Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 GAC Coaches Poll

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default 2017 GAC Coaches Poll

Default Re: 2017 GAC Coaches Poll

Awesome let's bring the title to magnolia!! Return a lot of starters including the amazing qb!! Hope we live up to expectations!! Can't wait to see the action on our live video board scoreboard!!!

I can agree in the SAU for a #1 pick, but after that I believe it will look a lot different at the end of the season. I mentioned Arkansas Tech should be good in a previous post/thread, and anticipate each GAC team will find themselves in a difficult games with the Wonder Boys.

It should be about time to start the "Message Board Poster Poll".
    I think the top five will look like this in December:
    1 - HSU/SAU
    2 - HSU/SAU
    3 - ATU
    4 - OBU/Harding
    5 - OBU Harding

So..... I will put each in a position for my picks.
    1 - HSU - Have to go with this..... Sorry bandguy11. - I think the Reddies will want to get revenge on last years win.
    2 - SAU - With no injuries, this will be the team to circle on everyone's calendar.
    3 - ATU -
    4- OBU -
    5- HU - Sorry Divisiontwo. I think too many changes in the backfield and not playing for head coaches last year to rally on.
    6 - SOSU
    7 - SWOSU
    8 - NWOSU
    9 - OKBU
    10 - UAM - If the Boll Weevils don't get 6 wins, I believe the HC will be gone. If not expect the same results. I think Jackson is a good guy, but the university will start to demand more. Maybe Weevil Watcher can give us some insight.
    11 - ECU
    12 - SNU

I'm optimistic for the players, they deserve some success. Senior class has gone 2-9, 1-10, and last years 4-7. It would be nice for them to go out with a winning record. As far the HC, he's a super nice guy that has to get it done this year. Lots of turnover on staff has not been good over last couple of years although you expect some of that in D2. The other issue is the town itself. Until the interstate finally gets built, the city won't grow.

I predict a 8-3 Weevil season.

Curious to see more opinions and hopefully we can get something from Armo. No pressure. There are 17 days left!!!! until kickoff for the 2017 GAC season. HSU not getting much love in the polls.

Go Reddies!

Afca preseason poll!! Riders get some love!! Harding #15 SAU #22!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
    ...I predict a 8-3 Weevil season.
    What factor, or factors, lead you believe that the Weevils can go 8-3 this season?

I can see them getting to 6 wins, maybe 7, but 8 wins seems a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    I can agree in the SAU for a #1 pick, but after that I believe it will look a lot different at the end of the season. I mentioned Arkansas Tech should be good in a previous post/thread, and anticipate each GAC team will find themselves in a difficult games with the Wonder Boys.

It should be about time to start the "Message Board Poster Poll".
    I think the top five will look like this in December:
    1 - HSU/SAU
    2 - HSU/SAU
    3 - ATU
    4 - OBU/Harding
    5 - OBU Harding

1 - HSU - Have to go with this..... Sorry bandguy11. - I think the Reddies will want to get revenge on last years win.
    2 - SAU - With no injuries, this will be the team to circle on everyone's calendar.
    3 - ATU -
    4- OBU -
    5- HU - Sorry Divisiontwo. I think too many changes in the backfield and not playing for head coaches last year to rally on.
    6 - SOSU
    7 - SWOSU
    8 - NWOSU
    9 - OKBU
    10 - UAM - If the Boll Weevils don't get 6 wins, I believe the HC will be gone. If not expect the same results. I think Jackson is a good guy, but the university will start to demand more. Maybe Weevil Watcher can give us some insight.
    11 - ECU
    12 - SNU
    I'll bet you a steak dinner that HU wins more than 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    I'll bet you a steak dinner that HU wins more than 7 games.
    I will take that bet and raise you a glass of wine or beer, water, sweet tea, tequila, coffee etc... whatever your drink is.

It sucks seeing the Tigers so low on that list, but they deserve that after last year. I'm very optimistic for the season. There are lots of new faces on the team on both sides of the ball, and I've heard good things from coaches and the weight room. I predict at least a winning season, but 7 wins would be huge for the Tigers.

Were 12th out of 12. There's nothing quite like being the underdog of underdogs. Let's Go SNU.

bump

Now after 3 weeks? How's it going to play out?

Quote Originally Posted by crixus View Post
    Were 12th out of 12. There's nothing quite like being the underdog of underdogs. Let's Go SNU.
    Good to see SNU come alive!

Quote Originally Posted by sozo View Post
    Good to see SNU come alive!
    Yep. They may not be the last place team this year. There is rumors that there is a new SNU. LOL Kinda funny, but SNU will be SNU. ECU I cannot figure out. They may be the bottom of the GAC this year. Still plenty of season left for teams and coaches to turn their teams in the right direction. should be interesting.

Yep. They may not be the last place team this year. There is rumors that there is a new SNU. LOL Kinda funny, but SNU will be SNU. ECU I cannot figure out. They may be the bottom of the GAC this year. Still plenty of season left for teams and coaches to turn their teams in the right direction. should be interesting.
    I have proved the last 2 seasons that I suck at picking the gac. smh

I think SNU's back up QB may be the real deal. Looked pretty dang good in the last quarter of the HU game. If I were that staff, I might give him a long look as the full-time starter. By the way, looks like you may win that steak dinner/beer bet with divisiontwo

Quote Originally Posted by sozo View Post
    I have proved the last 2 seasons that I suck at picking the gac. smh
    But don't give up!! I think I speak for everyone here we enjoy having you!! You're one of the nice posters, not the rude ones that come around playoff time!! Lol. Plus, just like the teams, everyone is having a hard time picking this year!!!

Thanks for the kind words Band, appreciate it. Actually I may be changing my profile pic next year. My son is graduating from fhsu and my daughter has her schools narrowed to 1 miaa school and 1 gac school. If she chooses the miaa school I will not be changing my pic on this football board. Lol

This is very true. If they don't steal a win from OBU or HSU in the next couple of weeks, I think ECU will spiral downward to the bottom of the conference yet again. The good news is there is only one way to go right now!

3 - ATU -
    4- OBU -
    6 - SOSU
    7 - SWOSU
    8 - NWOSU
    9 - OKBU
    11 - ECU
    12 - SNU

Above were my picks before season. Now..... Here is my updated version:

1 - ATU
    2 - SAU
    3 - SOSU
    4- HSU
    5- OBU
    6 - HU
    7 - NWOSU
    8 - UAM
    9 - SWOSU