#8 Upper Iowa (22-10)

#4 Arkansas-Monticello (23-6)
    #5 Augustana (23-8)

#2 Southwest Minnesota State (26-5)
    #7 Arkansas Tech (21-7)

#3 East Central (24-7)
    #6 Minnesota State-Moorhead (24-5)

Default Re: Men's Central Region Tournament Bracket

Upper Iowa's loss to NSU is allowed due to I Hate Winter night, NSU handles SMSU in Hawaiian Night and it does nothing.

Close losses are what they are, but other than Augie, no one blew us away in conference, incausing the conference champ.

UIU has more losses, less success against regional qualifiers.

It is what it is, I spoke my piece....see you all next year in Aberdeen 😉

Super excited about NW hosting its first regional. This is going to be great. I really mean this, if there is anything I can do to help those that are traveling, don't hesitate to send me an IM. Maybe a MB tailgate?

Please be kind to Bearcat Arena. It's old and there isn't much parking. That being said, welcome to Maryville.

4. Default Re: Men's Central Region Tournament Bracket

Really disappointing the Mules aren't playing but you CAN'T lose to Lincoln and Lwood at home. They probably would be in with those two wins. Hope everyone enjoys going to Bearcat Arena, a place where very few teams come in and win.

The three GAC vs NSIC games will be interesting. Will the GAC post a couple victories to silence the NSIC claim to be the dominate conference in the region?

5. Default Re: Men's Central Region Tournament Bracket

[QUOTE=NSU4LIFE;2030547]Upper Iowa's loss to NSU is allowed due to I Hate Winter night, NSU handles SMSU in Hawaiian Night and it does nothing.

Close losses are what they are, but other than Augie, no one blew us away in conference, incausing the conference champ.

It is what it is, I spoke my piece....see you all next year in Aberdeen &#128521

Upper Iowa SOS being in the south must have done it even with more losses and head to head loss.

The BSU loss at home was a big one. You win that are you are in right now in my opinion.

[QUOTE=wsufamily;2030557]
    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Upper Iowa's loss to NSU is allowed due to I Hate Winter night, NSU handles SMSU in Hawaiian Night and it does nothing.

It is what it is, I spoke my piece....see you all next year in Aberdeen &#128521

Upper Iowa SOS being in the south must have done it even with more losses and head to head loss.

The BSU loss at home was a big one. You win that are you are in right now in my opinion.
    Don't get me wrong...I understand it and almost every Wolf fan was hanging on very small hope. We can make a case, but if you look into the Wolves losses, they are all close besides that dreaded team of Vikings

7. Default Re: Men's Central Region Tournament Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Super excited about NW hosting its first regional. This is going to be great. I really mean this, if there is anything I can do to help those that are traveling, don't hesitate to send me an IM. Maybe a MB tailgate?

Please be kind to Bearcat Arena. It's old and there isn't much parking. That being said, welcome to Maryville.
    I'm coming down for sure. Heading down Friday night, and coming back Sunday after the games. If my Mustangs are still alive for Tuesday, we'll be headed back down. Maybe I'll shoot you a IM later this week if you have any tips for us. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
    Really disappointing the Mules aren't playing but you CAN'T lose to Lincoln and Lwood at home. They probably would be in with those two wins. Hope everyone enjoys going to Bearcat Arena, a place where very few teams come in and win.

The three GAC vs NSIC games will be interesting. Will the GAC post a couple victories to silence the NSIC claim to be the dominate conference in the region?
    The MIAA was in a tough spot this year except NW. I don't know if those 2 games cost Central or not, hard to tell without knowing criteria. I think some had to do with those losses to Rockhurst and Arkansas Fort Smith. Going 0-3 against NW didn't help regionally.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

It is what it is, I spoke my piece....see you all next year in Aberdeen 😉
    I really think SOS and playing a North schedule killed Northern State.

The MIAA was in a tough spot this year except NW. I don't know if those 2 games cost Central or not, hard to tell without knowing criteria. I think some had to do with those losses to Rockhurst and Arkansas Fort Smith. Going 0-3 against NW didn't help regionally.
    Fort Smith made the tournament btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    UIU beat the #2 seed twice, the #5 seed 1-1 with an OT loss only, and advanced to the conference tournament finals. Understand that Wolves are frustrated, but when UIU needed to get it done in the post season they did. Northern wins one more game - they are in, but fact is UIU finished 2nd in a much, much stronger South division and had some quality wins against higher seeded regional opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangManiac View Post
    I'm coming down for sure. Heading down Friday night, and coming back Sunday after the games. If my Mustangs are still alive for Tuesday, we'll be headed back down. Maybe I'll shoot you a IM later this week if you have any tips for us. Thanks!
    Parking is very limited around the arena. And when I say limited, I mean limited in terms of parking lots. Otherwise, parking on streets. I'm hoping NW has parking contingency in place to keep students out of parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Yes, we know...we can't change our division....but many good division schools lose to division competition due to familiarity. As I said, it is what it is. Next year you'll see the addition of an impact player, the resurrection of one of her best in the league and I wouldn't be shocked to see a few missing with the addition of a transfer....just my guesses.

Good luck NSIC, I'm out of useless justifications

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
    Fort Smith made the tournament btw.
    Another blow to UCM chances then.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
    UIU beat the #2 seed twice, the #5 seed 1-1 with an OT loss only, and advanced to the conference tournament finals. Understand that Wolves are frustrated, but when UIU needed to get it done in the post season they did. Northern wins one more game - they are in, but fact is UIU finished 2nd in a much, much stronger South division and had some quality wins against higher seeded regional opponents.
    Agreed. All NSU fans were hoping for was if we didn't drop further after that beatdown to Augie, we must have still been close and hoping for the h2h to matter. It didn't.

Another blow to UCM chances then.
    Why would that have been a blow to UCM's chances? That makes zero sense.

17. Default Re: Men's Central Region Tournament Bracket

From the Northwest website...

Saturday, March 11
    Noon: No. 3 East Central vs. No. 6 MSU Moorhead(Session 1)
    2:15 p.m.: No. 2 Southwest Minnesota State vs. No. 7 Arkansas Tech (Session 1)

6 p.m.: No. 1 Northwest vs. No. 8 Upper Iowa (Session 2)
    8:15 p.m.: No. 4 Arkansas-Monticello vs. No. 5 Augustana (Session 2)

Sunday, March 12
    5 p.m.: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2
    7:30 p.m.: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4

Tuesday, March 14
    7 p.m.: Championship Game

http://bearcatsports.com/news/2017/3...-regional.aspx

Why would that have been a blow to UCM's chances? That makes zero sense.
    They were on OFER against teams selected. I needed to explain that?

They were on OFER against teams selected. I needed to explain that?
    I understand that isn't good, but wouldn't a loss to a tournament team be better for the resume than a loss to a non-tournament team?

I understand that isn't good, but wouldn't a loss to a tournament team be better for the resume than a loss to a non-tournament team?
    As in Rockhurst?

Still kind of scratching my head that Upper Iowa with a 3-7 record against regionally ranked teams got in.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast