Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92

Thread: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    16,992
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    802906

    Default NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    MEN
    Concordia-St. Paul 86, Minnesota State-Moorhead 78
    Minnesota State-Mankato 87, Mary 78
    Upper Iowa 82, Minnesota-Crookston 79
    St. Cloud State 92, Wayne State 78

    Southwest Minnesota State 79, Minnesota-Duluth 54
    Sioux Falls 80, Minot State 77
    Northern State 75, Northern State 56
    Augustana 74, Bemidji State 63

    =============================

    Quarterfinals - at Sioux Falls, SD - Sunday, Feb. 26
    Concordia-St. Paul vs. Minnesota State-Mankato (12:00 p.m.)
    Upper Iowa vs. St. Cloud State (2:30 p.m.)
    Southwest Minnesota State vs. Sioux Falls (5:30 p.m.)
    Northern State vs. Augustana (8:00 p.m.)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    16,992
    Rep Power
    802906

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    WOMEN
    Minnesota State-Moorhead 71, Southwest Minnesota State 35
    Sioux Falls 65, St. Cloud State 51
    Wayne State 85, Bemidji State 61
    Minnesota-Duluth 83, Minnesota State-Mankato 73

    Augustana 70, Minot State 61
    Winona State 64, Mary 59
    Northern State 58, Upper Iowa 29
    Minnesota-Crookston 77, Concordia-St. Paul 73

    =================================

    Quarterfinals - at Sioux Falls, SD - Saturday, Feb, 25
    Minnesota State-Moorhead vs. Sioux Falls (12:00 p.m.)
    Wayne State vs. Minnesota-Duluth (2:30 p.m.)
    Augustana vs. Winona State (5:30 p.m.)
    Northern State vs. Minnesota-Crookston (8:00 p.m.)

  3. #3

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Word from someone who had a conversation with Sundance prior to last night's game is that Ian Smith will play on Sunday.

  4. #4

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Did I read that right that the 16 seeded CSP Bears beat the #1 seed Moorhead Dragons??!!! Or is that a typo

  5. #5

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUDieHard View Post
    Did I read that right that the 16 seeded CSP Bears beat the #1 seed Moorhead Dragons??!!! Or is that a typo
    Welcome back to the insanity

  6. #6

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    3 of the 4 games on Sunday are really interesting and should be great games. Can't see CU winning again but you never know. The other 3 games are complete tossups.

  7. #7

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMustang View Post
    3 of the 4 games on Sunday are really interesting and should be great games. Can't see CU winning again but you never know. The other 3 games are complete tossups.
    Also look at that late session featuring the 4 closest schools to the Pentagon. Hopefully the late Sunday night doesn't prevent Marshallites and Aberdeenians from traveling.

  8. #8

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
    Also look at that late session featuring the 4 closest schools to the Pentagon. Hopefully the late Sunday night doesn't prevent Marshallites and Aberdeenians from traveling.
    I'm sure it will...luckily NSU has a TONS of alumni in the Sioux Falls area.

    I just wish this was played in a bigger facility, especially for an Augie/NSU game

  9. #9

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    I've never been to the Pentagon for a game before but am considering getting tickets for Sunday night's session. Do you think they will section off the seating in quarters so fans can sit by same teams fans? Since NSU has an 8 PM game how awful is it going to be for parking and getting a decent seat if I don't show up until like 7:00/7:30? I can see alot of the 5:30 people staying for the second game of the session which will make it even more miserable. Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    10542

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by NSUguy View Post
    I've never been to the Pentagon for a game before but am considering getting tickets for Sunday night's session. Do you think they will section off the seating in quarters so fans can sit by same teams fans? Since NSU has an 8 PM game how awful is it going to be for parking and getting a decent seat if I don't show up until like 7:00/7:30? I can see alot of the 5:30 people staying for the second game of the session which will make it even more miserable. Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated!
    They have not sectioned off the Pentagon in the past. Parking....you shouldn't have an issue finding a space, but may be a ways out from the facility. People that enjoy basketball in general will stick around for the second game, but it seems like many leave after their team is done playing...at least that's what it seems like in the past.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,865
    Rep Power
    192322

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by NSUguy View Post
    I've never been to the Pentagon for a game before but am considering getting tickets for Sunday night's session. Do you think they will section off the seating in quarters so fans can sit by same teams fans? Since NSU has an 8 PM game how awful is it going to be for parking and getting a decent seat if I don't show up until like 7:00/7:30? I can see alot of the 5:30 people staying for the second game of the session which will make it even more miserable. Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated!
    First of all there isnt a bad seat on the Pentagon. All tickets are GA and usually between games they encourage fans of teams who are done to move out of the seats directly behind the bench so the next group of fans is able to move in and as good Midwesterners most people comply. There are plenty of parking places throughout the complex so that won't be an issue.

    Secondly, any concerns you have about SMSU/USF fans squatting on valuable real estate for the Augie/NSU blood bath should be quelled by the knowledge that a reunion tour of Kevin and the Zits would out draw most USF home games.

  12. #12

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by NSUguy View Post
    I've never been to the Pentagon for a game before but am considering getting tickets for Sunday night's session. Do you think they will section off the seating in quarters so fans can sit by same teams fans? Since NSU has an 8 PM game how awful is it going to be for parking and getting a decent seat if I don't show up until like 7:00/7:30? I can see alot of the 5:30 people staying for the second game of the session which will make it even more miserable. Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated!
    Enjoy the game for me, would be fun

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    10542

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Secondly, any concerns you have about SMSU/USF fans squatting on valuable real estate for the Augie/NSU blood bath should be quelled by the knowledge that a reunion tour of Kevin and the Zits would out draw most USF home games.
    Wow...but you're probably correct.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,865
    Rep Power
    192322

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    The dream lives for another 20 minutes as the Bears pull within one of the Mavs at the half.

  15. #15

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    The dream lives for another 20 minutes as the Bears pull within one of the Mavs at the half.
    Pretty miraculous

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,865
    Rep Power
    192322

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    The dream lives for another 20 minutes as the Bears pull within one of the Mavs at the half.
    The dream is dead. Mavs will win by double digits.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Renville County, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,690
    Rep Power
    4782

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Mavs pull away to win by 22. Hopefully Fuqua has a better game tomorrow in the semi-finals.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,865
    Rep Power
    192322

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Upper Iowa has made life miserable for Davis and Stone while running out to a 40-31 halftime lead over the Huskies. The Peaco*ks look extremely fancy on offense with a never ending barrage of passing, cutting, and shooting.

  19. #19

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Upper Iowa has made life miserable for Davis and Stone while running out to a 40-31 halftime lead over the Huskies. The Peaco*ks look extremely fancy on offense with a never ending barrage of passing, cutting, and shooting.
    6-0 run to start the 2nd half by Upper Iowa.

  20. #20

    Default Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

    Everyone not named Averkamp for SCSU:

    5-26 FGs

    Averkamp:
    10-10 FGs

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •