Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCC hoops on ESPN2

Contribute to D2

Default NCC hoops on ESPN2

Anyone watching this game?

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Default Re: NCC hoops on ESPN2

Yep. Red Mavs started out hot, but the Jacks are used to coming from behind.

I thought last night that I had already watched the championship game. That was an epic clash between two old rivals. I think SDSU scored the first and last baskets of the game- that was the only time that they were ahead. USD still has to be crying in their chocolate milk after that loss.

However, at least they will go to the NIT. And hopefully host in that beautiful new arena after their women won the WNIT last year and drew so well.

Why does Marcus Tyus for Omaha remind me of a Roman Centurion in The Life of Brian?

37-31 halftime lead for the Jacks disappears- Omaha up 40-37 on a 9-0 run in 55 seconds. Biggus Stickus!

Really good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Really good game.
    Either we are the only two on here who are watching or the rest are so mesmirized that they are speechless.

70-68 Red Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Either we are the only two on here who are watching or the rest are so mesmirized that they are speechless.

70-68 Red Mavs.
    I'm watching. Go Red Mavs.

Daum's going off. He's got 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Augie Boy View Post
    Daum's going off. He's got 30.
    35. 2 minutes left Jacks up 5

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I'm watching. Go Red Mavs.
    I would like to see them make their first trip to the Dance.

NSIC veteran Kelly Pfeiffer reffing this one.

Jacks win 79-77. Red Mavs chose to take their last two shots from three point land.

I'd like to see the Jacks pull off an upset at the big dance. They had a losing record before Summit League Tourneys started, they might have to play a #1 seed.

14. Default Re: NCC hoops on ESPN2

NSIC veteran Kelly Pfeiffer reffing this one.
    Along with fellow NSIC vet, and current officials boss, Rob Kueneman(sp).

Quote Originally Posted by Augie Boy View Post
    I'd like to see the Jacks pull off an upset at the big dance. They had a losing record before Summit League Tourneys started, they might have to play a #1 seed.
    Yeah, Zimmer thinks they'll be a 16 seed and I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Yeah, Zimmer thinks they'll be a 16 seed and I wouldn't be surprised.
    Absolutely. In two years this could be one of the better teams they have if they make it to the tourney, but for right now they just clicked. The Summit was fairly balanced for the most part. I know USD and NDSU separated but there were losses to teams high and low.

I don't know who I'd want theme to play, certainly not my Jayhawks, but if they could play a clean game unlike last night. They could maybe cover the spread. I hope they get a play in game honestly.

That said, years ago I picked the Matt Martin lead Montana Griz to upset #1 seed Washington, and they were right in it until the end. That was the worst #1 seed I can remember.

Bad deal for the mangy Coyotes, they easily win summit league title then lose to the fuzzy bunnies in tourney. So regular season champs who go 12-4 go to the NIT, while 8-8 rabbits go to the big dance.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Bad deal for the mangy Coyotes, they easily win summit league title then lose to the fuzzy bunnies in tourney. So regular season champs who go 12-4 go to the NIT, while 8-8 rabbits go to the big dance.
    There' a guy on the CBS Sports App that just wrote about the one entry conferences where the regular season ends meaning nothing. His suggestion is that the #1 seeds get a bye to the final and be spotted a 10 point lead before the game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    There' a guy on the CBS Sports App that just wrote about the one entry conferences where the regular season ends meaning nothing. His suggestion is that the #1 seeds get a bye to the final and be spotted a 10 point lead before the game starts.
    Personally, I think the system is kind of ridiculous. Even when SDSU was losing so horribly early in the season, their fans who kept the faith kept saying, "We just need to win three games in March," and that's exactly how it shook out. Who cares if you play consistently well all season and prove to be the best overall team throughout the course of the year? Your conference will be represented by the team that wins three games in a row at the right time.

I personally think that's a joke.

Personally, I think the system is kind of ridiculous. Even when SDSU was losing so horribly early in the season, their fans who kept the faith kept saying, "We just need to win three games in March," and that's exactly how it shook out. Who cares if you play consistently well all season and prove to be the best overall team throughout the course of the year? Your conference will be represented by the team that wins three games in a row at the right time.

I personally think that's a joke.
    The all or nothing conference tournament approach brings national television coverage, puts more butts in the seats and thereby generates money. And after all, isn't that what D1 sports are about these days?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast