Thread: Improvements at Lubbers

Contribute to D2

Default Improvements at Lubbers

So somebody sent me a picture today, looks like there's been a little more work done to Lubbers this offseason.

Lubbers from last year I believe.....

Image from earlier today.....

2. Default Re: Improvements at Lubbers

Much needed work being done in the Presidents suite is looking very nice. This is a good start to Lubbers improvements.

Default Re: Improvements at Lubbers

I take it there are no plans to dismantle what is currently there and build something larger just behind the stands?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I take it there are no plans to dismantle what is currently there and build something larger just behind the stands?
    I think they are limited to the space that's already up there. Behind it is about a straight vertical drop down to the golf course.

What is the rectangular structure to the right of the gated camera area?

Quote Originally Posted by tip79 View Post
    What is the rectangular structure to the right of the gated camera area?
    Elevator shaft by the looks of it.
    Is there going to be expansion in the other direction? Or just to the right?

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    I think they are limited to the space that's already up there. Behind it is about a straight vertical drop down to the golf course.
    That problem could be over come if they wanted to move forward that way. I am just glad to see the new improvements to the press box. Progress! Thank you donors! And yes that is an elevator that is being installed to the press box.
    Anchor Up!
    Last edited by champgymusa; 07-27-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    That problem could be solved by shaving off some of the golf course and trucking in a ****ton of dirt.

Lubbers already has the nicest gliac facilities. My grandson Caleb (Lowell) was very impressed when he visited there this summer. His top two D2 choices are GV and FSU. D1 is MSU. He got a mention on State Champs review. Cass Tech #1 Lowell #2.

I doubt they'll ever go up on the west side of Lubbers - especially now that they've expanding the current box. I'm sure any future expansion will be completing the horseshoe shape by bringing the west and east sides together with the student section - minus a gap in each corner for entrances into the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Lubbers already has the nicest gliac facilities. My grandson Caleb (Lowell) was very impressed when he visited there this summer. His top two D2 choices are GV and FSU. D1 is MSU. He got a mention on State Champs review. Cass Tech #1 Lowell #2.
    He should look at Ashland

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by richald View Post
    He should look at Ashland
    He'll get lost in that recruit class of 100+

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    So somebody sent me a picture today, looks like there's been a little more work done to Lubbers this offseason.

Lubbers from last year I believe.....

Image from earlier today.....

Going to miss watching my Panther's play in Lubber's. Some GREAT memories and games there. Your game day experience is top notch for D2.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Going to miss watching my Panther's play in Lubber's. Some GREAT memories and games there. Your game day experience is top notch for D2.
    You can still drive up and watch some games ya know! Good luck in your new league, personally I will miss playing ODU, those were always good games.

Quote Originally Posted by champgymusa View Post
    You can still drive up and watch some games ya know! Good luck in your new league, personally I will miss playing ODU, those were always good games.
    Well you just never know? I do have plans to make it back to Grand Haven but it will have to wait until next summer. Appreciate it Champ and no doubt GVSU will do what they do best. A meeting in the playoffs would be exciting but I don't want to get ahead. Need to make it through week 1 against #8 Cal on the road.