Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim Anderson resignation

Default Kim Anderson resignation

Today Anderson announced he will step down as MU coach. Sad for coach and his staff wish them well.

Default Re: Kim Anderson resignation

He was put in a no win situation. Class guy, bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    He was put in a no win situation. Class guy, bad situation.
    That is my feeling also but he had to go for it.

If Hoiberg gets fired by Bulls, I would think Mizzou would court him big time.

All I know is MU can't try and be cheap.Have to spend money to get recruiting back up and fill seats. The worst is over as far as the NCAA have to hire a recognized head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mule4ever View Post
    All I know is MU can't try and be cheap.Have to spend money to get recruiting back up and fill seats. The worst is over as far as the NCAA have to hire a recognized head coach.
    I don't really follow Missouri basketball. What were the sanctions, etc that they were dealing with? Sounds like he was in a very difficult, no win, situation.

Had to vacate wins from Haith. Also lost scholarships and had postseason ban not that they won enough to qualify. Yes Anderson was put in a difficult situation but after being passed over 3-4 times previously and at 5x salary and benefits who wouldn't went back to where you graduated.

Had to vacate wins from Haith. Also lost scholarships and had postseason ban not that they won enough to qualify. Yes Anderson was put in a difficult situation but after being passed over 3-4 times previously and at 5x salary and benefits who wouldn't went back to where you graduated.
    The scholarships are tough to overcome. Especially at that level.

Will never blame someone for wanting to take a step up and make more for their family. He definitely didn't move them across the country while doing it either!

Haith, got out for Tulsa before he was let go so the timing of UCM just winning a title and the Missouri opening had the stars aligned but we don't know who or how many were offered the job before Anderson or what he knew about the impending sanctions other D1 coaches were probably scared off by these facts he was a great player at MU and coach at UCM .

Anderson was basically a band aid until they got clear. If he does well, then he stays. If he doesn't, replace him. Sad because he's one of the best coaches I've been around and had the opportunity to talk to. He will resurface somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Anderson was basically a band aid until they got clear. If he does well, then he stays. If he doesn't, replace him.
    Correct again plus I read in the ST . LOUIS Post-Dispatch that since he had two years left on his contract and his base salary was $300,000k that they owed him 2x that low buyout for D1.

Correct again plus I read in the ST . LOUIS Post-Dispatch that since he had two years left on his contract and his base salary was $300,000k that they owed him 2x that low buyout for D1.
    He was only making $300k at Mizzou???

Base salary yes but with benefits was guaranteed $1.1 million buyout is based on 300k.

14. Default Re: Kim Anderson resignation

Not used to hearing of a buyout in a resignation.

He was asked to resign. The buyout was probably agreed to before the resignation.

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Not used to hearing of a buyout in a resignation.
    Asked to resign or be fired, not much of a difference. Given the situation, he took the high road.

17. Default Re: Kim Anderson resignation

The situation at Mizzou was worse than what anyone ever spoke of. Kim was never informed of the problems prior to taking the job. Don't know if he would have taken it or not, but now the pressure is off of him. To make matters worse, how would you like to be the coach who brought along a young assistant and then shortly after arriving, that assistant finds out his young daughter has a rare cancer? Loos came with Kim to UCM, single and as a grad assistant. He left the "Burg married with three young children. Loos is like another son to Kim. Coach A will be fine, but I am more concerned about Brad and his family. If you don't know anything about it, check out RallyforRhyan.

Loos' dad just announced his retirement at Austin Peay. Wonder if KA would go there or if Brad will be in the hunt for his dad's job? Bottom line, both are great guys and can coach. Just didn't win enough to stay at Mizzou.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
    The situation at Mizzou was worse than what anyone ever spoke of. Kim was never informed of the problems prior to taking the job. Don't know if he would have taken it or not, but now the pressure is off of him. To make matters worse, how would you like to be the coach who brought along a young assistant and then shortly after arriving, that assistant finds out his young daughter has a rare cancer? Loos came with Kim to UCM, single and as a grad assistant. He left the "Burg married with three young children. Loos is like another son to Kim. Coach A will be fine, but I am more concerned about Brad and his family. If you don't know anything about it, check out RallyforRhyan.

Loos' dad just announced his retirement at Austin Peay. Wonder if KA would go there or if Brad will be in the hunt for his dad's job? Bottom line, both are great guys and can coach. Just didn't win enough to stay at Mizzou.
    I have no inside info or anything but I have to believe Mizzou will take care of the Loos family.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

Although Brad would love to go to APSU, there has been a long-time assistant coach there they made the interim head coach this year while his dad had to leave for cancer treatments. Might have to think he'd get the first crack at the job.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

This article talks about if Wichita has outgrown the MO Valley. But it also asks if Marshall has outgrown Wichita. They wonder if he would go to Mizzou.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...wn-its-league/

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast