Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Division II Central Regional Championship: Southwest at Northwest

Contribute to D2

Default NCAA Division II Central Regional Championship: Southwest at Northwest

Should be a fun one!

I'm a little less confident after seeing how Northwest came out against Augustana, but all I'm asking is that we keep it close. Because as I've said all season long....if we are in a tight game at the end, I like our chances. The fact we're 14-2 in games decided by four or less points or played in overtime is no fluke.

Default Re: NCAA Division II Central Regional Championship: Southwest at Northwest

no it isn't a fluke......but yer confidence about a regional final opp was always misplaced....not bc of nwms but rather everyone you see this deep into the tourney is going to be good and playing well whether we'd won or not last night and that was the only place you'd see us......

i would imagine it'll be a heck of a battle.

i guess i never understood the ui consternation. they got some big wins this yr which always made them dangerous.

Default Re: NCAA Division II Central Regional Championship: Southwest at Northwest

Quote Originally Posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    no it isn't a fluke......but yer confidence about a regional final opp was always misplaced....not bc of nwms but rather everyone you see this deep into the tourney is going to be good and playing well whether we'd won or not last night and that was the only place you'd see us......

i would imagine it'll be a heck of a battle.

i guess i never understood the ui consternation. they got some big wins this yr which always made them dangerous.
    It was due to losing a head to head with the only other team that was being considered to replace them. A team that also played the team you are about to play to a one point game and then handled them the 2nd go around. But that's in the past. Go Stangs

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Should be a fun one!

I'm a little less confident after seeing how Northwest came out against Augustana, but all I'm asking is that we keep it close. Because as I've said all season long....if we are in a tight game at the end, I like our chances. The fact we're 14-2 in games decided by four or less points or played in overtime is no fluke.
    Those into analytics would argue that is exactly what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    It was due to losing a head to head with the only other team that was being considered to replace them. A team that also played the team you are about to play to a one point game and then handled them the 2nd go around. But that's in the past. Go Stangs
    uh....what

that is a convoluted mess

uh....what

Me thinks you need to consider the source! :)

7. Default Re: NCAA Division II Central Regional Championship: Southwest at Northwest

Uhhh, could you repeat the part where you talked about the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Me thinks you need to consider the source! :)
    the nsu fan? i wouldn't know never seen him before.
    or noticed anyway

If Woods is good to go and guards Bruggeman then I like our chances a lot. If he can't go or isn't up to his usual standards then I think we are looking at about a 50/50 game with more of an edge still to NW. People are saying the game last night is more of the NW we know but to be honest, their shooting percentages were low by season standards. We shot 45% overall and 29% from 3. Our season averages are 51% and 42% in those categories. Granted competition is tougher so you may not get to your averages but I thought NW played a good game but they can play even better than that. That's scary.

Ndow's game is not shooting 3's but if he hits 1 or 2 he becomes very tough to guard with his ability to slash to the basket being his strength because of his strength and athletic ability.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    If Woods is good to go and guards Bruggeman then I like our chances a lot. If he can't go or isn't up to his usual standards then I think we are looking at about a 50/50 game with more of an edge still to NW. People are saying the game last night is more of the NW we know but to be honest, their shooting percentages were low by season standards. We shot 45% overall and 29% from 3. Our season averages are 51% and 42% in those categories. Granted competition is tougher so you may not get to your averages but I thought NW played a good game but they can play even better than that. That's scary.

Ndow's game is not shooting 3's but if he hits 1 or 2 he becomes very tough to guard with his ability to slash to the basket being his strength because of his strength and athletic ability.
    I'm sorry, I know he's an excellent coach, but if Woods isn't good to go then that's entirely on McCollum making a really, really silly and unnecessary mistake. You guys were up 19 with 90 seconds to go (maybe less) and Billeter had cleared Augie's bench. The fact that McCollum still had a single starter in at that point is just a weird and ultimately very bad decision. Especially if it ended up resulting in an injury that hampers a key starter before the Regional Championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post

Ndow's 3 pt. shooting was the diff. A couple more shots go in and you are approaching those avg's. NW still has more left. But the FT shooting woes are real.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I'm sorry, I know he's an excellent coach, but if Woods isn't good to go then that's entirely on McCollum making a really, really silly and unnecessary mistake. You guys were up 19 with 90 seconds to go (maybe less) and Billeter had cleared Augie's bench. The fact that McCollum still had a single starter in at that point is just a weird and ultimately very bad decision. Especially if it ended up resulting in an injury that hampers a key starter before the Regional Championship game.
    He was just about to come out. NW had it's bench ready to come in the next dead ball. It's not like McCollum had Pitts on the floor.
    It was a freak injury, no ones fault.

Slow down there. There were 3 starters on the court at the time and they subbed out on the next dead ball. He had already sent the subs to the table. Nothing weird about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
    He was just about to come out. NW had it's bench ready to come in the next dead ball. It's not like McCollum had Pitts on the floor.
    It was a freak injury, no ones fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    Slow down there. There were 3 starters on the court at the time and they subbed out on the next dead ball. He had already sent the subs to the table. Nothing weird about it at all.
    Fair enough. Just seemed he had already sent the other two bench guys in and it's not like Woods was shooting free throws or something, so it doesn't make a ton of sense as to why McCollum didn't take 'em all out. I'm not complaining in the sense that, as a fan, I don't personally take that as some sort of insult or anything (leaving starters in at the end, I mean...I generally think people who get worked up about that are overreacting), I just think if he had the chance to get them out, which it appeared he did, and hadn't yet, I wasn't understanding why.

Again, not a complaint. More of an observation.

Fair enough. Just seemed he had already sent the other two bench guys in and it's not like Woods was shooting free throws or something, so it doesn't make a ton of sense as to why McCollum didn't take 'em all out. I'm not complaining in the sense that, as a fan, I don't personally take that as some sort of insult or anything (leaving starters in at the end, I mean...I generally think people who get worked up about that are overreacting), I just think if he had the chance to get them out, which it appeared he did, and hadn't yet, I wasn't understanding why.

Again, not a complaint. More of an observation.
    I believe McCollum was wanting to give the Seniors a standing ovation for being subbed out. He has done this many times this year.

uh....what

Facts aren't quite right - UIU beat Southwest twice during the regular season, split with Augie (losing final game of year in OT), beat Mankato 3 times (who had 20+ wins as well). UIU did lose to Northern the only time they met by 11 at their place - UIU lead at half and had lead with 13 mins. left to go in game and let it slip away. Northern played well down stretch and got win. Anyhow - I was confused as well on all the chatter - UIU took care of business in post season, made it to finals where they lost to Southwest. Northern lost in the quarters....that was difference. Northern wins one more game (against Augie in quarters) then they get in. Then discussion would be around UIU/Augie who split during season. Anyhow...played out well for UIU in how things went down and they proved in first game it wasn't a fluke they were in.

uh....what

Coming from from someone who typed "yer", has no shift button and is an All-American in run on sentances??

You spoke of the fuss about the Peacocks, I assumed getting in, as you referenced they had "good wins".

I was saying that came from anyone saying it was close between NSU and the Peacocks getting the 8 spot. Then, cited mine, and other reasons of why there was any "consternation" as you put it.

I wouldn't think any of you would recognize me as I have only met a handful on here.

I personally like how I am called out as though that was my first post on the boards why Northwest fans are suddenly multiplying on the site each day.
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-13-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
    Facts aren't quite right - UIU beat Southwest twice during the regular season, split with Augie (losing final game of year in OT), beat Mankato 3 times (who had 20+ wins as well). UIU did lose to Northern the only time they met by 11 at their place - UIU lead at half and had lead with 13 mins. left to go in game and let it slip away. Northern played well down stretch and got win. Anyhow - I was confused as well on all the chatter - UIU took care of business in post season, made it to finals where they lost to Southwest. Northern lost in the quarters....that was difference. Northern wins one more game (against Augie in quarters) then they get in. Then discussion would be around UIU/Augie who split during season. Anyhow...played out well for UIU in how things went down and they proved in first game it wasn't a fluke they were in.
    Agreed, although my facts are correct. I said the team they are playing, which is Southwest, is the team we played within one point and then handled the 2nd go around.

Then said it is in the past as in we didn't do enough, we weren't in and all that is left us SMSU and Northwest.

Coming from from someone who typed "yer", has no shift button and is an All-American in run on sentances??

You spoke of the fuss about the Peacocks, I assumed getting in, as you referenced they had "good wins".

I was saying that came from anyone saying it was close between NSU and the Peacocks getting the 8 spot. Then, cited mine, and other reasons of why there was any "consternation" as you put it.

I wouldn't think any of you would recognize me as I have only met a handful on here.

I personally like how I am called out as though that was my first post on the boards why Northwest fans are suddenly multiplying on the site each day.
    that is still a messa babble

but i apparently have a fan

i'm flattered.

that is still a messa babble

but i apparently have a fan

i'm flattered.
    Your words...(
    i guess i never understood the ui consternation. they got some big wins this yr which always made them dangerous.)

By "ui" are you not speaking of Upper Iowa? I don't know "ui" to be a word so...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast