Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting

Contribute to D2

Default 2018 Recruiting

I'll try to fill in the blanks as other can later on.

Augie has offered Roncalli Cavalier Augustin Reede

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting

https://twitter.com/PrepHoopsDakota/...03013840564224

Believe this time LeBrun tweeted it from his own Twitter account, as did Plitzuweit. Really, really excited about these commitments. If I understand correctly, Plitzuweit turned down a legit NDSU offer (as in not a 4-for-5 or preferred walk-on offer). Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that. Obviously that doesn't guarantee that he'll be a surefire superstar or anything, but I certainly don't think it's a bad thing.

Really excited about this recruiting class already. No idea if the Vikes are done for this class or not, but I'm definitely happy with these two so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    https://twitter.com/PrepHoopsDakota/...03013840564224

Believe this time LeBrun tweeted it from his own Twitter account, as did Plitzuweit. Really, really excited about these commitments. If I understand correctly, Plitzuweit turned down a legit NDSU offer (as in not a 4-for-5 or preferred walk-on offer). Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that. Obviously that doesn't guarantee that he'll be a surefire superstar or anything, but I certainly don't think it's a bad thing.

Really excited about this recruiting class already. No idea if the Vikes are done for this class or not, but I'm definitely happy with these two so far.
    I'd argue that Augie could beat some of the Bison squads the last few years. Both are very good gets. I'll update later on but I believe NSU has 6 or 7 offers out and 4 are point gaurds.

According to Verbal Commits, WSU has 7 open offers for 2018. Those are:

Nick Klug, 6'0 PG from Burlington, Wis
    Preston Maccoux, 6'6 SG from Big Bend, Wis
    Jaxon Knotek, 6'5 SF from River Falls Wis (also offered by NDSU)
    Jeameril Wilson, 6'5 SF from Chicago (apparently has a number of D-1 offers as well)
    Grant Basile, 6'8 PF from Pewaukee Wisc
    Cody Landwehr, 6'6 PF from Sauk Rapids, MN
    Eric Tiedman, 6'6 PF from Jordan MN (apparently Augustana has been watching him a lot recently, not sure if they have offered)

These are the current offers NSU has out with info and the other schools that have offered them.

Ryan Larson - PG - 6'0" 160lbs
    Cretin-Durham Hall (MN)
    USF

Josiah Strong - PG - 6'0"
    Champlin Park (MN)
    Army, Navy, Kearney, Mankato, USF

Anders Nelson - PG - 6'0" 167lbs
    Edina (MN)
    USF

Augustin Reede - PG - 6'1" 180lbs
    Committed
    Aberdeen Roncalli (SD)
    Mary, Augustana

Michael Schaefer - SF - 6'6" 205lbs
    St. Cloud Cathedral (MN)
    Mankato, Moorhead, St. Cloud, Southwest, Sioux Falls, Augustana

Joseph Evans - PF - 6'8"
    Dowling Catholic (IA)
    Wayne, St. Cloud

Jordan Belka - PF - 6'7" 180lbs
    Rogers (MN)
    USF, Minot

Manning Baumgarder III - PG - 6'1" 160lbs
    Columbus Africentric Early College (OH)
    Ohio Dominican, Mankato, Ashland, Missouri Western

Jacob Balcome - PF/C 6'10"
    Committed
    Alexandria (MN)
    Jamestown, Valley City
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 08-07-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    These are the current offers NSU has out with info and the other schools that have offered them.

Ryan Larson - PG - 6'0" 160lbs
    Cretin-Durham Hall (MN)
    USF

Josiah Strong - PG - 6'0"
    Champlin Park (MN)
    Army, Navy, Kearney, Mankato, USF

Anders Nelson - PG - 6'0" 167lbs
    Edina (MN)
    USF

Augustin Reede - PG - 6'1" 180lbs
    Aberdeen Roncalli (SD)
    Mary, Augustana

Michael Schaefer - SF - 6'6" 205lbs
    St. Cloud Cathedral (MN)
    Mankato, Moorhead, St. Cloud, Southwest

Joseph Evans - PF - 6'8"
    Dowling Catholic (IA)
    Wayne, St. Cloud

Jordan Bella - PF - 6'7" 180lbs
    Rogers (MN)
    USF, Minot
    Not they'd be included on this list now, but had NSU offered both LeBrun and Plitzuweit as well, or was it just LeBrun? I'll be curious to see where Reede ends up. I could see NSU being a good fit for him (known for being a shooter...which is the direction the game's going if you haven't heard...already in Aberdeen, etc.), but if the Augie coaches like him enough to offer, I definitely trust their judgment and wouldn't mind seeing him in blue and gold along with LeBrun and Plitzuweit.

Quote Originally Posted by wsuguy87 View Post
    Eric Tiedman, 6'6 PF from Jordan MN (apparently Augustana has been watching him a lot recently, not sure if they have offered)

Not sure how the recent commitments affect Augie's available scholarship situation, but since the current commits are a guard and a small forward (LeBrun is sort of a 2-3 I think), I wouldn't be shocked if the Vikes are still pursuing Tiedman as well.

Not they'd be included on this list now, but had NSU offered both LeBrun and Plitzuweit as well, or was it just LeBrun? I'll be curious to see where Reede ends up. I could see NSU being a good fit for him (known for being a shooter...which is the direction the game's going if you haven't heard...already in Aberdeen, etc.), but if the Augie coaches like him enough to offer, I definitely trust their judgment and wouldn't mind seeing him in blue and gold along with LeBrun and Plitzuweit.
    I'd be very surprised if Reede goes anywhere but NSU, but it comes down to what the kid wants. I believe LeBrun was offered, I hadn't heard of the other kid.

Not sure how the recent commitments affect Augie's available scholarship situation, but since the current commits are a guard and a small forward (LeBrun is sort of a 2-3 I think), I wouldn't be shocked if the Vikes are still pursuing Tiedman as well.
    Apparently, this kid is pretty good. Should be interesting to see where he ends up.

From what I've seen on Twitter, SMSU has offers out on:

Michael Schaefer (Offers include MSU, MSUM, NSU, SCSU)
    Cody Landwehr (Offers include SCSU, WSU, UMass-Lowell,
    Jalen Hodge (Offers include Minot, Lewis)

Congrats to Trevor. Vikes are putting together an extremely well-rounded 2018 class. A South Dakota lineup that will strike fear in any SCSU Husky's heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post

This certainly came out of left field. What do we know about him?

Augustin "Gus" Reede has committed to NSU

Congrats to Trevor. Vikes are putting together an extremely well-rounded 2018 class. A South Dakota lineup that will strike fear in any SCSU Husky's heart.
    I miss having Deal. This new guy covering the Wolves is garbage and has bare minimum stuff. Ryan always went above and beyond.

Augustin "Gus" Reede has committed to NSU
    Can't say I'm particularly shocked. Along with staying local and fitting the prototype NSU template for any Wolves who aren't centers (fairly average height and solid shooter), Augie having just gotten a guard commitment and a guard/forward commitment probably didn't make them the most appealing landing spot for Reede. I'd imagine I'll be hating him in 2-3 years when he is hitting 3s against the Vikes. Then again, maybe Plitzuweit and LeBrun will be able to neutralize him a bit. :)

Commitment season is fun.
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 08-03-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Can't say I'm particularly shocked. Along with staying local and fitting the prototype NSU template for any Wolves who aren't centers (fairly average height and solid shooter), Augie having just gotten a guard commitment and a guard/forward commitment probably didn't make them the most appealing landing spot for Reede. I'd imagine I'll be hating him in 2-3 years when he is hitting 3s against the Vikes. Then again, maybe Plitzuweit and LeBrun will be able to neutralize him a bit. :)

Commitment season is fun.
    So many ties with his family and NSU and just a long list that made me believe it was going to happen. He is a sharpshooter for sure and will fit in perfectly. We have a lot of young talent thought the 18-19 season might not be all that great. We desperately need some height to be added by way of transfer or recruit like Schaefer. Losing Carter and Doyle leaves us with basically Justin Decker and maybe Cole Dahl (who we didn't see much of) as post players. I don't care how the game is changing, if you have to throw a tall true SF in the post to guard a big man, you will be in trouble.

Also, despite Simple's opinion. I love the fact that Augie and NSU can get some of these really good players in South Dakota, it can only help build what has and continues to be a fun rivalry. Maybe others don't see that and I know the h2h is lopsided, but with the two biggest fan bases and competitive basketball especially it makes for fun environments. Add SD kids to it and it gets hyped up a little more.

If only we could convince Cole Bergen to join him...
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 08-03-2017 at 06:15 PM.

USF and Augie have joined the Michael Schaefer sweepstakes. I don't remember the last kid with so many NSIC offers, though I'm sure it's happened.

19. Default Re: 2018 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    This certainly came out of left field. What do we know about him?
    Solid SF recruit (maybe PF by the time he is junior/senior). Most think his high school teammate, Michael Schaefer, the better all around player. Plombon is still a raw but does have some nice upside. Can likely guard multiple positions. Will be one of the more athletic SF in conference. Good jumper. Streaky shooter. Needs to improve ball handling and 3 point shooting, but I would expect him to be a solid contributor in a few years. Plenty of upside potential for Winona. Good get

USF and Augie have joined the Michael Schaefer sweepstakes. I don't remember the last kid with so many NSIC offers, though I'm sure it's happened.
    Seems to be about one every year.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast