Thread: Week 1 Game Statuses

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default Week 1 Game Statuses

Okay, as many of you know Harvey has affected some GAC games.

The NWOSU-OUA game has been moved up to tomorrow (Wednesday, August 30th) at 5pm. Here is the official release: http://www.obutigers.com/news/2017/8...-wednsday.aspx

I've been told by reliable sources that the SAU-ATU game is still on schedule as the forecast for Russellville looks good & they are closely monitoring the Searcy forecast for the HSU-HU game.

That's all I have for now.

On a side note, to all our LSC breathren stay safe.

Default Re: Week 1 Game Statuses

Thanks for the update!

Prayers to the LCS schools.

I've been told a pretty good chance HU game gets moved to Saturday. However, I also just saw that local weather people are projecting the storm to track more towards the east than they've been saying. So, we might be fine on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    I've been told a pretty good chance HU game gets moved to Saturday. However, I also just saw that local weather people are projecting the storm to track more towards the east than they've been saying. So, we might be fine on Thursday.
    Its true the track is more East than thought! Im pretty sure that Russellville will be a go on Thursday, and i'm wondering if the HU-HSU will be a gametime decision! I think it will be good, however I would be worried about Saturdays UAM game, as they are supposed to take the brunt of Harvey and get a good 5-8 inches down there!!

Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    Its true the track is more East than thought! Im pretty sure that Russellville will be a go on Thursday, and i'm wondering if the HU-HSU will be a gametime decision! I think it will be good, however I would be worried about Saturdays UAM game, as they are supposed to take the brunt of Harvey and get a good 5-8 inches down there!!
    Okay guys, I heard from a reliable source that the SWOSU-UAM game is going ahead as scheduled.

Haven't heard any update on the HSU-HU game, but like several have stated, with the changing track it looks like they very well may get that game in on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Okay guys, I heard from a reliable source that the SWOSU-UAM game is going ahead as scheduled.

Haven't heard any update on the HSU-HU game, but like several have stated, with the changing track it looks like they very well may get that game in on Thursday.
    Just glancing at the weather radar, I'd be surprised if HU-HSU gets moved at all. Searcy looks like it's gonna be well clear of the thunder storms and may not even get much rain tomorrow night.

Update:

Harding has confirmed via Twitter that the game is going ahead as scheduled: https://twitter.com/HardingSports/st...93682738819072

8. Default Re: Week 1 Game Statuses

Curious if Southern Arkansas will run the ball more if there is a steady ran.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider4life View Post
    Curious if Southern Arkansas will run the ball more if there is a steady ran.
    Im wondering as well.. however, in my opinion it wont be very rainy, Russellville is on the line of rain/no rain last I saw! Plus, it was rainy in the bowl game and they went away from the pass game and it costs them in the form of more turnovers!! Either way, #1 priority for our riders, if they have a shot of winning the GAC, win the next 2 weeks!! Also, BALL SECURITY!!!

10. Default Re: Week 1 Game Statuses

Yep, curious about Tech's grass field as well. That should not be too much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider4life View Post
    Yep, curious about Tech's grass field as well. That should not be too much of an issue.
    I didn't think techs field was grass anymore! they changed few years back I believe, but could be wrong!

12. Default Re: Week 1 Game Statuses

Your right D2football.com needs to update their stadium description for Tech

They have turf. One of the nicest surfaces in GAC