Thread: Odu vs calu

Default Odu vs calu

This is an interesting opening game. Two teams have never faced each other and I personally dont know much about ODU. What are you guys thoughts on this game?

2. Default Re: Odu vs calu

I think this will be a very competitive and entertaining game but I give the nod to Cal. Over the past three seasons ODU has had tremendous success against everyone in the GLIAC but Ashland, GVSU & Ferris State. All of those teams were nationally ranked. Three years ago I think ODU would have crushed Cal as they went deep into the playoffs. After the coaching change, the Panthers are still good nust not top-20 good as they once were. ODU has size on both lines and very good QB & RB play. I certainly think the GMAC is only a three horse race this year, in no specific order it will be Hillsdale, ODU & Findlay. All three of these teams would be on the top quarter tier of the PSAC. Cal is certainly the bell-cow of the PSAC and should win this game with a score like 28-17 or 31-24.

Another non OOC game to watch is Ashland at IUP. I like the Eagles to win this by at least a TD but IUP is very good at home.

Both of these contests have to be considered the highlights of the PSAC's non-conference schedule.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Odu vs calu

Quote Originally Posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
    I think this will be a very competitive and entertaining game but I give the nod to Cal. Over the past three seasons ODU has had tremendous success against everyone in the GLIAC but Ashland, GVSU & Ferris State. All of those teams were nationally ranked. Three years ago I think ODU would have crushed Cal as they went deep into the playoffs. After the coaching change, the Panthers are still good nust not top-20 good as they once were. ODU has size on both lines and very good QB & RB play. I certainly think the GMAC is only a three horse race this year, in no specific order it will be Hillsdale, ODU & Findlay. All three of these teams would be on the top quarter tier of the PSAC. Cal is certainly the bell-cow of the PSAC and should win this game with a score like 28-17 or 31-24.

Another non OOC game to watch is Ashland at IUP. I like the Eagles to win this by at least a TD but IUP is very good at home.

Both of these contests have to be considered the highlights of the PSAC's non-conference schedule.
    Agreed. Kudos to both Ashland and ODU for amping up some interesting non-con opponents. ODU opens with Cal, Ashland, and then FCS Penn. That's a heavy-duty first three games, and all are on the road. They'll either be well-seasoned, or downright bloody come week 4...maybe both. I can tell you right now, regardless of ODU's record after that stretch I would NOT want to be Lake Erie rolling into Columbus for the Panthers' home-opener. Yikes.

I am really interested to see how these PSAC games shake out. I think Ashland and IUP is really interesting, and same with ODU at Cal. Then to see ODU and Ashland play each other the following week...excitin'!

4. Default Re: Odu vs calu

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Nicolette View Post
    Agreed. Kudos to both Ashland and ODU for amping up some interesting non-con opponents. ODU opens with Cal, Ashland, and then FCS Penn. That's a heavy-duty first three games, and all are on the road. They'll either be well-seasoned, or downright bloody come week 4...maybe both. I can tell you right now, regardless of ODU's record after that stretch I would NOT want to be Lake Erie rolling into Columbus for the Panthers' home-opener. Yikes.

I am really interested to see how these PSAC games shake out. I think Ashland and IUP is really interesting, and same with ODU at Cal. Then to see ODU and Ashland play each other the following week...excitin'!
    Agree 100%. Question I have about ODU is will the exit of Bruney to WJU reverberate through ODU's coaching staff. It's really hard to fill positions this time of year if any coaches leave to follow Bruney. Def something to watch out for.