Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G-MAC Football

Default G-MAC Football

I didn't see a generic thread, so I started one.

BTW - the helmet project now has a G-MAC page.

http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Default Re: G-MAC Football

The Helmet project is pretty neat. If I am not mistaken KWC is the oldest football program in the G-MAC, at least for now.

Wesleyan seems to reinvent the helmet logo often. It seems like the first helmets used in the early 80's were pretty basic. I think they were just white with a purple stripe.

Wesleyan had a Football program when the college was located in Winchester, KY. I can't remember why it ended. It either had to do with one of the Wars or the great depression. The college only had baseball and basketball when it moved to Owensboro.

3. Default Re: G-MAC Football

Quote Originally Posted by alumnifan View Post
    The Helmet project is pretty neat. If I am not mistaken KWC is the oldest football program in the G-MAC, at least for now.

Hillsdale College has had a football team since 1888.

He stated at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerFan17 View Post
    Hillsdale College has had a football team since 1888.
    1891 - This will be Team 125.

KWC started football in 1907. The program was disbanded in 1930 due to financial reasons.

In 1982 the Football team was resurrected. Their first game was against Kentucky State. I was in attendance.

I never said the program was older than the ones coming in. I hope the attendance goes up in the Fall. Wesleyan was promised $10 million in scholarship money from a philanthropic org. The students have to come from the Las Vegas area. I am not sure if they have any Nevada Football players yet. One is on the basketball team.

Wesleyan seems to reinvent the helmet logo often. It seems like the first helmets used in the early 80's were pretty basic. I think they were just white with a purple stripe.

Wesleyan had a Football program when the college was located in Winchester, KY. I can't remember why it ended. It either had to do with one of the Wars or the great depression. The college only had baseball and basketball when it moved to Owensboro.
    MG's helmets is an even better site because the helmets are bigger and look realistic. But the site owner tends to be slower to update helmet changes. http://www.mghelmets.com/
    Go Battlers!
    Last edited by crixus; 05-22-2017 at 02:49 AM.

I know some of those helmets are out of date. KWC seems to change theirs every year now.

I never said the program was older than the ones coming in. I hope the attendance goes up in the Fall. Wesleyan was promised $10 million in scholarship money from a philanthropic org. The students have to come from the Las Vegas area. I am not sure if they have any Nevada Football players yet. One is on the basketball team.
    I went to Hillsdale on a scholarship (academic) for Arizona kids.

Quote Originally Posted by chargerblue View Post
    I went to Hillsdale on a scholarship (academic) for Arizona kids.
    Those type of scholarships are invaluable for the local college or university and allow students to attend a private school that would often times be out of financial reach for a lot of students. I think in Wesleyan's case they are using them mostly for academic purposes. Still, it's at the discretion of the institution and they must meet the academic standards to get the full scholarship.

Those type of scholarships are invaluable for the local college or university and allow students to attend a private school that would often times be out of financial reach for a lot of students. I think in Wesleyan's case they are using them mostly for academic purposes. Still, it's at the discretion of the institution and they must meet the academic standards to get the full scholarship.
    The thing about academic money though is that a kid has to meet a high minimum standard (like a 3.75 gpa) for that money not to count against the 35 scholarship cap.

Quote Originally Posted by chargerblue View Post
    The thing about academic money though is that a kid has to meet a high minimum standard (like a 3.75 gpa) for that money not to count against the 35 scholarship cap.
    That maybe so, still it is my assumption that the institution could use that academic scholarship within the overall scholarship cap. I doubt many if any will be athletes. Just one player on the basketball team was from Nevada and only 10 players were on scholarship including him. There were no football recruits for the upcoming season from Nevada. Perhaps, my assumption was wrong. However, that money is to be spread out over a ten year period.

Quote Originally Posted by crixus View Post
    MG's helmets is an even better site because the helmets are bigger and look realistic. But the site owner tends to be slower to update helmet changes. http://www.mghelmets.com/
    Go Battlers!
    Meh, they seem to be 3 or 4 helmets back these days. I prefer the National Helmet Project site. But won't disrespect that the images are much nicer to view on the MG website.

This is a bit of useless information, and, I suppose, it's why I found it to be interesting. Looking at the directory of D2 schools that post, I became fascinated, for some reason, with the number of threads and posts. Here are the top posters and number of threads as of today; Friday, June 30: GAC - 113 threads, 1,670 post...GSC - only 13 threads, but 869 posts...LSC - only 18 threads, but 571 posts...GLVC - 34 threads, 461 posts...PSAC - 11 threads, 393 posts...General Discussion - 13 threads, 293 posts...NCIC - 11 threads, 280 posts...MIAA - 19 posts, 215 threads...and the conference with the biggest boasters: GLIAC - only 5 threads, and only 54 posts! Like I said, this is absolutely useless info, but I wonder in my small mind if there isn't a significance. Maybe Brandon has the answer

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by DaleDude View Post
    This is a bit of useless information, and, I suppose, it's why I found it to be interesting. Looking at the directory of D2 schools that post, I became fascinated, for some reason, with the number of threads and posts. Here are the top posters and number of threads as of today; Friday, June 30: GAC - 113 threads, 1,670 post...GSC - only 13 threads, but 869 posts...LSC - only 18 threads, but 571 posts...GLVC - 34 threads, 461 posts...PSAC - 11 threads, 393 posts...General Discussion - 13 threads, 293 posts...NCIC - 11 threads, 280 posts...MIAA - 19 posts, 215 threads...and the conference with the biggest boasters: GLIAC - only 5 threads, and only 54 posts! Like I said, this is absolutely useless info, but I wonder in my small mind if there isn't a significance. Maybe Brandon has the answer
    Apparently a ton of threads got scrubbed for some reason? I fell dirty responding to this.

17. Default Re: G-MAC Football

Quote Originally Posted by DaleDude View Post
    Take a look at the Basketball Section - Midwest Forum - 92 Threads.
    Two of those 92 Threads has over 1700 posts each. Probably the most active Forum on the entire site.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Apparently a ton of threads got scrubbed for some reason? I fell dirty responding to this.
    Scrub seems to be a bit uneven. For example, the oldest MEC football thread to make the cut was started on June 6, 2017 while oldest thread to make the GAC cut was September 1, 2016...oldest GLIAC thread was started June 3, 2017...oldest GMAC thread was started on December 13, 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
    Take a look at the Basketball Section - Midwest Forum - 92 Threads.
    Two of those 92 Threads has over 1700 posts each. Probably the most active Forum on the entire site.
    Well, thank you very much. The threads I started had over 1 Million views before the scrubbing. I really don't care. It's all about the kids.

UF @ Hillsdale on ESPN3 10/14!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast