Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Elite Eight

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    2,098
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    203

    Default Elite Eight

    At the time of this writing we know seven of the eight elite. Here is my prediction for seedings(don't think who wins East will make much difference) :

    1. NWMST
    2. BU
    3. FSU
    4. LMU
    5. COLO MINES
    6. CHICO
    7. St. Thomas Aquinas/St. Rose
    8. Rollins

    This is my predicted seeds, however, personally Lincoln Memorial has to be the favorite. Experienced team, last year's runner ups, just makes them hard to beat. Another team to watch out for is Chico St. After their run in the West regional they are rolling.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,034
    Rep Power
    2236

    Default Re: Elite Eight

    you're hoping that Chico is #6 seed...Bell would rather play winner of East than Chico...they could be a tough out, and would be interesting match up vs Fairmont......I thought the 4 #1's would be the top 4 seeds, but could be wrong.. Lincoln Memorial is athletic!

    If it plays out, which it never does, final 4 could be NW Mo vs Linc and Bell vs Fairmont...Those are some heavyweights!!!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Elite Eight

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
    you're hoping that Chico is #6 seed...Bell would rather play winner of East than Chico...they could be a tough out, and would be interesting match up vs Fairmont......I thought the 4 #1's would be the top 4 seeds, but could be wrong.. Lincoln Memorial is athletic!

    If it plays out, which it never does, final 4 could be NW Mo vs Linc and Bell vs Fairmont...Those are some heavyweights!!!
    I pretty much went by the last NABC poll except I think Lincoln has to get a little respect since they were there last year. It really doesn't matter if they are 4 or 5 except the color of the jersey they wear in the first game. Out of the upset winners, Chico is definitely the best. They beat the top 3 seeds in the West, which arguably was the toughest region this year. You are correct, I am hoping there is some way BU could avoid NW MO, LMU and Chico until the final. Maybe put Chico at 5 instead of 6!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,829
    Rep Power
    179455

    Default Re: Elite Eight

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    At the time of this writing we know seven of the eight elite. Here is my prediction for seedings(don't think who wins East will make much difference) :

    1. NWMST
    2. BU
    3. FSU
    4. LMU
    5. COLO MINES
    6. CHICO
    7. St. Thomas Aquinas/St. Rose
    8. Rollins

    This is my predicted seeds, however, personally Lincoln Memorial has to be the favorite. Experienced team, last year's runner ups, just makes them hard to beat. Another team to watch out for is Chico St. After their run in the West regional they are rolling.
    I agree with most of your seeding and Lincoln Memorial, even if they are playing without do it all forward Dorian Pinson, except I would flip Mines & Lincoln Memorial since Mines was a #1 seed.

    If any of you Bellarmine fans have questions about our fair city of Sioux Falls, just let me know.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Elite Eight

    I think the East winner will be the 8 seed. East was probably the worst region to start and then you have a relatively low seed winning it. I am not really sure about how the committee weighs the previous seeding. It really should not be as simple as the #1 seeds are all ahead of any non-number one, afterall, the two best teams in the country could have been playing in the same region. BTW, Rollins was 8-8 in January and are now 24-10, makinng them 16-2 in their last 18 games and currently on an 11 game win streak.

    Did the East championship get delayed on account of the weather?

    Did not realize that Pinson was out for LMU. Looks like he hasn't played since Feb 11. They have done well without him, but he could be a load. Very strong. I assume he is injured or did he leave the team for some other reason?

    I don't necessarily agree with Stalker's seeding, but I would like that to be the seeding. It would put BU on the opposite side of NWST and LMU, which would be pretty favorable. Not sure it matters that much, you are going to have to beat good teams to win it and at this point, anything short of a championship will be disappointing for BU. I would like to see them play the 7 or 8 seed to start, only because it would make a trip to Sioux Falls for Wed.'s game a little less risky for the one and done.
    Last edited by Knightmoves; 03-15-2017 at 09:31 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,829
    Rep Power
    179455

    Default Re: Elite Eight

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    I think the East winner will be the 8 seed. East was probably the worst region to start and then you have a relatively low seed winning it. I am not really sure about how the committee weighs the previous seeding. It really should not be as simple as the #1 seeds are all ahead of any non-number one, afterall, the two best teams in the country could have been playing in the same region. BTW, Rollins was 8-8 in January and are now 24-10, makinng them 16-2 in their last 18 games and currently on an 11 game win streak.

    Did the East championship get delayed on account of the weather?

    Did not realize that Pinson was out for LMU. Looks like he hasn't played since Feb 11. They have done well without him, but he could be a load. Very strong. I assume he is injured or did he leave the team for some other reason?

    I don't necessarily agree with Stalker's seeding, but I would like that to be the seeding. It would put BU on the opposite side of NWST and LMU, which would be pretty favorable. Not sure it matters that much, you are going to have to beat good teams to win it and at this point, anything short of a championship will be disappointing for BU. I would like to see them play the 7 or 8 seed to start, only because it would make a trip to Sioux Falls for Wed.'s game a little less risky for the one and done.
    East Region did get delayed by weather.

    Per Pinson's twitter feed he is injured. LMU still has Choice and Terry while they added former South Florida Bull Chris Perry.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Elite Eight

    Seeds are out:

    1. Fairmont
    2. NW MO
    3. Lincoln Memorial
    4. BU
    5. Colorado Mines
    6. Chico St.
    7. St. Thomas Aquinas
    8. Rollins

  8. #8

    Default Re: Elite Eight

    Slight surprise about Fairmont getting 1 over NWMO, but not anything big. BU only 4th but on the other side of bracket from Lincoln, NW MO St. and Chico St. so that's not too bad. Prefer playing STA or Rollins in first round but if you going to win it all might as well beat the best. Don't know much about Colorado Mines. Anybody ever see them play?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,872
    Rep Power
    172231

    Default Re: Elite Eight

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    Slight surprise about Fairmont getting 1 over NWMO, but not anything big. BU only 4th but on the other side of bracket from Lincoln, NW MO St. and Chico St. so that's not too bad. Prefer playing STA or Rollins in first round but if you going to win it all might as well beat the best. Don't know much about Colorado Mines. Anybody ever see them play?
    To me, that speaks to how strong the MEC was this past season compared to the MIAA (MEC got three teams in the Atlantic Region; NWMo was the only team from the MIAA). I haven't seen any updated numbers, but Fairmont also had a stronger SOS compared to Northwest heading into the tournament.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •