Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 285

Thread: 2019 Recruiting

  1. #1

    Default 2019 Recruiting

    Vikes get an early commitment from 2019 Cretin-Derham Hall guard Jaeden King. I haven't seen much about him, but from doing a quick Twitter search, it would appear he's a solid shooter and pretty talented player. Congrats to Jaeden and to the Vikes. Look forward to seeing how his game develops over the next couple of years.



  2. #2

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Vikes get an early commitment from 2019 Cretin-Derham Hall guard Jaeden King. I haven't seen much about him, but from doing a quick Twitter search, it would appear he's a solid shooter and pretty talented player. Congrats to Jaeden and to the Vikes. Look forward to seeing how his game develops over the next couple of years

    Saw him play one time as soph. Very nice outside jumper. Will only get better as he gets stronger, etc.

  3. #3

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Saw him play one time as soph. Very nice outside jumper. Will only get better as he gets stronger, etc.
    Moorhead get commitment for 2019 pg - Jacob Beeninga. Dragons have nice nucleus of pgs lined up for many years to come.

  4. #4

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Moorhead get commitment for 2019 pg - Jacob Beeninga. Dragons have nice nucleus of pgs lined up for many years to come.
    When I first saw that the other day, I was like "wait, didn't he already commit?"

    Was thinking of his brother, who apparently is already a sophomore

  5. #5

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    When I first saw that the other day, I was like "wait, didn't he already commit?"

    Was thinking of his brother, who apparently is already a sophomore
    Correct. There are also 3 more boys younger than 2019 beeninga. Have a feeling you are going to be hearing that last name for the next 20 years at Msum.

  6. #6

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Wondered if the Dragons would get Jacob too. Saw a lot of buzz about him on Twitter this summer from the usual Minnesota guys. Not a shock that he's at Moorhead. Hopefully if any of the younger brothers are equally good/better, the Augie coaching staff can convince one of 'em to blaze his own trail at a school a few hours south. :)

  7. #7

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Wondered if the Dragons would get Jacob too. Saw a lot of buzz about him on Twitter this summer from the usual Minnesota guys. Not a shock that he's at Moorhead. Hopefully if any of the younger brothers are equally good/better, the Augie coaching staff can convince one of 'em to blaze his own trail at a school a few hours south. :)
    I know Johnny, the older brother, was very interested in Augustana a couple years ago, but I don't believe Augie ever offered him. Good for Moorhead. Jacob is certainly a little undersized, but very skilled, crafty and a good shooter. Very confident player. Will likely redshirt to give two years between Irsfeld. Like Msum pg and wing situations in next 3-4 years/future. Now they have to develop some bigs. Bigs Seville and Berge will be big keys to the future dragon teams. 2019+.

  8. #8

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    I know Johnny, the older brother, was very interested in Augustana a couple years ago, but I don't believe Augie ever offered him. Good for Moorhead. Jacob is certainly a little undersized, but very skilled, crafty and a good shooter. Very confident player. Will likely redshirt to give two years between Irsfeld. Like Msum pg and wing situations in next 3-4 years/future. Now they have to develop some bigs. Bigs Seville and Berge will be big keys to the future dragon teams. 2019+.
    Interesting. I believe he's in the same class as Levi Jansen, which might explain why an offer might not have been there (assuming the Augie coaching staff was interested in Johnny, obviously). I could be mistaken, but I think Levi committed early. Then the rest of the spots went to big men, which the Vikes were very much in need of in that class after losing Jansen/Schilling/Huisken.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Interesting. I believe he's in the same class as Levi Jansen, which might explain why an offer might not have been there (assuming the Augie coaching staff was interested in Johnny, obviously). I could be mistaken, but I think Levi committed early. Then the rest of the spots went to big men, which the Vikes were very much in need of in that class after losing Jansen/Schilling/Huisken.
    Johnny is true soph this season. He did not redshirt last year as freshman.

  10. #10

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Johnny is true soph this season. He did not redshirt last year as freshman.
    Then yes, that would be the same as Jansen.

  11. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    You guys will be glad to know that King only scored 11 points last night and his coach didn't even play him in the 2nd half.

    http://www.cdhraiders.org/news_artic...rer_id=3549280

  12. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    King only the 4th best scorer on his team last night.

    http://www.cdhraiders.org/news_artic...rer_id=3549280

  13. #13

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Noah Christensen from Breckenridge is one to keep an eye on. I know Moorhead has watched him, his mom I found out is an Augie grad. Putting up big numbers this year. Once he fills into that frame he could be a pretty good NSIC player IMO

  14. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Noah Christensen from Breckenridge is one to keep an eye on. I know Moorhead has watched him, his mom I found out is an Augie grad. Putting up big numbers this year. Once he fills into that frame he could be a pretty good NSIC player IMO
    Sons of Augie moms go on to become stars at Sioux Falls. See Drew Geubert. :)

  15. #15

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Sons of Augie moms go on to become stars at Sioux Falls. See Drew Geubert. :)
    Does anyone know a good place to view season stats for the HS kids? I'm sure it is hard to compile it all. Noah has huge numbers as a junior. They have a senior as well who I think was leading all of Minnesota in three point % last year before getting hurt to end the season. He is hitting a high rate again this year and scoring quite a bit.

  16. #16

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Sons of Augie moms go on to become stars at Sioux Falls. See Drew Geubert. :)
    Well, daughters of SMSU dads go on to become stars at Augie. See Shaunteva Ashley.

  17. #17

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Does anyone know a good place to view season stats for the HS kids? I'm sure it is hard to compile it all. Noah has huge numbers as a junior. They have a senior as well who I think was leading all of Minnesota in three point % last year before getting hurt to end the season. He is hitting a high rate again this year and scoring quite a bit.
    MNBasketballHub.com, but that is dependent on coaches inputting all their stats.

  18. #18

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Does anyone know a good place to view season stats for the HS kids? I'm sure it is hard to compile it all. Noah has huge numbers as a junior. They have a senior as well who I think was leading all of Minnesota in three point % last year before getting hurt to end the season. He is hitting a high rate again this year and scoring quite a bit.
    As noted by Stanger, mnbasketballhub.com is usually pretty solid for MN kids (although plenty of schools still don't put scores in after games, unfortunately).

    South Dakota is terrible. Honestly, I typically just check the Twitter feeds of a few of the main sports guys in the area, specifically your alma mater's ex-beat writer, the beloved Ryan Deal (@ryandeal_dr) and a few of the other local guys. And I occasionally will check the local newspaper's website if I have a particular interest in a specific player or team.

  19. #19

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    As noted by Stanger, mnbasketballhub.com is usually pretty solid for MN kids (although plenty of schools still don't put scores in after games, unfortunately).

    South Dakota is terrible. Honestly, I typically just check the Twitter feeds of a few of the main sports guys in the area, specifically your alma mater's ex-beat writer, the beloved Ryan Deal (@ryandeal_dr) and a few of the other local guys. And I occasionally will check the local newspaper's website if I have a particular interest in a specific player or team.
    Ryan does an awesome job.

    Here is Noahs statline for his junior year so far.

    21.1 PTS, 10.9 REB, 2.5 BLK, 1.6 STL. 60% FG, 38% 3PT.

  20. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    As noted by Stanger, mnbasketballhub.com is usually pretty solid for MN kids (although plenty of schools still don't put scores in after games, unfortunately).

    South Dakota is terrible. Honestly, I typically just check the Twitter feeds of a few of the main sports guys in the area, specifically your alma mater's ex-beat writer, the beloved Ryan Deal (@ryandeal_dr) and a few of the other local guys. And I occasionally will check the local newspaper's website if I have a particular interest in a specific player or team.
    On cold winter days, doesn't it take the pony longer to get from spot to spot with the news? :)

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •