Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1193

Thread: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by alumnifan View Post
    I hope he signs. Here is a Hudl link.

https://www2.hudl.com/profile/4902650/Pierce-Kiesler

Cooper has the HS alma mater advantage.

And if you scroll down enough, you see he has SportsCenter experience.

2. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

He has decent size, 230 lbs. I did notice he is getting looks from lower D 1 programs, Morehead etc. He hasnt signed yet but he is exactly what lazy Happy didnt get for the program

He would be a perfect fit at KWC. His size as a shooting/power forward in D2 is perfect. He is very familiar with the Sportscenter, as noted from the HUDL video, possibly one of the reasons he was offered. These high school players have to be making a decision soon. All players including transfers have to make a decision soon on which college they will play for. It's almost the middle of April, by May they have to be signing somewhere if they are true scholarship players.

4. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by alumnifan View Post
    He would be a perfect fit at KWC. His size as a shooting/power forward in D2 is perfect. He is very familiar with the Sportscenter, as noted from the HUDL video, possibly one of the reasons he was offered. These high school players have to be making a decision soon. All players including transfers have to make a decision soon on which college they will play for. It's almost the middle of April, by May they have to be signing somewhere if they are true scholarship players.
    It is not unusual for players who matriculate to a DII to not do so until the summer after their senior year. Way too many wait for that DI offer and an large percentage of those ultimately regret the wait and look to transfer. I do like the looks of this guy and would think that he could be dominant at the DII level and also play on a DI team. I remember a player from Ferdinand a few years ago who could shoot the lights out, was 6'8" and signed with SIU Carbondale. Unfortunately he was a step or two slow and ended up at a NAIA school which is probably where he should have went initially. I wonder how quick this young man is?

5. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Each year hundreds of young men make the mistake of going where they stop growing as a player and while they were a leader in high school in college they feel and act like a failure when stuck on the bench.

I ran into coach Cooper over the weekend and congratulated him on his new job. Y'all be glad to know he was wearing his KWC garb. He seemed optimistic that we would get a BU v. KWC game this coming season.

7. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

thanks KM I hope we have a team that would make it interesting.

8. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

You’re joking right? Bellarmine is absolutely loaded and kwc is and has been awful for a while now. U think this cat is gunna change things over night? Kwc isn’t even on the radar any more.

9. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    You’re joking right? Bellarmine is absolutely loaded and kwc is and has been awful for a while now. U think this cat is gunna change things over night? Kwc isn’t even on the radar any more.
    He said he "Hoped" KWC could make it interesting against Bellarmine. One look at your latest posts page confirms that you are in hyper jerk mode.

Quote Originally Posted by crazznewt View Post
    He said he "Hoped" KWC could make it interesting against Bellarmine. One look at your latest posts page confirms that you are in hyper jerk mode.
    Slayer is always in hyper jerk mode. That's the only reason he gets on this message board.

11. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Anything on recruiting guys? Need to fill all but 3 slots, thought someone would be signed by now

Well, we got four new guys.

I wish at least a couple more from the current roster were staying.

http://kwcpanthers.com/news/2018/5/1...f-signees.aspx

Aside from having no jump shot, Erik Bell is a very good point guard. I've heard the coaching staff didn't renew the scholarships of the others that hadn't already left. I'd also heard that at least some of them were not committed to staying anyway, they just hadn't announced that they were transferring yet. So who knows. I do like that he's getting Kentucky kids, not to mention a local Owensboro product in Boyle. That's the kind of signee that puts butts in the seats in a town like ours.

14. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Interesting signs...interesting not exciting! I think for the next couple of years we will take our lumps but these one or two years and done guys do nothing for the school. They do not respect what they have.

These new guys will play hard, play team ball and then raise families in Kentucky. If Coop is as good a coach as I think the team will in a couple of year be better than the players.

It will not surprise me when we go NAIA. Playing schools in Ky., Ind.,Tenn. makes a lot of sense. Basketball is the heart and soul of KWC but sometimes you must use your head.

Title IX has killed/wounded many good things.

15. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

The 2 that are staying were not the 2 i was hoping that would stay. I hope we are kidding about NAIA. Boyle was not on my radar, as i only thought one player locally that was a senior was good enough to be competitive on the D 2 level. It is refreshing to see we are signing High School seniors though. I thought it was interesting that we lost the st x kid to wheeling/jesuit, a d2 program in WV. Hopefully we can be competitive in a couple of years

16. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Probably shouldn't joke about going NAIA. Before you know it your administration will start thinking and that's rarely a good thing.

17. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Hatton and Harris leaving the program takes us from a "not good" team to a "bad" one FAST...I think we will be lucky to win 10 games next year. The fact that they are holding up a walk-on who has been on crutches the last two years due to knee injuries tells you something. Can the program survive 3+ losing seasons in a row?

10 games could be a stretch. This next season is shaping up to possibly being the worst KWC basketball team ever. I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems a little early in Coach Cooper's tenure to already be starting the "sky is falling" talk...

20. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I do agree with you, u have to give him at least 3 years to see if he is building the program back up. We are not use to high school players, and evaluating them