Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Maryville basketball off the rails

  1. #1

    Default Maryville basketball off the rails

    Maryville basketball has become a joke. Both the men and women's teams are an embarrassment. The men are currently 3-9, and the women 3-5 (Lost last 3). The women's team was decent in the past, but since the school has squeezed out their long time coach not anymore. MU appointed an assistant flunky from the men's teams as the new head coach. He has brought the bad coaching over to the women or lack of coaching. The guy has no clue what he is doing, just watch one of their games and you will see. All I can say is don't let anyone you know play basketball for Maryville, either man or woman.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Maryville big problem is they should have stayed in Div. III. Their move to Div. II never made sense. Glad the GLVC was willing to take them, made that league even worse. Maryville would not be competitive in the GMAC either. They ought to consider move back to Div. III where they had a good thing.

  3. Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    GLVC is still heads and shoulders above the GMAC. There are zero GMAC teams doing anything on the national stage in any sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
    Maryville big problem is they should have stayed in Div. III. Their move to Div. II never made sense. Glad the GLVC was willing to take them, made that league even worse. Maryville would not be competitive in the GMAC either. They ought to consider move back to Div. III where they had a good thing.

  4. Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Better check your facts.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    I'm guessing that GMAC-Battler is a parody account. It is notable that none of the 8 existing posts have been in either the G-MAC forum or the Battler forum.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    I'm guessing that GMAC-Battler is a parody account. It is notable that none of the 8 existing posts have been in either the G-MAC forum or the Battler forum.
    Either that or he's just an idiot.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    I'm guessing that GMAC-Battler is a parody account. It is notable that none of the 8 existing posts have been in either the G-MAC forum or the Battler forum.
    I'm a KWC fan. I liked the Battler name and love the GMAC. Guess again.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Quote Originally Posted by WestSideMafia View Post
    GLVC is still heads and shoulders above the GMAC. There are zero GMAC teams doing anything on the national stage in any sport.
    You ever hear of KWC?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    Either that or he's just an idiot.
    I think idiot fits you just fine. Troll fits you better. Get a life.

  10. Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Oh good it's our turn to have a grady

  11. #11

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    I would have tagged him as an AB fan, personally.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Quote Originally Posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
    You ever hear of KWC?
    Yep. Are they only team in the entire GMAC above .500?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Quote Originally Posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    Oh good it's our turn to have a grady
    It is Grady.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Quote Originally Posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
    I'm a KWC fan. I liked the Battler name and love the GMAC. Guess again.
    No more guesses needed.

  15. Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    All of KWC's success as Pre-GMAC. There are not teams that are actively competitive nationally in any sport! I'm talking NOW...not Pre-GMAC.

    [QUOTE=GMAC

  16. Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Who has been successful post GMAC creation? I'm interested to see who has done anything in a National tournament. Every ounce of KWC's success was pre-GMAC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Better check your facts.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    You're probably right in your assessment. Now there is a question, has a higher division school ever dropped down a lower level because they chose to.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Mississippi College (Gulf South Conf) dropped to D3 and then just recently moved back up to D2 (and rejoined the GSC). Also, Brevard College (SAC) is in the process. Those are two I can think of.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Quote Originally Posted by MOFAN View Post
    You're probably right in your assessment. Now there is a question, has a higher division school ever dropped down a lower level because they chose to.
    Lots of schools over the years like Okla. City went from Division I to NAIA back to Division I back to other affiliations. Armstrong State went Division I for about two years and then crawled back to D-2 after the money ran out. New Orleans said they were leaving D-1 for Division III year ago but at last minute stayed D-1. Maryville can do it very easily. Moving back to Division III would give them a chance to compete for something. Never understood their logic in wanting to move up when they don't have the money for scholarships in first place.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    Mississippi College (Gulf South Conf) dropped to D3 and then just recently moved back up to D2 (and rejoined the GSC). Also, Brevard College (SAC) is in the process. Those are two I can think of.
    Stillman also left D-2 for the NAIA last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •