Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KWC Football

Contribute to D2

Default KWC Football

"32 cross buck on 3, break!"

Default Re: KWC Football

Keelan Cole just picked up his Third All American Honors. First in the G-MAC.

Kentucky Wesleyan should benefit from this. I heard for sure he is going to get a hard look from an NFL team. He should, an All Purpose All American can actually play in the NFL. He's got the numbers and the foot speed.

He obviously is a receiver. I'm not sure if he could be an NFL wide receiver, but he's got a shot.

Keelan Cole ranks around #41 at the WR position for the NFL draft. I believe there are four players from Louisville, WKU, and KWC in the top 60 WR recruits.

On a personal note in the off season, I am reminded of my first concussion. In a Junior High football game there was a 300 pound defensive lineman coming at me while I was playing quarterback. With little in game experience he scared the crap out of me and I threw the ball away instead of positioning myself for a called pass play to a right wing receiver downfield.

The next day in practice the coaching staff lined me up head to head with the roughest lineman on the team and he knocked me the hell out.

Wrestling seemed more feasible in high school because you wrestled in the same weight class as your opponent. The five mile pre practice runs went swell. However, in my Junior year a wrestler from Christian County dislocated my neck and I was out the rest of the season.

I never got penned in my Senior year until I wrestled the Indiana State Champion from Mater Dei in Evansville in an AAU tournament after the regular high school season was over. I would have placed in the regional in tennis as well until I got hit by a ball in my left eye, and I am going blind in that eye now due to that blood clot injury.

I should have played it safe and stuck to baseball in High School. It was the sport I was best in, but I wanted to be tough. Now, after several concussions I have brain damage and I'm partially losing my sight. Still, the lessons I learned from athletics keep coming back to me. Keep playing hard until the game is over. If you leave it on the court, the field, or the mat - you have at least done something.

Congrats to KWC's Keelan Cole. Very cool. I will be rooting for him to make it.

Keelan Cole signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 05-20-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Former KWC QB Dalton Oliver had his name in the draft as well. His stock went up after playing International Football in Paris, France last season. He will probably go back to France. There are worse places to live than Paris.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 05-03-2017 at 12:37 AM.

I looked up Keelan Cole's three year contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. His three year contract is listed @ $1.665 Million.

He becomes a Restricted Free Agent in 2020.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 05-20-2017 at 07:54 PM.

2017 Schedule

Aug 31 @ Murray State
    Sept 9 Livingstone College
    Sept 16 @ Kentucky State
    Sept 30 @ Hillsdale College
    Oct 7 Walsh
    Oct 14 @ Malone
    Oct 21 @ Findlay
    Oct 28 Lake Erie
    Nov 4 @ Ohio Dominican
    * Nov 11 Alderson Broaddus -
    G-MAC Founders Cup

KWC signed 19 on National Signing Day

Most of them are from Kentucky, heavy with players from Louisville.

OL - 6
    QB - 2
    DB - 2
    DE - 2
    DT - 1
    LB - 1
    WR - 1
    Punter - 1

@ www.kwcpanthers.com

The KWC Football team is expected to compete and win this season. They could, and they should. It's great that Keelan Cole is playing in the NFL.

I have no idea how Brent will do, or how much support the administration is giving him.

Panther Head Coach Brent Holsclaw will be welcoming the new and returning Football players to campus this Sunday.

A bunch of new players will be coming in. The team always looks great on the field. We'll see how the new quarterbacks and offensive line look at Murray State University at Racer Stadium. Every time MSU gets a TD a horse will run around the track. Year before last the horse looked like he could barely make the quarter mile. Keelan Cole could whip him in the 100 yard dash.

KWC alumnifan - How do you feel about KWC being picked to finished 7th out of 8 GMAC teams? What is your opinion of the Panthers having to play Findlay, Ohio Dominican, Hillsdale? We former GLIAC members know little about your program, except what we've been able to keep track of here on D2.com.

Last season's best KWC player was Keelan Cole who scored on a 97 yard TD pass against the New England Patriots. The Jaguars QB threw it from the end zone and Cole caught it at the forty yard line for a sixty yard TD run. That probably sealed a spot for him as a RFA for the Jags.

I don't know what to expect in the expanded G-MAC. KWC will compete in the G-MAC. I can see them being a little better than next to last, depending on how well the new players adjust. The KWC Football team will improve in the G-MAC.

I am going to see them play at Murray State. I can tell you more after I see them play.

17. Default Re: KWC Football

Out on a limb.... I think KWC has a WR that will put up receiving numbers much like Cole did last year. Much depends on our QB.

I liked the preseason interview with Coach Holsclaw. When you are in the fastest growing conference in D2, that helps your recruiting and attendance. I see the KWC team improving as the season progresses.

I don't think any individual player this season will be like Keelan Cole. John Clay from the Lexington Herald Leader wrote an article this week stating pretty much that Keelan should make it as the sixth WR for the Jags. If he doesn't make the rotation, I still see him on the practice squad.

If Keelan makes the rotation there will be plenty of high school players who will want to come to KWC as either a QB or WR.

Wesleyan has a pretty good QB and both lines up front have added a number of players. I don't think KWC will back down this season. It's not like they play bad teams on the D2 level. The G-MAC Football Conference will really help a team like KWC. I would rank them 6th. This season should see KWC start to really improve their program.

Kentucky Wesleyan College Athletics Facebook page has posted a new video preview of the 2017 Football Team. It's great! No kidding. The people working in the sports information department and social media are top notch this season.

If you want to see a mini D2 Football Preseason Documentary, you would like this one. It's not flashy, but it's very clean and it gives you different views of how they are practicing on the field, and clean views of the field and stadium.

The entire Athletic Department at KWC is upping it's game, especially from a G-MAC perspective as to how the conference wants their members to conform. The college has rebranded and financial support for the athletic department is going up.

Steele Stadium is a very nice small on campus stadium. It seats 3,000.

Go to Facebook and search Kentucky Wesleyan Athletics to view the season preview.

Who could ever believe that a kid could come to Kentucky Wesleyan as a walk-on Football Player, and end up on the 53 man roster for the Jacksonville Jaguars?

Keelan Cole's story should help Wesleyan's​ football program in the future. They are favored to beat Livingstone. Livingstone is not real good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast