Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: o.t./ WT womens basketball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: o.t./ WT womens basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    ASU reported 416 in attendance.
    I was there and 416 probably counts the ticket takers and concession people. My friend and I both said around 300 for the girls game. Now the boys game was different. There were probably 1,000 there for that.

Box scores says 416 for the girls and 567 for the boys. I think the girls number is high and I think the boys number is low.

May I ask why attendance #s are such a huge topic for WT & TAMUK fans? Does it win games? Conference championships? Nationals?

I care more about the Belles putting a 17 point shellacking on the previously undefeated Lady Buffs then how many people were sitting in the stands. This whoopin was gonna happen be it 1 or 8k people in the stands.

Maybe some people have a NEED to feel "validated" based on attendance numbers. "250 people came to my party and only 20 went to yours....na na na na, boo boo".

I always laugh when people brag that they went to an event and it was a sold out crowd. Great!!! That means longer lines, more traffic, and more idiots to deal with. HAHAHAHA

PATHETIC.

Why did the men play first in Kingsville??

What was the attendance at the men's game this afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    May I ask why attendance #s are such a huge topic for WT & TAMUK fans? Does it win games? Conference championships? Nationals?

I care more about the Belles putting a 17 point shellacking on the previously undefeated Lady Buffs then how many people were sitting in the stands. This whoopin was gonna happen be it 1 or 8k people in the stands.

Maybe some people have a NEED to feel "validated" based on attendance numbers. "250 people came to my party and only 20 went to yours....na na na na, boo boo".

I always laugh when people brag that they went to an event and it was a sold out crowd. Great!!! That means longer lines, more traffic, and more idiots to deal with. HAHAHAHA

PATHETIC.
    I agree with almost everything your saying. I think the main thing with attendance for me and most people is the atmosphere it creates in a game. My family and I went to the WT Womens regional basketball game in Canyon a few years back and the FUB was packed. The feeling of the game was electric, game was exciting, the fans and crowd were completely into it. The FUB seats between 4k-5k and feels completely different when there are 4k screaming yelling fans in a packed arena vs 1k fans. I can only speak for myself but thats what I gather.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman View Post
    What was the attendance at the men's game this afternoon?
    The game box said 348 which may be about right. I had the video during one of the TO's and counted 81 on the opposite side of the camera!!!! That's really a shame for a TAMK team that played very hard & could have easily won that one.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456