Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Vulcan rebirth ??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,508
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    31611

    Default Vulcan rebirth ??

    Per @CoachMcBride2 the leading scorer and rebounder for the URBANA BLUE KNIGHTS last year will be at home in the ANGELODOME in the fall. 6'6" JAHMERE HOWZE averaged 16.3 PPG and 6.2 RPG as a freshman and seems a likely starter for the VULCANS. I like the direction of this first full recruiting class.😁

  2. #2

    Default Re: Vulcan rebirth ??

    Good signing.

    I followed Cal a lot last year. They became a pretty good team by the end. McBride is a winner. He's going to do well there.

    This young man from Urbana will be a great addition to Richardson under the basket. Tony is a great center in short spurts. He gets too winded playing long minutes. This guy will help a lot. I saw him play up here last year. Nice athlete.

    Hopefully the Cal men's crowd will start coming back. I've seen IUP rivalries come and go. None were ever as good as the IUP/Cal games.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,508
    Rep Power
    31611

    Default Re: Vulcan rebirth ??

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Good signing.

    I followed Cal a lot last year. They became a pretty good team by the end. McBride is a winner. He's going to do well there.

    This young man from Urbana will be a great addition to Richardson under the basket. Tony is a great center in short spurts. He gets too winded playing long minutes. This guy will help a lot. I saw him play up here last year. Nice athlete.

    Hopefully the Cal men's crowd will start coming back. I've seen IUP rivalries come and go. None were ever as good as the IUP/Cal games.
    As my avatar indicates, I've been following the CALU/IUP rivalry since before there was a U in either school's name. HAMER HALL was brand new and with less than half the # of students there were a lot of nights when it seemed pretty crowded and VERY NOISY. Those games between the VULCANS and the ah...err...INDIANS were a lot of fun.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    W.Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    4743

    Default Re: Vulcan rebirth ??

    Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    As my avatar indicates, I've been following the CALU/IUP rivalry since before there was a U in either school's name. HAMER HALL was brand new and with less than half the # of students there were a lot of nights when it seemed pretty crowded and VERY NOISY. Those games between the VULCANS and the ah...err...INDIANS were a lot of fun.
    ...And when I attended "Cal State," Hamer was just 5 years old! So I'm with 'ya!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    W.Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    4743

    Default Re: Vulcan rebirth ??

    Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Per @CoachMcBride2 the leading scorer and rebounder for the URBANA BLUE KNIGHTS last year will be at home in the ANGELODOME in the fall. 6'6" JAHMERE HOWZE averaged 16.3 PPG and 6.2 RPG as a freshman and seems a likely starter for the VULCANS. I like the direction of this first full recruiting class.
    Sounds like a great addition! Have there been any other new names floating around appertaining to the Vulcan Men's team? How about the Ladies' team? Any pick-ups you can name?


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,508
    Rep Power
    31611

    Default Re: Vulcan rebirth ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Feedoggie View Post
    Sounds like a great addition! Have there been any other new names floating around appertaining to the Vulcan Men's team? How about the Ladies' team? Any pick-ups you can name?

    On the men's side 6'3" G ISAIAH LEWIS (NYC) transfer from Temple, not sure of what year he'll be. Also 6'6" G/F PHILLIP ALEXANDER (LAUREL, MD) Mt Zion Prep freshman.
    For the women early commit 5'7" G BIANCA JASPER (MIDDLETOWN, PA) Middletown HS and 6'0" F TAYLIN TYLER (PGH,PA) Obama Academy
    That's all I've tracked down so far, but always looking.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •