you all think. Keep in mind, this is as of right now.

Default Re: Post-Week 1 GAC Power Rankings

SWOSU blocked a field goal on FIFTH down.

I understand your thinking with SWOSU over ECU since they came from behind and won on the road, but ECU won on the road by 21, so I would flip those two.

Edit: SEOSU needs to be lower because they are SEOSU

Regarding your dropping SNU down to the NAIA comment. No way!

5. Default Re: Post-Week 1 GAC Power Rankings

Rangers #10? We are going to blow out UAM and we blew out ECU last year, so until they beat us (will not) they belong far behind us in your ranking. The UAM game last year ( a 59-56 win) was a tsunami of critical injuries to a Defense with absolutely no depth because of the focus on recruiting Offense for the prior 2 years , referee mistakes costing us a key player in a call that was reviewed and deemed inappropriate by league officials after the fact, vast inexperience on the field for our Defense due to no depth and key injuries, and dumb undisciplined penalties which would plague us all year because of the inability of Coaches to get a handle on them. More on all that in my predictions this week as we play UAM Saturday and you will see who should be ranked higher in your estimate. Sorry Weevil, no hard feelings just my opinion. #RRR

Quote Originally Posted by Racous Ranger View Post
    Rangers #10? We are going to blow out UAM and we blew out ECU last year, so until they beat us (will not) they belong far behind us in your ranking. The UAM game last year ( a 59-56 win) was a tsunami of critical injuries to a Defense with absolutely no depth because of the focus on recruiting Offense for the prior 2 years , referee mistakes costing us a key player in a call that was reviewed and deemed inappropriate by league officials after the fact, vast inexperience on the field for our Defense due to no depth and key injuries, and dumb undisciplined penalties which would plague us all year because of the inability of Coaches to get a handle on them. More on all that in my predictions this week as we play UAM Saturday and you will see who should be ranked higher in your estimate. Sorry Weevil, no hard feelings just my opinion. #RRR
    Are we ranking last year's season?