Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 143

Thread: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

  1. #61

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fanofnsic View Post
    Go back to your high school writing and trying to make money off the parents and kids that want to have memories.

    You of all people being somewhat a Winona resident should remember that WSU/SMU used to be one of the biggest draws of all the games each year at WSU to begin the season. The city of Winona has always been a good basketball town and they would support the cross town match up with over 1,000 people in the stands.
    You must be thinking of way back when I was in school, WSU totally sucked, and Saint Mary’s actually had a legitimate chance to beat them.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,441
    Rep Power
    45370

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nhr_alex View Post
    Wow, that's an incredibly jaded way to look at a subscription model for news that literally almost every other media website is following.

    This year's "Battle of the Rock" score was 100-61. SMU is 1-15 on the year. I love Winona and Saint Mary's, but this isn't like a huge ticket.
    You can't say anything positive about WSU or you will get insulted. Don't take it personally. :)

  3. #63

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    I think I almost miss the cocky Winona fans.....

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,441
    Rep Power
    45370

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I think I almost miss the cocky Winona fans.....
    There's only a few of us left. We're a far more mild-mannered group. :)

  5. #65

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I think I almost miss the cocky Winona fans.....
    They’ll probably come back if we ever have something to be cocky about again.

  6. Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wsuguy87 View Post
    You can't say anything positive about WSU or you will get insulted. Don't take it personally. :)
    I'M BACK!!! Old man river here pulled it out of me.

    Until you get rid of that slime ball AD there is a group of us that will not support WSU. He flat out lied and tried to cover up one of the worst situations ever. Now they can't even have reunions for the teams because of it. Why does one guy and his choice of action decide the fate for all. The athletic department is a joke, the president plays great with saying all "the right things" and you have a staff that won't rally back around the alumni base with a guy that is a alumni and part of the teams!!

    Those old SMU/WSU games were well attended. Nephew took a trip actually to watch his first game back when Zellmann was a freshman.

  7. #67

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    WSU/SMU attendance history, compared to the season averages:

    2017-18: 364 (Average: 623)
    2016-17: N/A
    2010-11: 1,018 (Average: 1,518)
    2009-10: 1,783 (Average: 1,396)
    2008-09: 1,456 (Average: 1,441)
    2007-08: 1,793 (Average: 2,500)
    2006-07: 1,005 (Average: 3,377)
    2005-06: 539 (Average: 1,887)
    2004-05: 835 (Average: 1,147)
    2003-04: 1,027 (Average: 652)
    2001-02: 864 (Average: 543)
    2000-01: 589 (Average: 449)
    1999-00: 642 (Average: 436)
    1998-99: 1,300 (Average: 544)

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,441
    Rep Power
    45370

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wsufamily View Post
    I'M BACK!!! Old man river here pulled it out of me.

    Until you get rid of that slime ball AD there is a group of us that will not support WSU. He flat out lied and tried to cover up one of the worst situations ever. Now they can't even have reunions for the teams because of it. Why does one guy and his choice of action decide the fate for all. The athletic department is a joke, the president plays great with saying all "the right things" and you have a staff that won't rally back around the alumni base with a guy that is a alumni and part of the teams!!

    Those old SMU/WSU games were well attended. Nephew took a trip actually to watch his first game back when Zellmann was a freshman.
    Glad you're back. I think. I'm not arguing or supporting anything that the AD has or hasn't done. I'm watching basketball and commenting on the team that I see on the floor. And what I see is far from perfect, but improving and has the potential to be something good down the line.

  9. Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wsuguy87 View Post
    Glad you're back. I think. I'm not arguing or supporting anything that the AD has or hasn't done. I'm watching basketball and commenting on the team that I see on the floor. And what I see is far from perfect, but improving and has the potential to be something good down the line.
    I apologize, I respect you supporting the players. It is not there fault for the past. I feel really bad for them. They do not have the alumni around like they used to be. It was one of the cool things about that time and how the alumni would come back to support. That is where my issues with the staff come in from the basketball side. It is like they are running a entire new team. No alumni game again this year, or at least my nephew hasn't been contacted which is really sad. It shouldn't be like that especially when you have former player on the staff who was part of all of that. That is really disappoint to me.

    Best of luck to the guys though. They keep playing hard someday it might turn around for them.

  10. #70

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Spencer Treder is no longer listed on the roster.

  11. #71

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Craigler View Post
    Spencer Treder is no longer listed on the roster.
    Confirmation of what we already knew. Probably good to free up some scholarship money. Of course I have no idea what he was getting.

  12. #72

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Noticed on a timeout there were five bench-sitters for Winona tonight. Then low and behold the name Troy Slaby appears in the box score. What gives? He's not even listed on the website roster anymore.

  13. #73

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Rickey Calvin is no longer listed on the WSU roster. Kind of weird because they’re still listing Easaw, who I thought was the one who was transferring out. Maybe both of them are leaving.

  14. #74

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Craigler View Post
    Rickey Calvin is no longer listed on the WSU roster. Kind of weird because they’re still listing Easaw, who I thought was the one who was transferring out. Maybe both of them are leaving.
    Maybe whoever made the adjustment got them mixed up.

  15. #75

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Maybe whoever made the adjustment got them mixed up.
    Doesn’t make any sense actually. It’s the 2017-18 roster and Jeff’s is still on it.

  16. #76

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Doesn’t make any sense actually. It’s the 2017-18 roster and Jeff’s is still on it.
    I agree. Usually the online roster isn’t update for the new season until right before the season begins. Strange.

  17. #77

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    WSU website has also been one of the worst in the NSIC, sorry to say.

  18. #78

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    WSU website has also been one of the worst in the NSIC, sorry to say.
    Well glad they never handed out championships for that along with the gym otherwise Winona wouldn't have anything. How many championships does SMSU have for website and arena?

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21,988
    Rep Power
    589566

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I think I almost miss the cocky Winona fans.....
    "Sorry to say", but no one cares what you think.

  20. #80

    Default Re: 2017-2018 Winona State Warriors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fanofnsic View Post
    Well glad they never handed out championships for that along with the gym otherwise Winona wouldn't have anything. How many championships does SMSU have for website and arena?
    Point taken, even though I never said that they did.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •