Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attendance across the Central Region

Contribute to D2

Default Attendance across the Central Region

I was a little bored this weekend, so I decided to see how the teams across the Central Region stack up in attendance, both regionally and nationally. One takeaway I had is that for as much as we complain about lower attendance up here in the Northern Sun at some schools, it actually is still mostly favorable when you compare to the rest of the 300-some schools in Division II.

1. Northern State (NSIC) 3,470
    2. Augustana (NSIC) 2,623
    3. Fort Hays State (MIAA) 2,266
    5. Southwest Minnesota State (NSIC) 1,877
    6. Nebraska-Kearney (MIAA) 1,787
    7. Washburn (MIAA) 1,703
    8. Central Missouri (MIAA) 1,675
    15. Missouri Southern State (MIAA) 1,278
    17. Emporia State (MIAA) 1,203
    21. Pittsburg State (MIAA) 1,184
    22. St. Cloud State (NSIC) 1,181
    27. Minnesota State Moorhead (NSIC) 1,094
    30. Northwest Missouri State (MIAA) 1,077
    32. Missouri Western State (MIAA) 1,047
    33. Harding (GAC) 1,042
    35. Minnesota State (NSIC) 1,038
    39. Winona State (NSIC) 972
    41. U-Mary (NSIC) 952
    42. Southeastern Oklahoma (GAC) 944
    46. Minot State (NSIC) 897
    63. Southwestern Oklahoma (GAC) 780
    64. Lincoln (MIAA) 775
    71. Oklahoma Baptist (GAC) 716
    75. Sioux Falls (NSIC) 691
    79. Northeastern State (MIAA) 674
    81. Lindenwood (MIAA) 666
    82. Arkansas Tech (GAC) 649
    86. Northwestern Oklahoma (GAC) 641
    87. Southwest Baptist (MIAA) 640
    94. Wayne State (NSIC) 593
    125. Minnesota Duluth (NSIC) 493
    137. East Central (GAC) 440
    146. Bemidji State (NSIC) 417
    150. Southern Nazarene (GAC) 409
    155. Concordia-St. Paul (NSIC) 400
    163. Minnesota-Crookston (NSIC) 391
    170. Central Oklahoma (MIAA) 378
    186. Henderson State (GAC) 342
    194. Arkansas-Monticello (GAC) 334
    197. Upper Iowa (NSIC) 329
    198. Ouachita Baptist (GAC) 326
    206. Southern Arkansas (GAC) 314

Default Re: Attendance across the Central Region

Nice work!

Some of the NSIC schools must use the same reporting firm as Trump did for the rally. I would say Upper Iowa though is on the up and up. Sad the first place team in the South is last in attendance average.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofnsic View Post
    Some of the NSIC schools must use the same reporting firm as Trump did for the rally.
    Inauguration?

I found these numbers incredibly accurate as well!

Quote Originally Posted by fanofnsic View Post
    Sad the first place team in the South is last in attendance average.
    SMSU is third.

According to these attendance totals, MSU 35th nationally in Division II. Amazing, considering the dismal home attendance at both the women's and men's games up to this point in the season.
    The webcasts of the games probably has some effect on the lesser attendance overall across Division II; though it is nice to see the away games and those home games I can't get to.
    I can recall a few games vs. St. Cloud, USD, UNO, also Winona, when the Taylor Center was at capacity. The first three about a decade ago; the most recent when Marei and Monahan were playing for the Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by MStateMaverick View Post
    According to these attendance totals, MSU 35th nationally in Division II. Amazing, considering the dismal home attendance at both the women's and men's games up to this point in the season.
    That's down an average of 145 from last year, by comparison, when MSU finished 30th. Two years ago, MSU finished 18th at 1,478

The one thing I will say that hurts Arkansas Tech's attendance a little bit is we did have four conference home games that occurred while the students were still on winter break. Considering the gym sizes/quality of arenas in the GAC, I'm not shocked to see teams like UAM, OBU, and SAU toward the bottom. The one thing that does surprise me a little bit is how low UAM's attendance is just due to how good the team has been this year. The official attendance for the ATU/UAM game last Saturday was 1023 and a colleague did say that was the most packed he's seen it for a basketball game in quite a long time in Monticello.

Quote Originally Posted by Toucanbird View Post
    The official attendance for the ATU/UAM game last Saturday was 1023 and a colleague did say that was the most packed he's seen it for a basketball game in quite a long time in Monticello.
    Well, they've had four home games with under 200 fans. That game bumped up the average from 257 to 334.

The webcasts of the games probably has some effect on the lesser attendance overall across Division II; though it is nice to see the away games and those home games I can't get to.
    I can recall a few games vs. St. Cloud, USD, UNO, also Winona, when the Taylor Center was at capacity. The first three about a decade ago; the most recent when Marei and Monahan were playing for the Mavs.
    Such fun games! Would love to see that place full again. They do have a very good young nucleus now but that doesn't mean much until it materializes.

11. Default Re: Attendance across the Central Region

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Such fun games! Would love to see that place full again. They do have a very good young nucleus now but that doesn't mean much until it materializes.
    They'll be experienced again next year when Matt goes out and brings in 6 or 7 more Div. I transfers.

12. Default Re: Attendance across the Central Region

Emporia State played MSSU at home yesterday (at Emporia). Found it funny that in the paper it said something like 2,100 for the girls' game and 1,300 for men. Which would mean at least 800 people got up and left after the girls' game ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I was a little bored this weekend, so I decided to see how the teams across the Central Region stack up in attendance, both regionally and nationally. One takeaway I had is that for as much as we complain about lower attendance up here in the Northern Sun at some schools, it actually is still mostly favorable when you compare to the rest of the 300-some schools in Division II.

1. Northern State (NSIC) 3,470
    2. Augustana (NSIC) 2,623
    3. Fort Hays State (MIAA) 2,266
    5. Southwest Minnesota State (NSIC) 1,877
    6. Nebraska-Kearney (MIAA) 1,787
    7. Washburn (MIAA) 1,703
    8. Central Missouri (MIAA) 1,675
    15. Missouri Southern State (MIAA) 1,278
    17. Emporia State (MIAA) 1,203
    21. Pittsburg State (MIAA) 1,184
    22. St. Cloud State (NSIC) 1,181
    27. Minnesota State Moorhead (NSIC) 1,094
    30. Northwest Missouri State (MIAA) 1,077
    32. Missouri Western State (MIAA) 1,047
    33. Harding (GAC) 1,042
    35. Minnesota State (NSIC) 1,038
    39. Winona State (NSIC) 972
    41. U-Mary (NSIC) 952
    42. Southeastern Oklahoma (GAC) 944
    46. Minot State (NSIC) 897
    63. Southwestern Oklahoma (GAC) 780
    64. Lincoln (MIAA) 775
    71. Oklahoma Baptist (GAC) 716
    75. Sioux Falls (NSIC) 691
    79. Northeastern State (MIAA) 674
    81. Lindenwood (MIAA) 666
    82. Arkansas Tech (GAC) 649
    86. Northwestern Oklahoma (GAC) 641
    87. Southwest Baptist (MIAA) 640
    94. Wayne State (NSIC) 593
    125. Minnesota Duluth (NSIC) 493
    137. East Central (GAC) 440
    146. Bemidji State (NSIC) 417
    150. Southern Nazarene (GAC) 409
    155. Concordia-St. Paul (NSIC) 400
    163. Minnesota-Crookston (NSIC) 391
    170. Central Oklahoma (MIAA) 378
    186. Henderson State (GAC) 342
    194. Arkansas-Monticello (GAC) 334
    197. Upper Iowa (NSIC) 329
    198. Ouachita Baptist (GAC) 326
    206. Southern Arkansas (GAC) 314
    Floors me the attendance Northern gets year after year. Are you still awaiting TV and the internet out there?

That Region final with Marie and Vette was one for the books. Fond memory.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Marei; darn spellcheck.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

It was always nice when I could easily drive to regionals- for me, Mankato, Marshall and St. Cloud are pretty close to the same. Great basketball, great atmosphere and great highs and lows.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Emporia State played MSSU at home yesterday (at Emporia). Found it funny that in the paper it said something like 2,100 for the girls' game and 1,300 for men. Which would mean at least 800 people got up and left after the girls' game ended.
    That's strange. I think it probably has something to do with when they cut off the number. Similar decrease for the Pittsburg State games on Wednesday.

I think at most schools, the women's attendance is included in the men's total (because even if people bought a ticket in the first half of the women's game, it counts as a ticket for both the men's game and women's game). They must only count those as women's tickets, or something like that.

Pittsburg State does the same thing it appears.

With the success ESU's Women have had through the years it's not unusual to see the arena with more open seats for the Men's game vs the Women's. Not sure how they determine the actual attendance.

Floors me the attendance Northern gets year after year. Are you still awaiting TV and the internet out there?
    Northern played at Augustana with the game on ESPN 3 and still drew 3576 men's, 2451 women's.

IThat's can't be explained only experienced. Basketball is a religion of its own and Northern State is all about family. It's cheesy and sounds weird, but like I said, until you experience it it won't make sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast