Gliac lost commissioner. Gliac lost selgo. Malone gone
    Ohio dominican gone
    Walsh done
    Lake erie gone
    Tiffin done
    Ashland almost there
    Indy follows suit

Nmu, northwood and lssu are broke.

You gotta think gv and wayne st are looking for an exit plan.

I promise that the gliac even met with naia madonna a couple weeks ago.

At least the gliac still has their s.o.s. for playoff implications.

2. Default Re: S.O.S.

Have to say, I agree...GLIAC is in an early crisis. GV's lost is worse than Ashland's IMO but nonetheless poor showings all around to start. Davenport losing to an NAIA to start off their GLIAC campaign. The Tiffin lost doesn't surprise me as I think they go back to bottom feeder. Let's hope it isn't like this again on Saturday. If Wayne loses to Walsh than all bets are off...
    Last edited by NewEraWarrior; 09-01-2017 at 08:40 AM.

3. Default Re: S.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
    Have to say, I agree...GLIAC is an early crisis. GV's lost is worst than Ashland's IMO but nonetheless poor showings all around to start. Davenport losing to an NAIA to start off their GLIAC opener. The Tiffin lost doesn't surprise me as I think they go back to bottom feeder. Let's hope it isn't like this again on Saturday. If Wayne loses to Walsh than all bets are off...
    I don't think anyone could say Ashland's was a bad loss. IUP is a top 10 team and they were playing at home. AU outplayed IUP but lost because of special teams. Unfortunately that's the way it goes. GVSU's loss is a surprise but Indy has been a solid team for years. It's week one..a little early to push the panic button about the conference

Default Re: S.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by eagler927 View Post
    I don't think anyone could say Ashland's was a bad loss. IUP is a top 10 team and they were playing at home. AU outplayed IUP but lost because of special teams. Unfortunately that's the way it goes. GVSU's loss is a surprise but Indy has been a solid team for years. It's week one..a little early to push the panic button about the conference
    Haven't looked at the stats yet have you ? IUP out-gained Ashland by nearly 100 yards. The kick return game gave Ashland a big boost with some short fields. I'm not sure you outplay anyone when you are shut out an entire half.

5. Default Re: S.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by eagler927 View Post
    I agree Ashland lost against a very good team on the last play no less HOWEVER I really am expecting big things from Ashland and GV this year. GV was certainly more disappointing, they simply didn't look like a top 3 team in the country. I also stand by agreeing with Cousin Roy, GLIAC needs to represent better if we really want to keep claiming to be the "Premier DII conference".

Well hope this eases your mind a little...NU is far from "broke".

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Talk about a 1/2 empty outlook. All but GV/Indy had outcomes that were likely (Ash was a toss up game.. on the road at that) As for schools going broke? Huh? The schools that left the conf were leaving due to financials. And FWIW, Tiffin is leaving next season..for what reason? And Davenport? UH, they are still in diapers. And let's give Tech some credit for a blow out win with all the changes that they are having.

Trust me, the GLIAC is still a tough conf. And it is only the first week. Though I have to admit that my Lakers were a mystery to me last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Talk about a 1/2 empty outlook. All but GV/Indy had outcomes that were likely (Ash was a toss up game.. on the road at that) As for schools going broke? Huh? The schools that left the conf were leaving due to financials. And FWIW, Tiffin is leaving next season..for what reason? And Davenport? UH, they are still in diapers. And let's give Tech some credit for a blow out win with all the changes that they are having.

Trust me, the GLIAC is still a tough conf. And it is only the first week. Though I have to admit that my Lakers were a mystery to me last night.
    well put...the gv loss was ridiculous but Ashland losing on the road to a good team was not a surprise... however the way they lost blowing a lead at the end and poor special teams makes it tougher to swallow...tiffin loses to Findlay literally every year...I'm far more concerned about my lakers than I am the gliac...gv always see to b good at the end of the year but the beginning fu#&s us far too often... people complaining about Davenport losing is funny...let's revisit Davenport in five years...they will b legit

GV losing was a bit of a shock but it is kind of how they have been the last couple years.. weak start but then finishing the year strong. The Gliac is fine and can't wait for Davenport to join the top of the ranks in a few years! Going to make for some fun football in the GR area. Just hoping my Dawgs can stay at the top of ranks as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post

Redwing - I picked the Lakers to win, but they fell short. I included your quote because of your statement that "The schools that left the conf were leaving due to financials." Maybe some of the schools did, maybe all of them left because of money, but not Hillsdale. Hillsdale College does not have anything close being in a financial pinch as they're fund-raising efforts are monumental, and the football team is amply provided for from the overall budget. Just wanted to point that out. Hey, the Lakers will rebound and kick a lot of butt before the end of the season. I'm glad Hillsdale doesn't have to play them in the regular season. It's only the first week. One loss is not the end of the season.