Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

Default 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

Winona State has officially entered the Gach Gach sweepstakes.

Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

I was going to say something and forgot all about it. I'm ashamed of myself that I haven't driven across the bridge to watch the Wildcats play, sounds like they have a great team.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Whoever lands him may end up getting his brothers Duoth and Both, who are juniors at Austin High School right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Craigler View Post
    Whoever lands him may end up getting his brothers Duoth and Both, who are juniors at Austin High School right now.
    Has potential for an Abbot and Costello like performance.

I've heard he might be heading South...to a team in Canyon, TX

Quote Originally Posted by WSUDieHard View Post
    I've heard he might be heading South...to a team in Canyon, TX
    I can imagine that would stick in Zack's craw if he loses Gach Gach to his old mentor.

Brady Rudrud picks up two points in garbage time for the Goohers. I suppose less chance for a drop now that he has a taste of the Big 10 stat sheet.

The quest for an all-guard roster gets a step closer

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    The quest for an all-guard roster gets a step closer

So I open this up hoping for some good news and get this. How much more down can we get?

10. Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

So I open this up hoping for some good news and get this. How much more down can we get?
    In the long run, that is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    In the long run, that is good news.
    What is that supposed to mean?

12. Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

What is that supposed to mean?
    It means I don't think that he was ever going to be a very good player in the league, so you might as well get rid of him now. Or be glad when he gets rid of himself.

It means I don't think that he was ever going to be a very good player in the league, so you might as well get rid of him now. Or be glad when he gets rid of himself.
    My guess is someone convinced him a year or two of polishing his game at JC would land him a D1 scholarship with no loss of eligibility. Just that though; a guess. Could be a completely different story.

Considering how many players WSU is losing right now, I don't think losing any players (even bad ones) is a good thing at this point. Although, at this point, I'm just sitting back with my 3D glasses and eating popcorn while watching this WSU dumpster fire happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Toucanbird View Post
    Considering how many players WSU is losing right now, I don't think losing any players (even bad ones) is a good thing at this point. Although, at this point, I'm just sitting back with my 3D glasses and eating popcorn while watching this WSU dumpster fire happen.
    Are you aware of other defections or are you referring to seniors?. I've heard of no other transfers other than Irmiger.

Former Warrior Grant Johnson is now in the G League after being drafted by the Texas Legends this weekend

Pretty nice win the other night against UIU. Seemed like the team was semi-healthy for the first time and played well. Koontz is a great player for this team.

18. Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

Been watching WSU closely early this season. A couple observations to share.

Team has had a number of injuries early. As they get healthy you will see a pretty strong lineup with the new Freshman PG Whitelow and a decent size with Flack 6'5", Koontz 6'7", Gathje 6'8" and Jeffs at 6'8". They all can shoot the ball inside and out. Add to that the depth provided by JR college transfer Easaw, Mason Domask, Caleb Wagner, Spencer Treder and Freshman Kevion Taylor and they have much greater "contributing" bench depth than in the past few years.

If there is a white lining to the early season injuries, it is that players like Taylor have been getting early season minutes that will benefit them down the road.

This team seems to play better together, share the ball, and "all" play defense which is an improvement over the the last couple of years. It will be interesting to see if they can stay healthy and make some noise this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gball View Post
    Been watching WSU closely early this season. A couple observations to share.

Team has had a number of injuries early. As they get healthy you will see a pretty strong lineup with the new Freshman PG Whitelow and a decent size with Flack 6'5", Koontz 6'7", Gathje 6'8" and Jeffs at 6'8". They all can shoot the ball inside and out. Add to that the depth provided by JR college transfer Easaw, Mason Domask, Caleb Wagner, Spencer Treder and Freshman Kevion Taylor and they have much greater "contributing" bench depth than in the past few years.

If there is a white lining to the early season injuries, it is that players like Taylor have been getting early season minutes that will benefit them down the road.

This team seems to play better together, share the ball, and "all" play defense which is an improvement over the the last couple of years. It will be interesting to see if they can stay healthy and make some noise this year.
    Whitelow looks like the real difference maker to me. Last year I said Winona would have no one worthy of that position this year unless they found a freshman, and guess what, they did.

Whitelow looks like the real difference maker to me. Last year I said Winona would have no one worthy of that position this year unless they found a freshman, and guess what, they did.
    Agreed. He is super-quick and gets into the lane well. Like his game a lot. The coming weekend will be a nice test for the squad. A split would be a good result. Excited to watch these guys as they gel and stay (get) healthy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast