Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

  1. #1

    Default Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    2:10 to play

  2. Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    MSSU 84, Northwest 71 with 1:15 left.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Don't know what happened won't really hurt Northwest in getting to playoffs just pride as undefeated season comes to an end hope no injuries as would like MIAA to go far in tournament.

  4. Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Final: 88-71

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Maryville, MO
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    109997

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Congrats to MSSU. No big deal. Better to get this loss now instead of later. Takes pressure off and NW can refocus for the MIAA and NCAA tournaments.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Wow!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,865
    Rep Power
    192322

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Well now the MIAA totally deserves two Regional bids.

  8. Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Southern could be back in the running. If they can close out with wins over Pitt and Central Mo, and Kearney loses once more, I believe we earn the second seed.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Southern could be back in the running. If they can close out with wins over Pitt and Central Mo, and Kearney loses once more, I believe we earn the second seed.
    Yeah, I definitely would give MSSU a strong chance at the No. 10 slot this week after that win.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    As I said before, not that this is likely...but anyone can potentially beat anyone... don't crown them

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    19794

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Thanks MSSU. As an ATU fan, that really helps us out as well. It will be cool to see you guys get back in the running for the regional.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Maryville, MO
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    109997

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    MSSU (16-10, 10-7) might crack top 10. Non-conference D2 record against teams .500 or better was 3 wins (SCSU, Mankato, Rockhurst) and 2 losses (Drury, Arkansas Tech). Bad loss to Missouri S&T (11-13, 5-12 GLVC). Against conference teams with conference record .500 or better, MSSU is 6-4. Against conference teams with overall record of .500 or better they are 7-6. Bad loss to Missouri Western (7-19, 3-14 MIAA). Versus current Central Region top 10, MSSU is 1-3.
    Last edited by CatFan88; 02-19-2017 at 05:59 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Maryville, MO
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    109997

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Well now the MIAA totally deserves two Regional bids.
    Beside NW, who else? UNK certainly back on bubble with UCM's 2 straight losses, but resume isn't that great. FHSU? MSSU? Neither have great resumes. MSSU has H2H over UNK and FHSU. Top 8 won't change. NW will remain #1 in region. 2-7 will see some seeding changes I think.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,865
    Rep Power
    192322

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Beside NW, who else? UNK certainly back on bubble with UCM's 2 straight losses, but resume isn't that great. FHSU? MSSU? Neither have great resumes. MSSU has H2H over UNK and FHSU. Top 8 won't change. NW will remain #1 in region. 2-7 will see some seeding changes I think.
    Much like MIAA teams outside of NW, the seriousness of my post was lacking.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Maryville, MO
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    109997

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Much like MIAA teams outside of NW, the seriousness of my post was lacking.
    Northern St. and Upper Iowa switch places in top 8 with Augie moving to 7 and Northern St. up to 8? NW remains 1. SMSU, Arkansas Tech take 2 and 3 slots interchangeably. Moorhead 4, East Central 5, Monticello 6?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Northern St. and Upper Iowa switch places in top 8 with Augie moving to 7 and Northern St. up to 8? NW remains 1. SMSU, Arkansas Tech take 2 and 3 slots interchangeably. Moorhead 4, East Central 5, Monticello 6?
    1) NW Missouri
    2) Arkansas Tech
    3) SW Minnesota
    4) Moorhead
    5) AR-Monticello
    6) Augustana
    7) East Central
    8) Northern

    That's what IMO it should be. But I think they'll switch Augustana and EC to avoid the GAC matchup (even though it's still weeks away).

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Maryville, MO
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    109997

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    1) NW Missouri
    2) Arkansas Tech
    3) SW Minnesota
    4) Moorhead
    5) AR-Monticello
    6) Augustana
    7) East Central
    8) Northern

    That's what IMO it should be. But I think they'll switch Augustana and EC to avoid the GAC matchup (even though it's still weeks away).
    If you put Southwest Minnesota St. 2 and Arkansas Tech 3, according to your seeding, then it avoids NSIC vs NSIC and GAC vs GAC 1st round match up and keeps GAC vs NSIC match up at 4-5. I like that match-up scenario.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    19794

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    1) NW Missouri
    2) Arkansas Tech
    3) SW Minnesota
    4) Moorhead
    5) AR-Monticello
    6) Augustana
    7) East Central
    8) Northern

    That's what IMO it should be. But I think they'll switch Augustana and EC to avoid the GAC matchup (even though it's still weeks away).
    I think if you move Tech down to 4, you'll be pretty spot on. I can't see Arkansas Tech moving up to 2, even with a win over a current top 10 and two wins over teams over .500 last week (Harding - 14-10).

    However, if you think there should be a move made for matchups, I'd say moving Tech to 3 makes more sense. That way the matchups would be...

    (1) Northwest Missouri State
    (8) Northern State

    (4) MSU-Moorhead
    (5) Arkansas-Monticello

    (3) Arkansas Tech
    (6) Augustana

    (2) Southwest Minnesota State
    (7) East Central

    No inter-conference matchups across the board and some of these matchups would be interesting as hell. Shoot, I'd look forward to a Tech/AU game just for the Justin Graham/Jordan Spencer matchup.
    Last edited by Toucanbird; 02-19-2017 at 11:12 AM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Maryville, MO
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    109997

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Quote Originally Posted by Toucanbird View Post
    I think if you move Tech down to 4, you'll be pretty spot on. I can't see Arkansas Tech moving up to 2, even with a win over a current top 10 and two wins over teams over .500 last week (Harding - 14-10).

    However, if you think there should be a move made for matchups, I'd say moving Tech to 3 makes more sense. That way the matchups would be...

    (1) Northwest Missouri State
    (8) Northern State

    (4) MSU-Moorhead
    (5) Arkansas-Monticello

    (3) Arkansas Tech
    (6) Augustana

    (2) Southwest Minnesota State
    (7) East Central

    No inter-conference matchups across the board and some of these matchups would be interesting as hell. Shoot, I'd look forward to a Tech/AU game just for the Justin Graham/Jordan Spencer matchup.
    I think this is more accurate of what new Central Region rankings will look like.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Much like MIAA teams outside of NW, the seriousness of my post was lacking.
    And now that one of the weak MIAA teams beat NW, with a well-executed game plan ... it should be easy for the much more talented teams from the NSIC or GAC to beat NW and win the regional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •