Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 285

Thread: 2019 Recruiting

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,983
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    159801

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    From the little I know, the classes that stand out to me the most are Augie, Upper Iowa and Southwest.

  2. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    nm
    Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 11-17-2018 at 11:52 AM. Reason: too mean spirited

  3. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Kimberly(WI) 6’5” F, Reed Miller, has committed to UM-Crookston. I believe it was his only D2 offer but probably would have gained more interest throughout his senior season. Good outside shooter.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    5209

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Northwest signs Wes Dreamer, from Murdock, Nebraska, was a two-time class C-2 all-state boys basketball player for Elmwood-Murdock High School. He was the honorary captain of the Class C-2 all-state team after averaging 22.2 points and 10.5 rebounds per game, leading the Knights to the state tournament . Dreamer transferred to Lincoln East High School for his senior year to play under head coach Jeff Campbell. Dreamer also played AAU basketball with the well-known Martin Brothers AAU program out of Iowa.

  5. #205

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    SMSU signee Cliff McCray (Sioux City West HS, IA) averaging 19.3/9.7/10.3 through first three games of season. Two triple-doubles.

  6. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Moorhead received recent commitment from 6’6” SF/Pf Jack Rusch from lakeville north hs. Don’t know much about him other than he is a very good three point shooter. Moorhead doing a good job recently getting players from some of better big school high school programs in the twin cities....wayzata, Hopkins, lakeville north...etc. Many times these type of players don’t have the staggering high school numbers... as the competition is more difficult. In the past Moorhead has recruited more out state kids...which they also continue to do as well.

  7. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Moorhead received recent commitment from 6’6” SF/Pf Jack Rusch from lakeville north hs. Don’t know much about him other than he is a very good three point shooter. Moorhead doing a good job recently getting players from some of better big school high school programs in the twin cities....wayzata, Hopkins, lakeville north...etc. Many times these type of players don’t have the staggering high school numbers... as the competition is more difficult. In the past Moorhead has recruited more out state kids...which they also continue to do as well.
    Jeez, you talk about the rich getting richer. From what I saw on Saturday, you guys have absolutely no use for anyone for at least 3 years. Man is that team going to be loaded. Maybe even ready to give the Division 1 team in the league a little run for their money. Maybe only losing by 12-14 points as opposed to the 20-24 points everyone else will be losing to them by.

  8. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Jeez, you talk about the rich getting richer. From what I saw on Saturday, you guys have absolutely no use for anyone for at least 3 years. Man is that team going to be loaded. Maybe even ready to give the Division 1 team in the league a little run for their money. Maybe only losing by 12-14 points as opposed to the 20-24 points everyone else will be losing to them by.
    Can’t tell if you are playing me or not...but my homer view is that the future is bright for dragons...

  9. #209

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Emporia State added a 6-8 post from Central Wyoming CC Devin Rottweiler. Will provide some much needed size in the post and as Coach Doty said on his radio show yesterday - he knows he's a post player.
    ESU story
    Brings ESU's recruiting class for 2019 up to four - three HS players and one transfer that will have three years remaining.

  10. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Gibson City, IL 6’5” SF Ryland Holt has committed to play at Minnesota State Mankato. I know he had a ton of D2 interest along with some mid major D1 interest. Really good get for the Mavericks.

    http://www.hudl.com/profile/6901814/Ryland-Holt

  11. #211

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by tomt4525 View Post
    Gibson City, IL 6’5” SF Ryland Holt has committed to play at Minnesota State Mankato. I know he had a ton of D2 interest along with some mid major D1 interest. Really good get for the Mavericks.

    http://www.hudl.com/profile/6901814/Ryland-Holt
    Yes he had a ton of interest including from Winona. Unfortunately we are not going to win many recruiting contests with Mankato's facilities.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,829
    Rep Power
    179455

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by tomt4525 View Post
    Gibson City, IL 6’5” SF Ryland Holt has committed to play at Minnesota State Mankato. I know he had a ton of D2 interest along with some mid major D1 interest. Really good get for the Mavericks.

    http://www.hudl.com/profile/6901814/Ryland-Holt
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Yes he had a ton of interest including from Winona. Unfortunately we are not going to win many recruiting contests with Mankato's facilities.
    If Twitter hype is to be believed Margs got a dude with this commitment.

  13. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    If Twitter hype is to be believed Margs got a dude with this commitment.
    Looks like Mankato got its Kirksey replacement for future.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,449
    Rep Power
    54118

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting


  15. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Moorhead recruit Dane Zimmer with 21 rebounds last night for 4A state champs Hopkins, MN. Zimmer needs to add some more strength, but has a lot of potential at a position Moorhead needs to add some depth.

    Jack Rusch with 10 points in same game for runner up lakeville north.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    160 miles S of SUFU. As a crow flies
    Posts
    1,509
    Rep Power
    296546

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Moorhead123, since your up on MN. recruits was Cleary and Bruggeman considered high value recruits coming out of high school?

    2. What are the BB guru's thoughts on Augustanas recruits Bennett Otto and Isaac Fink?

    I'd ask about St. Clouds recruits, but they mostly recruit Illinois and Wisconsin.
    Last edited by vikingfaithful; 03-24-2019 at 08:53 PM.

  17. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Moorhead123, since your up on MN. recruits was Cleary and Bruggeman considered high value recruits coming out of high school?

    2. What are the BB guru's thoughts on Augustanas recruits Bennett Otto and Isaac Fink?

    I'd ask about St. Clouds recruits, but they mostly recruit Illinois and Wisconsin.
    Cleary was from Wisconsin.

    Bruggeman was a very good high school player and had offers from a few d2 schools, but “high value” is obviously subjective. There are normally 10-20 d1 recruits each year coming out of mn. He was not in that group, likely because of his size, but he was definitely toward the top of the next level of players/pgs. He was one of top pgs in state that did not go d1. I would say Jacob Beeninga in similar boat. Not saying he is going to be better or worse than Bruggeman, but one of better pgs coming out of mn that does not have d1 attention, etc.

    Love fink...you will too. Fully expect him to contribute some next year for Augie. Also like Otto...just not as good offensively as fink, but can play and defend multiple positions. Not sure he has a much upside as fink, but who knows he can do a lot. Smart player. Not sure there are enough minutes for him on augie young and talented team.

    Crazy St. Cloud can’t recruit better in mn.

  18. #218

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Bruggeman had offers from SMSU, MSUM, UMD and BSU plus an offer to walk-on at NDSU. It was a relatively late commitment, coming in April of his senior year. If I remember right, he dealt with an injury at one point earlier that school year (football injury?) that slowed his recruitment.

  19. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Recently, UMD signee from Kaukauna WI, Donovan Ivory, got out of his letter of intent. He is looking to go D1 now. UMD also received recent news that Jordan MN graduate, Jimmy Vollbrecht, will be transferring. An offer to Denmark(WI) 6'8" F, Patrick Suemnick, was handed out after this news. He's a very athletic and high ceiling kid. I don't know of other D2 offers for Suemnick, I would expect him to quickly accept.

    Many are not familiar I'm sure, but I'm a UW-Stevens Point fan and new assistant coach Matt Hockett has plenty of connections to the Duluth program, I'm wondering if Vollbrecht could give Stevens Point a look.

  20. #220

    Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by tomt4525 View Post
    Recently, UMD signee from Kaukauna WI, Donovan Ivory, got out of his letter of intent. He is looking to go D1 now. UMD also received recent news that Jordan MN graduate, Jimmy Vollbrecht, will be transferring. An offer to Denmark(WI) 6'8" F, Patrick Suemnick, was handed out after this news. He's a very athletic and high ceiling kid. I don't know of other D2 offers for Suemnick, I would expect him to quickly accept.

    Many are not familiar I'm sure, but I'm a UW-Stevens Point fan and new assistant coach Matt Hockett has plenty of connections to the Duluth program, I'm wondering if Vollbrecht could give Stevens Point a look.
    Man, you don't hear about that happening a ton...getting out of the signed LOI. Dude was really committed to decommitting. From the look of things and from reading online, that's a pretty big hit for the Bulldogs in this 2019 recruiting class.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •