Thread: NW Ties Record

Default NW Ties Record

With last night's win over UCM, NW tied the MIAA record with 19 straight conference wins (including the end of the year last year). The record goes back to 1931, which was also held by NW when coached by Henry Iba. Pretty impressive feat for the Bearcats. I still think they lose a game or two in conference somewhere along the way but it's hard to guess who that would be looking at the schedule. I think it will take an all around off night offensively for that to happen. They have enough scorers that one or two can have an off night and they can still win comfortably. That is mostly due to the fact that they are so strong defensively. Hopefully they can maintain it for the next 2 months or so!

NW Ties Record

Default Re: NW Ties Record

wow...didn't realize that....very cool...good luck vs the purple Bearcats

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    I still think they lose a game or two in conference somewhere along the way but it's hard to guess who that would be looking at the schedule. I think it will take an all around off night offensively for that to happen. They have enough scorers that one or two can have an off night and they can still win comfortably. That is mostly due to the fact that they are so strong defensively. Hopefully they can maintain it for the next 2 months or so!
    I hope not, because I would rather travel to Maryville than Monticello! (and don't let Toucanbird tell any of us differently!)

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    With last night's win over UCM, NW tied the MIAA record with 19 straight conference wins (including the end of the year last year). The record goes back to 1931, which was also held by NW when coached by Henry Iba. Pretty impressive feat for the Bearcats. I still think they lose a game or two in conference somewhere along the way but it's hard to guess who that would be looking at the schedule. I think it will take an all around off night offensively for that to happen. They have enough scorers that one or two can have an off night and they can still win comfortably. That is mostly due to the fact that they are so strong defensively. Hopefully they can maintain it for the next 2 months or so!

NW Ties Record
    I'm with you that they will drop a game it two somewhere, but winning at the multi is a big barrier that was knocked out. To go unblemished in conference play seemed impossible, but it now seems like a remote possibility.

Congrats to the Bearcats. The odds are against going through the season unscathed, but they've already beaten the odds by tying the record, so who knows?

NW now has the record for consecutive MIAA wins at 20....Congrats to Coach Mac and the Cats!

Barring injuries, I have no idea who can beat them.