Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New UWG Thread

Contribute to D2

Default Re: New UWG Thread

There are a few guys on the field that are not on the roster yet.

I really do not understand why more people do not throw it to the TE? He looks the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Braves'86 View Post
    There are a few guys on the field that are not on the roster yet.
    And a few guys on the roster that won't be when the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lions96 View Post
    I really do not understand why more people do not throw it to the TE? He looks the part.
    We've always had TEs that looked the part. There was one during the Dickey era that made All-GSC and I still can't figure out why. His stats weren't anything to write home about and he wasn't a devastating blocker, at least not like Eric Newman was.

Quote Originally Posted by Braves'86 View Post
    We've always had TEs that looked the part. There was one during the Dickey era that made All-GSC and I still can't figure out why. His stats weren't anything to write home about and he wasn't a devastating blocker, at least not like Eric Newman was.
    Had a TE year before last make the All American list, missed the first 3 or 4 games of the season,and I don't remember him catching a pass.

6. Default Re: New UWG Thread

New left tackle they call Dez is an animal and our receiving core appears to be stacked. If our backfield stays healthy and some young lineman step up big time our offense looks deadly.

I hope that young defense is having a good camp. August 31st is coming fast!

7. Default Re: New UWG Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UWGKOTK View Post
    New left tackle they call Dez is an animal and our receiving core appears to be stacked. If our backfield stays healthy and some young lineman step up big time our offense looks deadly.

I hope that young defense is having a good camp. August 31st is coming fast!
    Watched practice today, full pads. Offense looks like they are going to be good, very good WR's, TE's all looked good and the RB's. QB's are good, who will start is the ? All look good and are ready for their time in the game. Defense? Head hunters... Going to be interesting. This looks a team not to be taken lightly.

The University of West Georgia has started its fall semester with its eighth straight year of record enrollment, which also marks historic levels in the median grade point average and SAT scores of incoming freshmen.

According to the university, the new preliminary numbers come on the heels of a 6-percent increase in the university’s four-year graduation rate for the 2016-17 school year.

UWG reported that between 13,650 and 13,700 students are enrolled for classes this fall, according to preliminary figures. This is about 500 students more than last fall semester.

That is fantastic. Good job by the administration at West Georgia. Lots of kids that will hopefully also become full time West Georgia Wolves fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterwolf View Post
    Watched practice today, full pads. Offense looks like they are going to be good, very good WR's, TE's all looked good and the RB's. QB's are good, who will start is the ? All look good and are ready for their time in the game. Defense? Head hunters... Going to be interesting. This looks a team not to be taken lightly.
    Would you say you guys will be...good?

11. Default Re: New UWG Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderwolves Fan View Post
    Would you say you guys will be...good?
    Lol, good? Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterwolf View Post
    Lol, good? Yes!
    Good this year, great next year. Ten Seniors on the roster.

13. Default Re: New UWG Thread

Anybody watch the scrimmage today?

Was not at the scrimmage, but I hear they went over 80 plays. I hear camp has been brutal! Glad they can dress a lot of guys for the first few games to see who will shine under the lights.

I hope some kids that never see the field in a game got to play a bit.

The anticipation is building. Coach Dean is no hype all business. Kinda like 2014, but with more talent and a kicker.
    I booked my flight and will be there on the 31st!

17. Default Re: New UWG Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf King View Post
    Good this year, great next year. Ten Seniors on the roster.
    Not going to mouth off this year, learned lesson. Roster looks impressive. Hope this team the best, lots of talent on both sides. Special team, looks GOOD! had to add good for a reason, They are....

18. Default Re: New UWG Thread

Yes, I was humbled last year, but I'm still going to talk trash!!! This team is going to surprise the critiques. They KNOW that last year 7-4 was a major disappointment. "Redemption" will be my weekly key word!!

GO WOLVES!!!

As Les Miles said "I like us and I like us in every game." Doesn't mean we're going to win them all but we'll be in them to win them all.

When you take time and think about it things were not as bad as they seem. I think they had the lead at half in three of the four losses. I know everybody talks this, but if they make a few plays and they are 8-2 and in the playoffs. They won 30 games in three years. Not a lot of teams can say that. I don't think the guys ever gave up and that is a testament to the players and staff.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast