Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hillsdale Alternate Helmet

Contribute to D2

Default New Hillsdale Alternate Helmet

I hope this grows on me.....not a fan.

Default Re: New Hillsdale Alternate Helmet

I like it.

Believe it or not, its the number side that I see having the bigger potential problem. Number placement is an art. They need to be centered and level when the helmet is worn (not on a table). Those numbers appear to be too far back and likely slanted when worn. Hillsdale needs to send someone on a field trip to visit with the Alabama Equipment Manager. Bama does it right. Georgia Southern seems to do a good job also. Penn State brought back numbers for one game a few years ago and they screwed it up. As a State College native who remembered Penn State numbered helmets from the 70s, it killed me.

I think the crest/shield looks okay. I do prefer the bolt though.

Like the crest. Not a fan of the number

Blog Entries

Fun to see the varying opinions. Will always be a fan of the bolt, but I do like the strip with the #. Have always dug that...for as much as I don't like Alabama, I've always liked the helmet. Not sure what to make of the crest. I normally like stuff like that, but not necessarily on a helmet...too intricate, maybe?

That's all just photoshop. I don't like either. If they want to go alternative, go throwback to the Air Force bolts or even the 1947 Michigan winged helmet.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but folks wouldn't necessarily know anything about this. To be honest, I'd like to think they could come up with a really cool block "H", or an interlocking "HC" of some kind. I have always dug stuff like that too.

Now that I'm thinking about it, you could do like an old script of some kind...think of Ole Miss's helmet, or the 70's/80's Maryland Helmet that just said "Terps" on the side. Take a script like that and have it say "The 'Dale" or something like that... "Chagas" maybe? Eh, maybe not that one...you'll get kids from the opposing team showing up with those big faces on sticks of Gsa Gsa Gabor or something.

I digress...

8. Default Re: New Hillsdale Alternate Helmet

Nice #s on the side is classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Nicolette View Post
    Yeah, but folks wouldn't necessarily know anything about this. To be honest, I'd like to think they could come up with a really cool block "H", or an interlocking "HC" of some kind. I have always dug stuff like that too.

Now that I'm thinking about it, you could do like an old script of some kind...think of Ole Miss's helmet, or the 70's/80's Maryland Helmet that just said "Terps" on the side. Take a script like that and have it say "The 'Dale" or something like that... "Chagas" maybe? Eh, maybe not that one...you'll get kids from the opposing team showing up with those big faces on sticks of Gsa Gsa Gabor or something.

I digress...

The script chargers was a one and done venture in 1978. This picture exemplifies the era and how people felt about those uniforms that were actually in Houston Oilers colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not necessarily opposed to alternate helmets. I just don't think there is any recognition with the coat of arms. I would rather see something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Default Re: New Hillsdale Alternate Helmet

Look at it this way..if it is a new white helmet at least your going to 80-90 new helmets...thats a quick 40K spent anyway you look at it...and thats some new head gear....not all bad...

Quote Originally Posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    Look at it this way..if it is a new white helmet at least your going to 80-90 new helmets...thats a quick 40K spent anyway you look at it...and thats some new head gear....not all bad...
    No, not all bad. The coat of arms though just makes me think of a fifth goody-goody Hogwarts house.

13. Default Re: New Hillsdale Alternate Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by chargerblue View Post
    No, not all bad. The coat of arms though just makes me think of a fifth goody-goody Hogwarts house.
    Before long they will have picture of Rush Limbaugh on one side and the new chapel on the other.

I need to stop by the Hillsdale campus to see this chapel. I've seen many references to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    I need to stop by the Hillsdale campus to see this chapel. I've seen many references to it.
    Right now it's a big hole in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    Before long they will have picture of Rush Limbaugh on one side and the new chapel on the other.
    Pretty good!

17. Default Re: New Hillsdale Alternate Helmet

Right now it's a big hole in the ground.
    Speaking of chapels any chance Hillsdale puts in that indoor turf building one of these years?

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBlueandWhite View Post
    Speaking of chapels any chance Hillsdale puts in that indoor turf building one of these years?
    Who knows? They've literally had steel for that thing in their possession for years. There are lots of things on the docket like a new track facility and a stadium revamp. I think it's really a matter of donors. The chapel got built because a generous couple was on campus and asked where the kids went to church. That led to $12,500,000 and boom the chapel gets built.

Those type of donors have been responsible for the arena upgrades and the track and tennis building. Football will need that in order to get this accomplished.
    Last edited by chargerblue; 05-19-2017 at 09:26 AM.

19. Default Re: New Hillsdale Alternate Helmet

Who knows? They've literally had steel for that thing in their possession for years. There are lots of things on the docket like a new track facility and a stadium revamp. I think it's really a matter of donors. The chapel got built because a generous couple was on campus and asked where the kids went to church. That led to $12,500,000 and boom the chapel gets built.

Those type of donors have been responsible for the arena upgrades and the track and tennis building. Football will need that in order to get this accomplished.
    In an unrelated note, my son walked last Saturday - great commencement ceremony. Was impressed to see Otter position himself nears the stairs of the stage hugging his players after they received diplomas. So glad my son played for that man - total class.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBlueandWhite View Post
    In an unrelated note, my son walked last Saturday - great commencement ceremony. Was impressed to see Otter position himself nears the stairs of the stage hugging his players after they received diplomas. So glad my son played for that man - total class.
    That is the kind of stuff that makes me so proud to be a Charger! Congrats not only to your son but to you for all of the great parenting it takes to get a kid to that point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast