Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mules fan reactions

Default Mules fan reactions

It looks like the reports of Kim Anderson becoming the next head basketball coach at Pitt State are most likely true as multiple news agencies are reporting this. Is this just a case of an unemployed coach taking a job or does anyone feel like your sister just got engaged to a bitter enemy. I really see Anderson going back to work but am unhappy that he will coach in the MIAA against the Mules. In a few years Pitt. State will be whipping the Mules, (a...es). Please share an opinion.

2. Default Re: Mules fan reactions

I think that it would be different if he quite Missouri, to come back and coach at Pittburgh State. At this point, its just a guy needing to feed his family. I don't know the whole background story with him, but he's probably not real comfortable going thru these discussions if he was as engrained in Central as it appears he might have been. Its like the old saying....beggars can't be choosers.

Default Re: Mules fan reactions

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I think that it would be different if he quite Missouri, to come back and coach at Pittburgh State. At this point, its just a guy needing to feed his family. I don't know the whole background story with him, but he's probably not real comfortable going thru these discussions if he was as engrained in Central as it appears he might have been. Its like the old saying....beggars can't be choosers.
    And yet at the same time it could just be that the dude wants to coach again, wants to do it in an area of the country where he's comfortable and has strong ties, and Pitt State happened to be the best available option for him to take over and start winning. I get the impression that, if this happened a year from now or 2-3 years from now, it would be some other D2 Missouri/Kansas-area school with an open head coaching position that snagged him. He may have personal ties to UCM, but when you know your old job isn't an option anymore, what else are you going to do?

I don't remember this angst from Mule Nation when our women's coach went directly to UCM without a stop at D1. Coaching is a business.

5. Default Re: Mules fan reactions

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    And yet at the same time it could just be that the dude wants to coach again, wants to do it in an area of the country where he's comfortable and has strong ties, and Pitt State happened to be the best available option for him to take over and start winning. I get the impression that, if this happened a year from now or 2-3 years from now, it would be some other D2 Missouri/Kansas-area school with an open head coaching position that snagged him. He may have personal ties to UCM, but when you know your old job isn't an option anymore, what else are you going to do?
    You'll be sining a different tune when Texas Tom leaves to go to USD, then quits and returns to the Coo position. :)

How would Northwest Missouri football fans feel if Adam Dorrel, is named head football coach at Missouri Southern in three years.

7. Default Re: Mules fan reactions

For some reason, I doubt he needs to worry about feeding his family or begging for a job. Dude just wants to Coach a few more years and I am sure where ever he goes he will make sure he has the commitment of the school to properly fund (assistants and recruiting) and promote the program. Pitt St. keeps him close to his family in a part of the country where he can access a multitude of transfers to quickly reshape his roster and compete at the highest level. Guessing Year 1 will be a challenge, but after that they will be a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mule4ever View Post
    It looks like the reports of Kim Anderson becoming the next head basketball coach at Pitt State are most likely true as multiple news agencies are reporting this. Is this just a case of an unemployed coach taking a job or does anyone feel like your sister just got engaged to a bitter enemy. I really see Anderson going back to work but am unhappy that he will coach in the MIAA against the Mules. In a few years Pitt. State will be whipping the Mules, (a...es). Please share an opinion.
    I think UCM would've had a bigger reason to feel that way if Anderson was a UCM alum. Though I guess being from 30 miles away in Sedalia, the feeling might not be that much different.

9. Default Re: Mules fan reactions

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I think UCM would've had a bigger reason to feel that way if Anderson was a UCM alum. Though I guess being from 30 miles away in Sedalia, the feeling might not be that much different.
    His parents were ucm alums along with his sister who is in the hall of fame. It is as close as one can get to being an alum.

As for going to Pitt, if he indeed does, I believe he still wants to coach and it is about his family, assistant Brad Loos. There is no way, IMO, that he takes the job without bringing Loos with him. Like I said before, Loos came to UCM as a grad assistant and left married with three kids. He is another son to Coach A and IMO, Coach A is more concerned about Brad and his family than he is for his own well being.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
    His parents were ucm alums along with his sister who is in the hall of fame. It is as close as one can get to being an alum.

As for going to Pitt, if he indeed does, I believe he still wants to coach and it is about his family, assistant Brad Loos. There is no way, IMO, that he takes the job without bringing Loos with him. Like I said before, Loos came to UCM as a grad assistant and left married with three kids. He is another son to Coach A and IMO, Coach A is more concerned about Brad and his family than he is for his own well being.
    Let's not forget UCM was the first college that gave Anderson a chance to be the head coach back in 2002 he was in Dallas working for the Big12

Loos took a job in fundraising with MU. I'm guessing he wants to stay there with doctors who have been working with his daughter rather than moving to Pittsburg. Good on MU for taking care of Brad and his family.

12. Default Re: Mules fan reactions

Let's not forget UCM was the first college that gave Anderson a chance to be the head coach back in 2002 he was in Dallas working for the Big12
    Pittsburg St's AD is a Jim Johnson (who worked at UCM) so Anderson accepted an offer to work for a guy he knows and trusts. Plus look at the way Mizzou went for him, even though a lot of it was more the situation than his coaching ability you gotta think a guy as competitive as Anderson doesn't want his career in coaching to end like that. I'm sure he'd love to be at UCM but he also respects other coaches greatly and knows that Karleskindt has the job and doesn't deserve to be fired. Besides, UCM and Pitt St aren't fierce rivals. I'm sure if it was NWMSU he'd never consider it.

13. Default Re: Mules fan reactions

As for going to Pitt, if he indeed does, I believe he still wants to coach and it is about his family, assistant Brad Loos. There is no way, IMO, that he takes the job without bringing Loos with him. Like I said before, Loos came to UCM as a grad assistant and left married with three kids. He is another son to Coach A and IMO, Coach A is more concerned about Brad and his family than he is for his own well being.[/QUOTE]

Loos passed on the UCM offer to go to MU with Coach Anderson. Loos is the one I was worried about. Kim will be fine no matter where he lands.

What I don't understand is why anyone at UCM would feel betrayed that Coach A would want continue his career? Basketball is in his blood. There currently is not an opening at UCM so it's not like he spurred an offer from UCM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuleLove View Post
    Loos passed on the UCM offer to go to MU with Coach Anderson. Loos is the one I was worried about. Kim will be fine no matter where he lands.

What I don't understand is why anyone at UCM would feel betrayed that Coach A would want continue his career? Basketball is in his blood. There currently is not an opening at UCM so it's not like he spurred an offer from UCM.[/QUOTE]
    Not about continuing a career any other conference would be fine. Wouldn't matter what school he went to out of the MIAA.

How would Northwest Missouri football fans feel if Adam Dorrel, is named head football coach at Missouri Southern in three years.
    I would just feel really bad for AD having to take that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhole View Post
    I'm sure if it was NWMSU he'd never consider it.
    Bull. Coaching is a business. If Northwest came calling he would consider it, and if the offer was right he'd take it in a minute. If not, he's a moron.

17. Default Re: Mules fan reactions

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    Loos took a job in fundraising with MU. I'm guessing he wants to stay there with doctors who have been working with his daughter rather than moving to Pittsburg. Good on MU for taking care of Brad and his family.
    I had not heard that but I am really glad for him.

On another thought, maybe Anderson does take the job, Johnson gets canned an KA takes over as AD. How's that for wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhole View Post
    Pittsburg St's AD is a Jim Johnson (who worked at UCM) so Anderson accepted an offer to work for a guy he knows and trusts. Plus look at the way Mizzou went for him, even though a lot of it was more the situation than his coaching ability you gotta think a guy as competitive as Anderson doesn't want his career in coaching to end like that. I'm sure he'd love to be at UCM but he also respects other coaches greatly and knows that Karleskindt has the job and doesn't deserve to be fired. Besides, UCM and Pitt St aren't fierce rivals. I'm sure if it was NWMSU he'd never consider it.
    Kathy worked for Northwest at one point.

19. Default Re: Mules fan reactions

Yes, Kathy was at NW prior to coming to UCM. She came shortly after Kim was hired as head coach.

Yes, Kathy was at NW prior to coming to UCM. She came shortly after Kim was hired as head coach.
    Great person. High integrity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast