Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Games Dec 30/31

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chaska, MN
    Posts
    2,806
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    286494

    Default Games Dec 30/31

    This is not the pick em thread, NSU4LIFE can start that one. Thoughts on the games this weekend?

    MSU has a tough road trip with Moorhead and Northern. Any combination of results would not surprise me. Am hoping for an MSU sweep but know that is truly hoping. Also hopeful the break gave Witthus some time to heal. Although the team defense hasn't been the strength of the team (cough cough) it has at least been better with a healthy Joey.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    On it right now, sorry boys, I thought I had it going already

  3. #3

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Game of the week Friday night in Sioux Falls

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Renville County, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,690
    Rep Power
    4782

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    This is not the pick em thread, NSU4LIFE can start that one. Thoughts on the games this weekend?

    MSU has a tough road trip with Moorhead and Northern. Any combination of results would not surprise me. Am hoping for an MSU sweep but know that is truly hoping. Also hopeful the break gave Witthus some time to heal. Although the team defense hasn't been the strength of the team (cough cough) it has at least been better with a healthy Joey.
    Mavs need at least a split this weekend, to have any hopes at all of staying in contention. Hopefully this years' team can continue to improve as the season progresses, as they did last year. But it has to get turned around now.

  5. Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    nm
    Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 12-28-2016 at 09:09 AM.

  6. Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    nm
    Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 12-28-2016 at 09:08 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    19794

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Arkansas Tech plays Missouri S&T on Saturday afternoon.

    It'll be interesting to see how they play following their big road win at Missouri Southern. Missouri S&T is 7-2 with losses to Missouri-St. Louis and Drury while also beating Missouri Southern and Emporia State in close ballgames. I'm venturing to guess it will be a pretty good game, but it will be nice having Trevon Woods and Branden Williams back from injury. They missed the last two games due to each having a concussion.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    What a game in Sioux Falls tonight, but no one outside of the arena saw it

    SMSU 78, Augie 76

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,865
    Rep Power
    192322

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    What a game in Sioux Falls tonight, but no one outside of the arena saw it

    SMSU 78, Augie 76
    Bruggeman's old man game was amazing and Weg did damage in the restricted area offensively but it really felt like Augie gave that one away. Some unbelievably stupid unforced turnovers and missed opportunities in a game it felt like Augie was on the verge of blowing open in parts of both halves.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Bruggeman's old man game was amazing and Weg did damage in the restricted area offensively but it really felt like Augie gave that one away. Some unbelievably stupid unforced turnovers and missed opportunities in a game it felt like Augie was on the verge of blowing open in parts of both halves.
    Agree completely. Really frustrating. Thought we had several chances to put it away and just didn't capitalize in those moments.

    Fylling said SMSU has had two games they have won by 1, three they have won by 2, one they won by 3, and one they won by 4. It showed tonight. They made plays when they needed to. Would've liked to see the Vikes pull this one out.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Fylling said SMSU has had two games they have won by 1, three they have won by 2, one they won by 3, and one they won by 4. It showed tonight. They made plays when they needed to. Would've liked to see the Vikes pull this one out.
    Yup, it's pretty remarkable!

    77-74 vs. Emporia State
    83-82 at Northern State
    73-69 at Michigan Tech
    74-72 vs. Sioux Falls
    84-82 vs. St Cloud State
    87-86 at Sioux Falls
    78-76 at Augustana

    The only loss of the season was by just 2 points at Upper Iowa

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    19794

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Arkansas Tech survives a 91-88 OT battle against Missouri S&T. Another game where the Wonder Boys were shorthanded. They had Branden Williams back for this one but both Woods brothers were out (Trevin and Trevon), so there were only eight guys in the rotation.

    Alex Brown continues to be a freak, as he finished this game with 40 points on 16-of-22 from the field and 7-of-11 from three. Brown's 40 points ties the second-most points scored in a single game in GAC history. Bennie Lufile also had a massive double-double with 18 points and 22 rebounds, which set the school and the GAC record for most rebounds in a game.

    Not a pretty win, but it's still a pretty quality victory considering Missouri S&T isn't a bad team and Tech was shorthanded. They essentially only had one healthy post player for this game (Lufile).
    Last edited by Toucanbird; 12-31-2016 at 03:30 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Northwest wins easily in a tune up game. Highlight was Zach Schneider breaking the MIAA career 3 point record with his 301st trey in the first half.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Have a weekend, Ryan Bruggeman!

    27 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steals at Augie
    25 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 steals at Wayne

  15. Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    Northwest wins easily in a tune up game. Highlight was Zach Schneider breaking the MIAA career 3 point record with his 301st trey in the first half.
    Schneider is one of those guys that opposing fans feel must be in his sixth season. He's been doing it pretty consistently for four years now and it makes it feel like he's been playing there forever. Really nice career thus far for the Bearcats.

    We're all going to feel the same way about Pitts in about another year.

  16. Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Have a weekend, Ryan Bruggeman!

    27 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steals at Augie
    25 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 steals at Wayne
    I'll take Gage Davis' weekend, thank you very much.

    38 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal vs Minot
    21 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 0 steals vs Mary

    I think that you're looking at your players of the week. No voting needed.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Maryville, MO
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    109997

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    Northwest wins easily in a tune up game. Highlight was Zach Schneider breaking the MIAA career 3 point record with his 301st trey in the first half.
    Schneider sat the entire 2nd half with ice pack on knee. Ebou Ndow didn't even play. Simpson College was terrible for most part. Had a couple of shooters, but that was it. Spoofhounds would've given Bearcats a better game. LOL

  18. #18

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Schneider sat the entire 2nd half with ice pack on knee. Ebou Ndow didn't even play. Simpson College was terrible for most part. Had a couple of shooters, but that was it. Spoofhounds would've given Bearcats a better game. LOL
    Schneider is fine. Woods dnp either. Spoofs need to get over mental block of being able to beat Lafayette Tuesday night.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Schneider is one of those guys that opposing fans feel must be in his sixth season. He's been doing it pretty consistently for four years now and it makes it feel like he's been playing there forever. Really nice career thus far for the Bearcats.

    We're all going to feel the same way about Pitts in about another year.
    I think there are some who feel that way about Pitts already. On a side note, Welty made the only 3 he threw up, extending his streak to 15 consecutive.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    19794

    Default Re: Games Dec 30/31

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I'll take Gage Davis' weekend, thank you very much.

    38 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal vs Minot
    21 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 0 steals vs Mary

    I think that you're looking at your players of the week. No voting needed.
    I'll call your Gage Davis and raise you an Alex Brown...

    32 points, 14-20 FG, 4-8 3ptFG, 7 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal vs. Missouri Southern
    40 points, 16-22 FG, 7-11 3ptFG, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal vs. Missouri S&T

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •