Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regional updates

Contribute to D2

Default Regional updates

Chico handling WWU by 13 early in the 2nd half, 49-36.

Default Re: Regional updates

Chico pulling away, up 15 with 5 minutes left:

http://www.ncaa.com/scoreboards/basketball-men/d2

I called this very early in the season as WWU was struggling with bad teams and giving up a lot of points. Their inability to play defense would catch up with them and it sure did today as they gave up darn-near 100 points to Chico:

http://www.ncaa.com/scoreboards/basketball-men/d2

Chico is always good. This kind of speaks to how mediocre the GNAC was this season in a lot of ways.

5. Default Re: Regional updates

Quote Originally Posted by lv2hoop View Post
    Chico is always good. This kind of speaks to how mediocre the GNAC was this season in a lot of ways.
    Agreed. Chico came with a plan and the team effort and execution paid dividends. WWU sure had talent this year, but the execution of a lethal plan always seemed to be lacking. sorta thought this would happen as I couldn't see Chico not being ready. Always helps when you can get hot at the 3 line and when you can keep Stafford from getting hot there too. Really hoping the GNAC can come up with something better than talent in Bellingham next year.

That "fluke" Hawaii Pacific team rolled in the 1st round ... just having fun.

Cal Baptist up by 12 with 10 minutes remaining.

CBU up 17, first round games haven't been competitive.

S.F. State losing by 26 -- wow, not a good showing.

I see why D2 averages horrifically at the gate. This is the biggest time of the year and basically I'm talking to myself on this board. Very little fan interest from anyone ... which is sad.

UCSD up 13 early ... first round games are really bad, unfortunately.

UCSD up 16 with a minute left in the first half. Yeah, maybe the GNAC wasn't good, but a lot of these so-called great teams that people were pumping up this year? They're not so great either. CBU, UCSD, HPU, and Chico? Yeah, I think they're good. The others? Not really any better than WOU or UAA, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post
    I see why D2 averages horrifically at the gate. This is the biggest time of the year and basically I'm talking to myself on this board. Very little fan interest from anyone ... which is sad.
    It's rare, but I do occasionally have to work. Sorry I wasn't around to talk about this.

Chico with a strong finishing kick to take a 39-30 halftime lead over HPU.

Quote Originally Posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
    It's rare, but I do occasionally have to work. Sorry I wasn't around to talk about this.
    No biggie, I should understand that people have lives outside the internet and basketball.

Wildcats continuing to pull away early in the 2nd half, now up 15.

On the women's side, CBU-WWU about to get underway.

Hawai'i Pacific making a comeback; it's now 69-63 Chico with about six and a half to go.

71-68 Chico with 3:35 left. HPU with the ball following the last media timeout.

Cal Baptist leads Western Washington 37-32 in the latter stages of the first half.

Sharks have come all the way back and lead 72-71 with 2 minutes to go.

Sure looked like a foul from here, but not called. Chico up 4 with 13 seconds left.

And Chico wins, 77-74.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast