Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Movin' on up...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,410
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    31467

    Default Movin' on up...

    KAITLYN FRATZ, member of VULCANS WBB 2015 NC team and MVP of the ELITE EIGHT, has just been named RECRUITING COORDINATOR for the MARYLAND TERPS WBB program. She just finished 2 years as grad asst @ VALDOSTA STATE. Impressive start for her post playing career.

  2. Default Re: Movin' on up...

    I believe that she is from the Old Line State of Maryland. Is she the one who looked like one of the Olsen twins?

    -

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,410
    Rep Power
    31467

    Default Re: Movin' on up...

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I believe that she is from the Old Line State of Maryland. Is she the one who looked like one of the Olsen twins?

    -
    From ACCIDENT, MD and I suppose she does look a bit OLSEN-like, though a good deal more intense. When she does get her first HC job, I see her as the polar opposite of JESS STROM and very much a screamer.

  4. Default Re: Movin' on up...

    Okay, I remember her better now. She was the one who just absolutely killed a senior-laden IUP WBB team that I had big hopes for. I believe I entitled the affair as "A Fratzing To Remember." I was basically more or less sent into program exile after that most disappointing home drubbing. That was pretty hard to take!

    But nice job she landed. The big time.

    -

  5. #5

    Default Re: Movin' on up...

    I think I remember that game ... the one at the KCAC when Tom couldn't have stopped Cal's three-point shooting if he had 10 players on the floor. They were on fire that night.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,410
    Rep Power
    31467

    Default Re: Movin' on up...

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I think I remember that game ... the one at the KCAC when Tom couldn't have stopped Cal's three-point shooting if he had 10 players on the floor. They were on fire that night.
    Though only a .301 three point shooter on the season, K FRATZ was 5/7 that night at the KCAC and led CALU scoring with 21 pts. She definitely had a knack for raising her game when the occasion called for it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,869
    Rep Power
    172231

    Default Re: Movin' on up...

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Okay, I remember her better now. She was the one who just absolutely killed a senior-laden IUP WBB team that I had big hopes for. I believe I entitled the affair as "A Fratzing To Remember." I was basically more or less sent into program exile after that most disappointing home drubbing. That was pretty hard to take!

    But nice job she landed. The big time.

    -
    The last game I called for CUTV was the IUP/Cal double-header at a near empty AngeloDome, so I didn't have the misfortune of seeing that shellacking at the KCAC. What I remember was the usually dependable Ashley Stoner with a rare missed foul shot with seconds left in regulation to force overtime.

  8. Default Re: Movin' on up...

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    The last game I called for CUTV was the IUP/Cal double-header at a near empty AngeloDome, so I didn't have the misfortune of seeing that shellacking at the KCAC. What I remember was the usually dependable Ashley Stoner with a rare missed foul shot with seconds left in regulation to force overtime.
    Okay, I do recall that one now as well. I guess the shellacking at IUP was a good thing IF you happened to be a Cal fan. That senior class of IUP gals were an outstanding bunch of good people and good players but they just seemed to lack that killer instinct you need sometimes. Early in their IUP tenure I had a premonition that something really big was going to happen in March of 2015. Well, I guess I was right. Too bad it was something big for the Cal crowd instead of the Crimson faithful.

    -

  9. Default Re: Movin' on up...

    I sure do miss those cal iup games when those girls were playing. Looking forward to some great PSAC womens basketball this year!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •