#8 Northern State (24-6)

#4 Central Oklahoma (25-7)
    #5 Pittsburg State (24-5)

#2 Harding (27-3)
    #7 Arkansas Tech (22-7)

#3 Minnesota State-Moorhead (24-4)
    #6 Central Missouri (23-6)

2. Default Re: Women's Central Region Tournament Bracket

Three of the Jennies 6 loses are to Emporia, Pitt and UCO. Pitt and UCO were on the road. Lost to Concordia St. Paul on opening night which is not a bad loss. Like their chances against Moorhead.

Default Re: Women's Central Region Tournament Bracket

Why is Harding host if ESU #1 seed? Something going on in Emporia to make the move? State championships?

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Why is Harding host if ESU #1 seed? Something going on in Emporia to make the move? State championships?
    Emporia never put in a bid to host, likely because their facility hosts the Kansas high school state championships. Therefore the #2 seed gets the next chance to host.

5. Default Re: Women's Central Region Tournament Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    Emporia never put in a bid to host, likely because their facility hosts the Kansas high school state championships. Therefore the #2 seed gets the next chance to host.
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    I'm surprised Kansas doesn't host all of their high school championship games at a single site like most states do. That said, Emporia State hosts the Kansas Class 4A/Division II championships (FWIW, Fort Hays State hosts the Class 1A/Division I championships).

Both high school tournaments take place March 8-11.

MWSU played in a regional at Emporia one year when the state tournament was going on. As I recall, it was not ideal, but I don't remember how the schedule worked.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    I'm surprised Kansas doesn't host all of their high school championship games at a single site like most states do. That said, Emporia State hosts the Kansas Class 4A/Division II championships (FWIW, Fort Hays State hosts the Class 1A/Division I championships).

Both high school tournaments take place March 8-11.
    Eight tournament sites seems like overkill

Interesting that Phog Allen Fieldhouse isn't one of the sites.

I'm currently at the Women's NCAA Tournament. So far, the Wolves and Hornets are in quite a battle. Wolves lead 18-13 with 46 seconds to go in the first quarter.

Wolves jumped out to a 9-0 start, but things have evened out a bit now.

Host team screwed up the roster information and so when Marti checks in for the Wolves they get T'd up.

Moorhead is said to have reported that all the information in the fans guide was incorrect about they roster.

ESU sent their entire band along with cheerleaders so pretty loud for them down there. Wolves were up 11-2 to start, after the technical FTs and a late bucket, Wolves hold a one point lead at the end of the 1st, 18-17.

Ristau gets a layup to go with 6 seconds left to make it a 32-28 NSU lead at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Host team screwed up the roster information and so when Marti checks in for the Wolves they get T'd up.
    A coach has to initial the book after they input starters and check the roster, so while it may have been listed incorrectly by the official scorer, that's on the coaching staff to verify names/numbers before the game even starts.

Conrad gets a layup to go with 4 seconds to go in the 3rd Q. Wolves up 49-42 going into the 4th Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Madsen View Post
    A coach has to initial the book after they input starters and check the roster, so while it may have been listed incorrectly by the official scorer, that's on the coaching staff to verify names/numbers before the game even starts.
    Yes I know, one of thone attention to detail things that we just didn't do apparently. I was an assistant coach for one year only, but never saw an error when checking book, just one of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Madsen View Post
    That is correct. When the coaches initial the book, they need to verify that all the information is correct. That is one of the big reasons why they have the coaches initial the book.

63-62 NSU with 1:33 left. NSU ball. Ristau is fouled out though, so we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Toucanbird View Post
    63-62 NSU with 1:33 left. NSU ball. Ristau is fouled out though, so we'll see what happens.
    That's last found should have been on Paige, but is what it is. Wolves are playing scare right now with inexperience, young guards. Have to get a ucket this possession.

Back-to-back Emporia threes now has the Hornets leading 68-65 with 36.7 seconds left.

Emporia wins on a three-pointer with 0.8 seconds left. They block NSU's three at the buzzer to come away with a 71-68 win.

Absolutely sick to my stomach...what a horrid way to end it. Great season for a team that was much better than an 8 seed, as in years past, but next year they will be back and better than they have been in awhile. I'm going to go puke now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast