Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

Contribute to D2

Default 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

Here we go!

Default Re: 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

It's funny how UWP was the 1 seed last season. How many tickets did each visiting school get?

Quote Originally Posted by alumnifan View Post
    It's funny how UWP was the 1 seed last season. How many tickets did each visiting school get?
    I seem to remember that it was possible to walk up and buy one at the gate. I'm sure I had bought mine ahead of time because of the travel but it seemed you could get one easy enough. Maybe that was because BU played in the early session and not in UWP's session though.

They don't allot tickets anymore? I guess I can see why if so. The tournament will also be streamed, right?

5. Default Re: 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

Owensboro Sportscenter seats 5000 ... just sayin'

j/k of course. We didn't earn it...Bellarmine did. And I'm ok with that.

KWC Athletics posted on Facebook that they are still working out the ticket situation and will post any info on the athletics website as soon as it's available. It sounds a teeny bit like Bellarmine doesn't really want to have any KWC fans in their building Saturday...

6. Default Re: 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

Agree but 'teeny bit" is wrong. This is a NCAA tourney where in the hell are they???

Quote Originally Posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Agree but 'teeny bit" is wrong. This is a NCAA tourney where in the hell are they???
    It's not like this is the first time BU has hosted. The tickets are being handled the same way they were in the past. I am detecting some waddage in your panty area.

8. Default Re: 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

You act like KWC travels well anymore...you don't. Hell the last time you were here you brought maybe 100 fans. In the 90's you brought the full 200 or so tickets that we gave you. Last time we played there was plenty of tickets to be had. KWC doesn't put fear into anyone, not sure why you still think that.

9. Default Re: 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideMafia View Post
    You act like KWC travels well anymore...you don't. Hell the last time you were here you brought maybe 100 fans. In the 90's you brought the full 200 or so tickets that we gave you. Last time we played there was plenty of tickets to be had. KWC doesn't put fear into anyone, not sure why you still think that.
    You have no clue what you're talking about. I'll leave it at that.

10. Default Re: 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    It's not like this is the first time BU has hosted. The tickets are being handled the same way they were in the past. I am detecting some waddage in your panty area.
    The fact that our administration has actively been trying to figure out the ticket situation from Bellarmine for more than a day and a half...

Well, let's put it another way. It's not like this is the first time BU has hosted. The tickets are being handled the same way they were in the past, so why can nobody tell KWC administration anything regarding ticket allotments?

11. Default Re: 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

Sounds like the administration is not on top of things.

Quote Originally Posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    The fact that our administration has actively been trying to figure out the ticket situation from Bellarmine for more than a day and a half...

Well, let's put it another way. It's not like this is the first time BU has hosted. The tickets are being handled the same way they were in the past, so why can nobody tell KWC administration anything regarding ticket allotments?

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Sounds like the administration is not on top of things.
    I really don't know our administration that well. However, I do believe they are on top of things. They also read this message board. The only voice for me comes from my alumnus status, and I will use that voice until I am dead. Then, I will ask the Lord to let me go to the basketball games.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideMafia View Post
    That may be true...but it sure seems the AD (who I've emailed with) thinks we will have less tickets than requests he's gotten.

A serious question for the BU crew.

My in-laws live in Louisville. If I can convince one of them to get down to Knights Hall at 8am tomorrow morning, do you think there will be tickets available.

15. Default Re: 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

This regional tournament will be the last hurrah for the Panther Express, as organized by Bill O'Brien. At least 100 fans were crowded around the area behind the KWC bench after the conference final to meet with him about the trip. Assuming they are able to get the tickets needed, I can guarantee a full charter bus of fans will be on hand.

The Panther Express will continue next season, but Mr. O'Brien's failing health means he has to turn the reigns over to someone else. My guess is that many of the people that are making the trip on this bus to the regional are doing so for him as much as they are for the team.

I believe the last time the regional was somewhere close by - probably the last time we played in it at Bellarmine - I was told all of the tickets allotted to KWC were purchased by Panther Express riders. I was able to get tickets directly from Bellarmine, I think...but it's been years ago and I can't remember exactly how that all came about.

Can or will Bellarmine live stream the Regional?

your ad should know about distributing 100-200 tickets his resume includes selling tickets for EVV Theatre basketball. he had to sell 200-300 there and 30 for wbb

Bell will be streaming the games, I think.

19. Default Re: 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

I wonder why oh why we left the GLVC. Such an upstanding group.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
    your ad should know about distributing 100-200 tickets his resume includes selling tickets for EVV Theatre basketball. he had to sell 200-300 there and 30 for wbb
    You been drinking Moscato again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast