Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pitt.State looking for new men's coach

Default Pitt.State looking for new men's coach

Pitt. State coach resigns any thoughts on replacement. Thank you laker for the news see PSU website for announcement.

Default Re: Pitt.State looking for new men's coach

Zach Malvik would be a good replacement
    Last edited by WSUDieHard; 03-07-2017 at 01:52 PM.

3. Default Re: Pitt.State looking for new men's coach

I don't think you'd be interested in Zach, I think he's VERY happy right where he's currently at. :) So are we.

Well, I suppose I can apply...but only if Laker and Simple can be my assistants and MrAugustana can be our SID

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I don't think you'd be interested in Zach, I think he's VERY happy right where he's currently at. :) So are we.
    hush pup! HA

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Well, I suppose I can apply...but only if Laker and Simple can be my assistants and MrAugustana can be our SID
    My salary better be close to what Kim Anderson was making at Missouri if you're making me move to Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    My salary better be close to what Kim Anderson was making at Missouri if you're making me move to Kansas.
    Done

Just curious where the facilities would rank in conference and how much resources Pitt.State puts in basketball. Any names coming up a week after the job opened up.

Anderson is all I've heard. As far as facilities, Pitt did some upgrades a few years ago, but I can't say how it compares to the rest of the league.

Anderson resigns to save his dignity on March 5th, Muff resigns on March 7th. AD and Anderson were together before wonder how far out the door Muff was on the 5th.

It official go to Pitt State website to read article.

Which second coming in the MIAA will rule next year??? Anderson or Pitts?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Foul the crap out of Pitts, make Pitt St. play back-to-back and see who comes out on top. My money is on Pitts. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Pitts vs. Pitt will make for some good battles, I'm sure!

15. Default Re: Pitt.State looking for new men's coach

Interesting excitement about firing a guy who was 41-47 the past three years (Muff) and replacing him with a guy who got fired after going 27-68 the past three years.

But hey, I guess the second coming can do that for most people.

Personally, I'm not ready to crown the Gorillas.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Interesting excitement about firing a guy who was 41-47 the past three years (Muff) and replacing him with a guy who got fired after going 27-68 the past three years.

Little harsh, two different animals putting records of coaches Anderson while I wish he had chosen a different conference to coach in is a proven winner at this level. In a few years Pitt State will be a force no different than UCM was during Anderson's previous time. Any school in the league would have reached out to him if an opening was available.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post

You do realize Anderson went 274-95 in the 12 years prior at UCM? Went to 2 Final Four (1 Title), 6 MIAA Regular Season Titles, and 5 MIAA Tournament Titles. Anderson has dominated this league before, he could do it again at Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
    You do realize Anderson went 274-95 in the 12 years prior at UCM? Went to 2 Final Four (1 Title), 6 MIAA Regular Season Titles, and 5 MIAA Tournament Titles. Anderson has dominated this league before, he could do it again at Pitt.
    Actually went to three elite eights never losing first game but until the title run not winning the final four game.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Foul the crap out of Pitts, make Pitt St. play back-to-back and see who comes out on top. My money is on Pitts. ;)
    Any truth to the rumor that, in response to getting only one team in the regional, the MIAA is moving to back-to-back games for conference scheduling next year? Apparently the committee didn't think the MIAA teams could handle it so they left out the second best MIAA team over the fourth best NSIC team (who in NO WAY could hang with the top half of the MIAA). :)

In all seriousness, good luck tomorrow/later today. :l <--- My serious face

20. Default Re: Pitt.State looking for new men's coach

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
    Well aware, thanks. And the president of his fan club is keeping us informed as well via reviving four different threads yesterday with the same news we were already aware of. It's a big deal, and with the opening at Pitt, the best possible hire they could ever hoped for.

The guy failed at the next level. He's back where he belongs and he will succeed at Pitt.

Muff was a good guy there. He won 20 games just two years ago. This year, their team was DEVASTATED by injuries, including missing first team all MIAA Josiah Gustafson for the season, and finishing the second half of their schedule with more injured players on their bench in street clothes than their starting lineup.

It's not really a program in despair. And considering Anderson has the inside track on some recruits and may even bring a Mizzou transfer or two with him, of course Pitt should be real competitive real soon.

They'd better be - only one MIAA team gets a tourney bid you know. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast