Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

No, Bellarmine is not more relevant. If they had Football they would be more relevant. Bellarmine and Wesleyan go way back. I like Bellarmine. The G-MAC will be as good as the other two conferences, if not better this upcoming season. Get used to it.

I would bet a large amount of money that Scott Davenport has never had a recruit ask him about football at Bellarmine and he certainly has not lost a recruit because Bellarmine does not have a football team.

Webster definition of Relevant. 1.Relation to the matter at hand.

I just don't think Bellarmine is more relevant in their athletic department. That is my opinion. Not everything in life is about who wins by a few points.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 07-11-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Agree with your definition. The "matter at hand" was Bellarmine's v. KWC's ability to sign high school basketball players. I'm really not sure about who is more relevant (to me something is either relevant or not relevant), but football is definitely irrevlevant to the matter at hand.

5. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

You think KWC football is relevant and impacts basketball recruitment? Just because you have football doesn't mean it's relevant!

Quote Originally Posted by alumnifan View Post
    No, Bellarmine is not more relevant. If they had Football they would be more relevant. Bellarmine and Wesleyan go way back. I like Bellarmine. The G-MAC will be as good as the other two conferences, if not better this upcoming season. Get used to it.

6. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I see we've reached the "mid-summer have a ridiculous argument" stage of the year.

I am saying that the Bellarmine name is not more relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    I see we've reached the "mid-summer have a ridiculous argument" stage of the year.
    I didn't realize that was limited to a certain time of year. Apparently most of us are ill-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Quite a few reasons. The Bellarmine name is more relevant. 17 year old kids don't care about what happened in the 60s. Bellarmine has a coach who makes kids better players. Academically Bellarmine is a better option and Louisville is a far more attractive place to spend 4 years.

QUOTE=Purplebuckeye;2061586]Bellermine does it successfully why can't we, the D2 school that has the most championship banners hanging up? It's easier to sign juco, transfer players than a quality high school kid
    [/QUOTE]
    Kentucky Wesleyan does not live in the 1960s? Where do you get that?

Do we respect our tradition? Absolutely! The record book is never going away.

Wesleyan's Academic Mission has never changed. We honor and encourage first generation college students. We are not a University and never have been since 1858. Why is that less? Wesleyan has been named among the best Baccalaureate​ Colleges in Kentucky and the South. That is a fact!

Not every kid wants to attend a college in Louisville.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 07-11-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Recruiting is all about the coaches. The rest of it matters, but only secondarily.

Right now Davenport is doing a great job. There is no guarantee the next guy will be able to sustain it.

11. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I know you bleed purple and that is admirable. But saying KWC is more relevant is completely ridiculous. KWC Football is known as being a joke.

I am saying that the Bellarmine name is not more relevant.

I know you bleed purple and that is admirable. But saying KWC is more relevant is completely ridiculous. KWC Football is known as being a joke.
    KWC Football is Not A Joke. Tell Keelan Cole it is. He has a three year RFA contract with the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars. He is not the first NFL player KWC has produced either. USI doesn't know what a football looks like. Do you realize the cost, complexity and staff it takes to operate a D2 Football team? It's no joke.

I NEVER said KWC was more relevant than anybody. I did say Bellarmine is not more relevant. What is Relevant? I gave you the definition.

14. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I NEVER said KWC was more relevant than anybody. I did say Bellarmine is not more relevant. What is Relevant? I gave you the definition.
    Just what is the matter at hand that causes Bellarine to be not more relevant. More relevant or less relevant than what?

15. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
    Just what is the matter at hand that causes Bellarine to be not more relevant. More relevant or less relevant than what?
    That's irrelevant.

Exactly!

17. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Exactly!
    We signed/offered another guard? Really?

18. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Makes no sense unless you look at what he did in junior college. Out played many D1 recruits. He is from Bellarmine back yard. He was recruited by signee Bell. He and Bell are recruiting other Indiana players. His is as close to a freshman as you can get. Always take the best player you can is a good rule.

19. Default Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Football at most schools is nothing more than a money pit. What was the average attendance at the games, maybe 300? Not a very good investment.

KWC Football is Not A Joke. Tell Keelan Cole it is. He has a three year RFA contract with the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars. He is not the first NFL player KWC has produced either. USI doesn't know what a football looks like. Do you realize the cost, complexity and staff it takes to operate a D2 Football team? It's no joke.

Football at most schools is nothing more than a money pit. What was the average attendance at the games, maybe 300? Not a very good investment.
    Iif they were a mid pack or above gulf south program they would be what I call legit. But they play made up schools like Gods Hands or something like that When they make D2 postseason last if ever?

Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast