Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: NW-UNK

  1. #1

    Default NW-UNK

    Heard Mac on radio talking about the game. Said Kearney may be the best shooting team NW has played since Lake Superior State. Also said that they appear "passive" on defense. Lansman has become the go to guy since the departure of Beranek. Can any UNK fans add anything? I think NW wins by double digits, but maybe I'm underestimating the Lopers.

  2. #2

    Default Re: NW-UNK

    I saw Kearney when they played MSSU. MSSU won pretty handily, and I see no reason why NW won't win big. Kearney's defense was soft that night and Lansman was very quiet. I agree ... NW by double digits.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    8,744
    Rep Power
    236138

    Default Re: NW-UNK

    NW beat a tough UNK team 88-71 after only leading 32-31 at the half. Pitts had 37 pts and Schneider had 24.

  4. #4

    Default Re: NW-UNK

    UNK really came to play and played hard. If they could have hit some 3s in the first half they would have a nice lead going into half. As usual, Pitts was Pitts and made some unbelievable plays. Schneider was 8-11 on 3s and squelched UNK momentum several times. UNK played like the second best team in the MIAA.

    If my math is right, Pitts went past the 1,500 point mark tonight.
    Last edited by 86Catillac; 01-19-2017 at 10:14 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: NW-UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    UNK really came to play and played hard. If they could have hit some 3s in the first half they would have a nice lead going into half. As usual, Pitts was Pitts and made some unbelievable plays. Schneider was 8-11 on 3s and squelched UNK momentum several times. UNK played like the second best team in the MIAA.

    If my math is right, Pitts went past the 1,500 point mark tonight.
    According to game notes he was at 1475 prior to UNK so he passed 1500. NW all time leading scorer is 1795. There are 10 regular season games left. If NW plays in at least 5 postseason games, including conference tourney, in addition to regular season games and he averaged 20 the rest of the year then he would be the all time leading scorer in NW history with a full year left to play. UNBELIEVABLE!

  6. Default Re: NW-UNK

    Any chance Pitts will declare for the NBA draft and come out early?

    Sorry, am just dreaming....

  7. #7

    Default Re: NW-UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    According to game notes he was at 1475 prior to UNK so he passed 1500. NW all time leading scorer is 1795. There are 10 regular season games left. If NW plays in at least 5 postseason games, including conference tourney, in addition to regular season games and he averaged 20 the rest of the year then he would be the all time leading scorer in NW history with a full year left to play. UNBELIEVABLE!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Any chance Pitts will declare for the NBA draft and come out early?

    Sorry, am just dreaming....
    Hahaha. I was probably two minutes away from posting, "It's a good thing he has a chance to break it this year since he'll be in the NBA next year."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    8,744
    Rep Power
    236138

    Default Re: NW-UNK

    Zack hit 8 of 11 3's and the team was 14-26. JP had 7 assists to go with his 37 pts and I think around 6 rebounds. Great win for NW...the 1st half was nip & tuck but the difference in the 2nd half was that NW had 2 big runs to only 1 for UNK.

  9. #9

    Default Re: NW-UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    UNK played like the second best team in the MIAA.
    With NW beating the 2nd best team in the MIAA by 16, hard to imagine a loss in their future.

  10. Default Re: NW-UNK

    Come on guys. Just because so far a team has been winning by double digits, we've all been around this game long enough to know that teams can have off nights, foul trouble, illness, etc.

    The Northwest guys know how tough it would be to go undefeated in league play. So let's not all talk like a 16 point win over Kearney seals the deal. Southern beat Kearney by about the same total.

    The Bearcats are good enough by all means. But it's kind of like going 16-0 in the NFL. Even the best typically slip up somewhere along the way.

  11. #11

    Default Re: NW-UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Come on guys. Just because so far a team has been winning by double digits, we've all been around this game long enough to know that teams can have off nights, foul trouble, illness, etc.

    The Northwest guys know how tough it would be to go undefeated in league play. So let's not all talk like a 16 point win over Kearney seals the deal. Southern beat Kearney by about the same total.

    The Bearcats are good enough by all means. But it's kind of like going 16-0 in the NFL. Even the best typically slip up somewhere along the way.
    I've gone on record a few times saying I think NW gets knocked off at some point in the regular season. Just don't know who. Maybe Southern in Joplin? Nw lost at both LU and LW last year.

  12. Default Re: NW-UNK

    For sure though Northwest easily wins the regular season title, assuming they avoid a serious injury bug.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Maryville, MO
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    109997

    Default Re: NW-UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    I've gone on record a few times saying I think NW gets knocked off at some point in the regular season. Just don't know who. Maybe Southern in Joplin? Nw lost at both LU and LW last year.
    The Lincoln and Lindenwood road trip got us last year. Not to worried about Pitt on road but MSSU is always a tough road game and we get Washburn at home. That being said, NW is really good. Coach Sinn had some really good teams in the 80's. Tapp also with his runs to Elite Eight, but this might be the best in terms of collective talent.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •