Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1600

Thread: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by pantherfan View Post
    That is a very fair assessment. He does bring a lot to the team. I'd love to see him grab a medical redshirt for this year and have 4 more years to do some big things.

On another note, we obviously have several young guys that probably didn't get as much playing time as they wanted. I would predominantly point to Fort and Seaton as those guys. Both got minutes and had contributions in those minutes, but they also had stretches were they didnt touch the floor all night. Does anyone think we may lose a couple of guys to transfers? I'm hoping we don't, but I'm not so naive as to think that these boys don't want to see the court every chance they can.
    There's always the possibility of losing some players during the off season. One thing we know is that Hunter Noffsinger is gone. He went through senior day and is graduating. I guess he probably still had at least a year of eligibility left, but by the same token he was a walk-on so that doesn't free up scholarship.

All I know for sure is that it is a process that takes time. We went through this exact same scenario when Coach Lee was first hired. Cooper will get his program installed, the caliber of players being recruited will improve, and we'll be contenders again. I firmly believe this to be true.

Also, Zach Hopewell is a guy that showed what he can do in flashes this season. If he can become consistent with his shooting and overall production, he's the kind of player that could put up 20 ppg for us in the next couple of years.

3. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I think these points are spot on. I have heard Cooper has a couple of full rides in his pocket. Wants a big and a PG to transfer in.

This summer is very important. Many should stay in Owensboro take a couple of classes and get in the gym/weight room every day.

I hope to see some pride and hard play these last two games. Having said that I would not be unhappy losing both. I want Findlay to host regional and with some luck (win out+upsets)we could get one or two more in tourney.

Would love to see the Panthers pull off one big upset tonight.

We all would but methinks the region will be played in Romeoville regardless

Findlay has a very nice facility, a great pep band, and a horrible fight song. And a very good basketball team. KWC will be back soon, though. Don't get too comfortable in that top spot.

7. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I sound like a broken record because this team plays like one.

For 4 minutes KWC falls apart again. From 15:14 to 11:14 KWC and Findlay each have 9 possessions. KWC is outscored 16-0, turning the ball over 5 times and missing 2 3's and 2 2's. Findlay commits 0 turnovers making 2 3's and 5 2's, while missing one each.

Quote Originally Posted by kdubnation View Post
    Findlay has a very nice facility, a great pep band, and a horrible fight song. And a very good basketball team. KWC will be back soon, though. Don't get too comfortable in that top spot.
    Glad you liked the place and, yes, we really do need to do something about that fight song.

9. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Blown away by today’s performance! Sad to see the season end, but can’t wait to see what comes of this offseason.

Great job by the Panthers today, things are looking up. Hang in there.

11. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    Great job by the Panthers today, things are looking up. Hang in there.
    Thanks for the encouragement. I anticipate I’ll be watching Findlay make a deep run. Good luck in the postseason!

Quote Originally Posted by pantherfan View Post
    Blown away by today’s performance! Sad to see the season end, but can’t wait to see what comes of this offseason.
    Great to have a performance like that to end the season. A little momentum to take into the offseason!

13. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I already see dozens of transfers that could help next year. I do not know Coopers plans for transfers I have heard that he knows frost will not get him the Ws he needs.

14. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I don't see many transfers next year....here is a HS signee:
    3/13/2019
    Ben Sisson Signs with Wesleyan

OWENSBORO, Ky. – Ben Sisson has signed to play basketball at Kentucky Wesleyan College according to Head Men's Basketball Coach Drew Cooper.

Sisson hails from Fort Thomas, Kentucky where he attends Highlands High School. The 6'6'' center has been named to the 36th District All-Tournament team the past two seasons and brought home 9th Region All-Tournament honors this season.

The 2019 season saw Sisson earn both Division II Player of the Year and Division II Defensive Player of the Year honors from the Northern Kentucky Boys Basketball Coaches Association. He was also named the Region 9 Player of the Year.

"Kentucky Wesleyan became the obvious choice for me. For one, the tradition of basketball in Owensboro is unmatched at the Division II level," commented Sisson. "And beyond that, I felt comfortable with the coaching staff and the players that will be my future teammates. The coaching staff helped me see how I can play a major role in bringing back this program and restoring the winning culture."

Sisson averaged 16.7 points and 10 rebounds per game, helping Highlands to a 19-10 record for their first winning record in nine years. Sisson boasted a shooting percentage of 69% which is among the best in the commonwealth.

"The Panthers are getting a great player and an even better young man. Ben's enthusiasm, relentless pursuit of excellence, and skill level will excite the Wesleyan faithful," noted Highlands Head Coach Kevin Listerman. "He is a great student, tireless worker, and a fantastic teammate."

15. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Kevin Listerman.....now there is a blast from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by WKYDave View Post
    I don't see many transfers next year....here is a HS signee:
    3/13/2019
    Ben Sisson Signs with Wesleyan

OWENSBORO, Ky. – Ben Sisson has signed to play basketball at Kentucky Wesleyan College according to Head Men's Basketball Coach Drew Cooper.

Sisson hails from Fort Thomas, Kentucky where he attends Highlands High School. The 6'6'' center has been named to the 36th District All-Tournament team the past two seasons and brought home 9th Region All-Tournament honors this season.

The 2019 season saw Sisson earn both Division II Player of the Year and Division II Defensive Player of the Year honors from the Northern Kentucky Boys Basketball Coaches Association. He was also named the Region 9 Player of the Year.

"Kentucky Wesleyan became the obvious choice for me. For one, the tradition of basketball in Owensboro is unmatched at the Division II level," commented Sisson. "And beyond that, I felt comfortable with the coaching staff and the players that will be my future teammates. The coaching staff helped me see how I can play a major role in bringing back this program and restoring the winning culture."

Sisson averaged 16.7 points and 10 rebounds per game, helping Highlands to a 19-10 record for their first winning record in nine years. Sisson boasted a shooting percentage of 69% which is among the best in the commonwealth.

"The Panthers are getting a great player and an even better young man. Ben's enthusiasm, relentless pursuit of excellence, and skill level will excite the Wesleyan faithful," noted Highlands Head Coach Kevin Listerman. "He is a great student, tireless worker, and a fantastic teammate."

I don't see him as a center in DII, but he can fill the bill as a power forward that Wesleyan so desperately needs.

17. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

End of season update of transfers from last year..... 2 made NCAA D2 tourny and 1 made NAIA tourny
    Malek Harris - LSU-Alexandria (NAIA) 30-4, Lost in NAIA Elite 8 - 9 pts/5 reb/2 assts ave 24 minutes/game - 21 points Started 26 of 33 games 2nd Team All-Conference

Dakota Quinn - MidAmerica Nazarene (NAIA) 16-14 - 14 pts/10 reb/5 blks ave 30 min/game - 24 points high #1 in shots blocked and #6 in Reb/game in NAIA Started 28 of 30 games

Evan Milligan - Life (NAIA) 19-14 - 15 pts(92.5% FT)/7 reb ave 30 min/game - 28 points high #1 in FT % in NAIA Started 31 of 32 games

Rasheide Bell - Delta St (D2) 19-12 NCAA South #7 seed (lost 1st round) - 12 pts (41.5% from 3) (79.6% FT)/5 reb/3 assts ave 31 min/game - 28 points high Started 27 of 31 games

Chandler Redix - St. Martins (D2) 26-6 NCAA West #3 seed (lost Regional Final) – 11 pts/3 reb/3 assts ave 27 min/game - 25 points high Started all games 2nd Team All-Conference

Colton Elkins - Georgetown (NAIA) 28-4 - 4 pts/3 reb ave 15 min/game - 14 points high – Only played 7 games; last in January

18. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Good info..thanks Harris played but did not to much.... fans think he was the worst four star ever

19. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Is KWC football on fire or what? What a coaching staff!!

20. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Good info..thanks Harris played but did not to much.... fans think he was the worst four star ever
    I don't know about that....He played all of his last year hurt and missed 1/3 of his 1st season hurt but was 3rd leading scorer behind Boswell and Jacks.

He sacrificed his health his last year here to try to help a struggling team as his knee/leg problem never completely healed.

I think it would be fairer to say he was a 4 star HS player who didn't perform as expected due to health and coaching!