Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting

Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    Glad you could laugh at something that was meant to be funny. Who says Bearcat fans don't have a sense of humor?
    I guess I'm old school in the fact that if I was on a team or supported a team that made a joke out of not being successful I wouldn't find it very funny.

Watching a team I don't support make a joke of it is comical though.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    I guess I'm old school in the fact that if I was on a team or supported a team that made a joke out of not being successful I wouldn't find it very funny.

Watching a team I don't support make a joke of it is comical though.
    I may have spoken too soon about Bearcat humor.

They were picked DFL, and took that as a challenge. That's not making a joke out of not being successful. YMMV

(Edited to add a link to the video for those that have no idea what we're talking about.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgz6...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by GrifFan; 05-01-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    I may have spoken too soon about Bearcat humor.

They were picked DFL, and took that as a challenge. That's not making a joke out of not being successful. YMMV

(Edited to add a link to the video for those that have no idea what we're talking about.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgz6...ature=youtu.be
    Considering their finish in conference the previous 2 years, its much easier to connect it to actual performance rather than predictions.

Edit: in watching it again since you posted it looks like a combination of predictions and past performance
    Last edited by NWHoops; 05-01-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Shocker, a D1 transfer going to Mankato....

https://www.mankatofreepress.com/spo...40d299a0a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Shocker, a D1 transfer going to Mankato....

https://www.mankatofreepress.com/spo...40d299a0a.html
    Well if Montana Tech and CSU Pueblo were after him the Mavs had to get him

6. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Well if Montana Tech and CSU Pueblo were after him the Mavs had to get him
    As usual, Mankato will have another talented roster next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    As usual, Mankato will have another talented roster next year.
    Kirksey and Kreiger are proven All NSIC commodities, sources indicate that incoming freshmen Ryland Holt from Illinois has FOY type potential, beyond that..... it's a lot of guys who are extremely inconsistent like McCloud, Baumgardner, and Nixon. Barring some large internal improvement or addition I think this is shaping up to be one of Margs least talented rosters in recent years.

8. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Kirksey and Kreiger are proven All NSIC commodities, sources indicate that incoming freshmen Ryland Holt from Illinois has FOY type potential, beyond that..... it's a lot of guys who are extremely inconsistent like McCloud, Baumgardner, and Nixon. Barring some large internal improvement or addition I think this is shaping up to be one of Margs least talented rosters in recent years.
    Would expect Baumgardner and/or Nixon to be improved next season. If d1 transfer big guy is good that will go a long way.

Would expect Baumgardner and/or Nixon to be improved next season. If d1 transfer big guy is good that will go a long way.
    I mean that could happen, but would you wager on them making the Regional right now?

I just noticed that Kato signed two more HS kids on Friday which brings his HS haul from the class of '19 to FOUR compared to one measley transfer?!?! Did the Carlos Anderson Experience scare Margs out of the transfer game?!?
    Last edited by Augieholic; 05-07-2019 at 09:50 PM.

10. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

I mean that could happen, but would you wager on them making the Regional right now?

I just noticed that Kato signed two more HS kids on Friday which brings his HS haul from the class of '19 to FOUR compared to one measley transfer?!?! Did the Carlos Anderson Experience scare Margs out of the transfer game?!?
    I’m not sure I’m willing to say any nsic team is a preseason lock for regional next year. I think there is going to be a lot of parity again. I had augie as preseason #1, but losing pg makes that a bit more tenuous. Would say Mankato in group of top 3-5 teams in preseason nsic voting. Pretty sure a few Mankato fans took exception mid last season when I took a little shot at Carlos...wonder what they would say about him now.

11. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Bemidgi signs Nick Wagner 6’3 sg from Indian hills cc. I think Bemidgi team shaping up to be improved next year.
    Last edited by Moorhead123; 05-14-2019 at 10:58 PM.

12. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Bemidgi signs Nick Wagner 6’3 sg from Indian hills cc. I think Bemidgi team shaping up to be improved next year.
    Well, they couldn't be much worse.

13. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Fair enough...

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Actually, BSU will be better. The Beavers have almost everyone back and several of the players have shown signs of good play last season. I am projecting the Beavers to improve upon their 6-16 NSIC record to be 10-12 or perhaps .500 if things work out. The new JC recruit, Nick Wagner is the brother of BSU second assistant, Tim Wagner.

15. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

On 2020 recruiting front... PF Austin Andrews commits to UMD. Andrews had offers from handful of nsic teams.

16. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

UNK signed 6-0 RJ Pair from Garden City Juco (played at Pitt St as a freshman) and 6-2 Jake Walker from Snow College.

Judging purely by past recruiting interest it appears Concordia may have found a good center.

18. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Judging purely by past recruiting interest it appears Concordia may have found a good center.
    Yes..also like Carlson on inside for Concordia. Appears the nsic teams loading up on big men transfers this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    If you’re basing it purely on previous recruiting interest, then yes. But in his Redshirt-Junior season last year, his season high was 1 point and 9 minutes. And the one point was against D2 Harding. Maybe playing his senior year in St Paul will be the trigger.

This is for 2020. But Joey James hitting the recruiting trail hard. Traveling all the way to... the next bedroom.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/jaylen-james