Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

  1. #1

    Default 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Here are your standings through week nine of the season. Congrats to Stanger86, NSUguy and vikingfaithful on doing the best with 14 correct picks!

    1. wscsuperfan 96
    2. Augieholic 94
    T-3. AugieSkyhook 93
    Stanger86
    5. PurpleMavMan 91
    T-6. MrMustang 90
    NSUguy
    8. DapperDan 89
    T-9. laker 88
    Guest69
    T-11. Simple as a $3bill 87
    CoahSalscheider
    T-13. MrAugustana 85
    NSU4Life
    15. vikingfaithful 79
    16. njmav1 69

  2. #2

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Friday February 3rd
    Winona vs.Moorhead
    Southwest vs. Minot
    Sioux Falls vs. Mary
    Crookston vs. Augustana
    Duluth vs. Mankato
    Upper Iowa vs. Northern
    Bemidji vs. Wayne
    St. Cloud vs. Concordia

    Saturday February 4th
    Bemidji vs. Augustana
    Upper Iowa vs. Moorhead
    Sioux Falls vs. Minot
    Crookston vs. Wayne
    St. Cloud vs. Mankato
    Winona vs. Northern
    Southwest vs. Mary
    Duluth vs. Concordia

  3. #3

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    The last three regular season meetingstarts at Wachs the Wolves have lost to Winona once and beat UIU all three times.


    With it being " I Hate Winter" weekend, and due to a twitter uprising thanks to a certain SMSU supporter saying "NSU will never out-do Hawaiian Night" I expect atleast 6,000 one, if not both nights especially considering how both men and women are still in contention and the importance of these games.

    Word has been spreading fast, and with hot tubs in full force I expect the student section to step up to their challenge.

    Pay attention during the men's game, though having a daughter I'm not sure I find it acceptable, the women's team usually has a nice surprise for opposing teams when they come to the FT line.

    Unfortunately we can't make it this weekend but I will be ignoring the in-laws as well as the newborn we are going to meet (not ours) while watching intently.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    46,779
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Word has been spreading fast, and with hot tubs in full force I expect the student section to step up to their challenge.

    Pay attention during the men's game, though having a daughter I'm not sure I find it acceptable, the women's team usually has a nice surprise for opposing teams when they come to the FT line. .
    Both of these could be dangerous.

  5. #5

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Both of these could be dangerous.
    NSU used this tactic (co-eds flashing their swim suits) even under Coach Wachs in the early 80s. It was effective then, and I suspect effective now. ; - )

  6. #6

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Just had to mention that the classic hit song "Know I'm a G" just popped up on my Facebook memories. Can you believe that thing is seven years old?!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    46,779
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Just had to mention that the classic hit song "Know I'm a G" just popped up on my Facebook memories. Can you believe that thing is seven years old?!
    Time flies. I wonder if it ever went platinum?

  8. #8

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    The last three regular season meetingstarts at Wachs the Wolves have lost to Winona once and beat UIU all three times.


    With it being " I Hate Winter" weekend, and due to a twitter uprising thanks to a certain SMSU supporter saying "NSU will never out-do Hawaiian Night" I expect atleast 6,000 one, if not both nights especially considering how both men and women are still in contention and the importance of these games.

    Word has been spreading fast, and with hot tubs in full force I expect the student section to step up to their challenge.

    Pay attention during the men's game, though having a daughter I'm not sure I find it acceptable, the women's team usually has a nice surprise for opposing teams when they come to the FT line.

    Unfortunately we can't make it this weekend but I will be ignoring the in-laws as well as the newborn we are going to meet (not ours) while watching intently.
    Oh come on... it's completely acceptable. They are adults and have a swim suit on. No worse than going to the beach. :)

  9. #9

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by NSUguy View Post
    Oh come on... it's completely acceptable. They are adults and have a swim suit on. No worse than going to the beach. :)
    When that little girl comes in about 11 months you'll see how it changes you....not totally...but it does change you.

  10. #10

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    I picked Concordia over Duluth. I have been burned several times this year by Concordia and have many doubts about my pick. I may bail out on Concordia yet...we'll see. : - (

  11. Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    I picked Concordia over Duluth. I have been burned several times this year by Concordia and have many doubts about my pick. I may bail out on Concordia yet...we'll see. : - (
    That could be the trash game of the year in the league.

  12. #12

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Final from Blakeslee

    Duluth 51
    MSU 56

  13. #13

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Final NSU 83 Upper Iowa 72

  14. #14

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by NSUguy View Post
    Final NSU 83 Upper Iowa 72
    Boom baby

  15. #15

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by NSUguy View Post
    Final NSU 83 Upper Iowa 72
    Nice win

    SMSU 74, Minot 64

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    16,953
    Rep Power
    768053

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    Bemidji hits a deep 3 at the buzzer for a 78-76 win over Wayne

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    46,779
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    MSU tops UMD in a lifeless game.

    It was a win. Not much else to say about it. I'm hoping for more energy tomorrow.

  18. #18

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    I miss Ryan Deal writing for Northern....he did such a good job.

    Anyways...big win for the men. Still some time to go and lots to play for. Was disappointed in the attendance but hope it's better tomorrow.

  19. #19

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    For as much as people talk about the league talent being down, it's interesting we still have records that were outdoing ones from a decade ago. There's five games left, but seven teams are currently 11-6 or better in league play. Compare that with 07-08, which after Winona and Northern, Southwest was in third place at 11-7.

    We might not have the nationally-elite teams (I'd agree that Winona and Northern were probably better than any current team), but taking that out of the picture I feel like the NSIC is as deep at the top as it's ever been. The unpredictability almost reminds me of the last few seasons of the NCC.

    It's a pretty young talent base too. Every team has its seniors, but there seems to be a nice group of players returning. The current sophomore class is an impressive list, with Davis, Guebert, Smith, Bruggeman and Witthus, among others.

  20. #20

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 10 (Chat Only)

    For whoever might even care anymore Moorhead put up the first 15 points on Winona and that was all she wrote. Winona is very capable of giving up sizeable double digit leads but very incapable of making them up. Their complete offensive scheme for the first ten minutes was pass the ball around the perimeter and eventually hoist up a three, none of which were dropping. It is becoming more and more apparent that This this team is under coached. Some of the younger guys got more minutes last night and believe me when I say there is nothing there too get even remotely excited about. This school should write a book on how to screw a successful program.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •